• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu reviews (Mawaru Made in Wario)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kururin Squash! (GC, Nintendo): 8 / 6 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Mawaru Made in Wario (GBA, Nintendo): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Hitman: Contracts (PS2, Eidos): 9 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Burnout 3 (PS2, EA): 9 / 8 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)
Kappa no Kai-Kata: How to Breed Kappas (PS2, Konami): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 64: The Splatter Action (PS2, D3): 6 / 7 / 6 / 5 - (27/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 65: The Kyonshi Panic (PS2, D3): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Meshimase Roman Sabou (PS2, D3): 8 / 8 / 7 / 6 - (29/40)
Daidassou: The Great Escape (PS2, Marvelous): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)

Woo!!

God, the two new Wario Ware games are going to own my life. The first one is easily one of my most played games this generation.

jenov4

Impressive, but was anyone expecting lower scores? As long as they kept the same formula, I would imagine nothing under 9's ... ;)

No, Kappa breeding. A Kappa is a type of water spirit that is rather vampire-like. Of course, these are much cuter than Kappas of legend.

Meier

kappa1.jpg
kappa4.jpg

From the How to Breed Kappas anime which just started airing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
bobbyconover said:
Keep in mind that Famitsu scored the original Kuru Kuru Kururin 7 / 7 / 5 / 6 !

What the friggin' fuxxor, are you serious??? OK, I'm not trusting their Kururin scores anymore. EVER.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Speaking of Kappa, I will never forget the secret character Kappa in Star Gladiator. He kept saying "Kappa Kappa" when doing his moves, and in one of his throws he grabbed the opponent's crotch. KAPPA KAPPA :lol

snapty00

Banned
I played the Euro version of the Game Boy Advance version of Kururin, and I really didn't see any attraction, either. If the GameCube version is anything like that, I think Famitsu got the score right. It seemed more like a huge minigame than a full-blown game.

The "imp" spell in Final Fantasy 6 actually turned the target into a kappa. They are traditional Japanese monsters that live in rivers and make demands of those crossing bridges (like trolls in the west). The bald spot was actually usually an indentation in the head that held water, and they could be rendered harmless by spilling the water.

Turtle is Kame. Kappa merely have turtle-like shells. They also have very sharp fangs.

Top Bottom