• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farage’s European Parliament speech trolled by MEP’s cheeky sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article link. Changed.

Nigel Farage was brutally trolled during a speech about Donald Trump today by a Labour MEP.

London MEP Seb Dance switched seats to sit right behind Farage during a speech to the European Parliament in Brussels - and held up a little sign telling viewers "he's lying to you."

The hilarious moment came as Farage barked out a speech accusing the EU being of “anti-American” and “anti-democratic zealots”.

Ukip’s ex-leader claimed: "Trump is motivated by protecting the USA from Islamic terrorism.

"All Donald Trump has done is taken 7 countries that were identified by President Obama as posing a risk to the USA."

He also clashed with the debate’s chair after he bellowed: "I can see you’re all very upset and I’ve no doubt the events of the US are a profound shock.

“Someone has stood on a manifesto for election, got into office, and within one week said he will hold faith with his own electorate.

"It’s called democracy!”

When the chair told him to be respectful he moaned: "I’ll be respectful all right. Perhaps you will be too for the right of a leader of a political party who won the elections for the European Parliament in 2014."

Fellow MEPs looked on in bemusement at Mr Dance's one-man protest - with the exception of Ukip MEP Roger Helmer, who sat stoney faced throughout.

Eventually, a parliamentary clerk in a tuxedo and white tie, came over and had a word - and Mr Dance's protest ended peacefully.

Ukip MEP Bill Etheridge filed an official complaint to the European Parliament about the protest - complaining officials “failed to remove him until the end of the speech and the matter it [sic] was not treated with sufficient seriousness by the acting chair.”

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
C3lrVsNXAAAS1qj.jpg:large

jonno394

He sure showed Farage eh? I'd be interested to know which bits of the speech he knew in advance so he knew they were lies.....

tuxfool

Banned
He sure showed Farage eh? I'd be interested to know which bits of the speech he knew in advance so he knew they were lies.....

It is a safe assumption to start that it is bullshit. That should be standard operating procedure.

That piece of shit hasn't earned any benefit of the doubt.

All of them.

EDIT: IIRC, aren't you the guy who once replied to me being an apologist to xenophobes??

Hmm, yes, i can see how you'd try to defend Farage.

Racism is the hatred of a race or culture, xenophibia is the fear of those people or their culture, and in this instance, the fear of the impact it could have on Europe and it's culture.

My fear is that one day europe is a Muslim group of counties living under Muslim law. I don't hate Muslims, doesn't mean I can't be concerned by that possibility.

Doesn't change anything. The and/or just goes to show that not all people who exhibit xenophobia are racist. I could be xenophobic to eastern Europeans as a western European. That's not racist.

Hmmm. Farage is a prize twat, but this is school boy behaviour. Nobody comes out of this looking particularly smart.

It's not really an attempt to look smart though is it. Frankly, people could do with a constant reminder behind Farage at all times that he's a lying bigot out only for himself.

jonno394

Farage was giving a speech, I'd take good odds on there being quite a few lies contained within.

It is a safe assumption to start that it is bullshit. That should be standard operating procedure.

That piece of shit hasn't earned any benefit of the doubt.

All of them.

EDIT: IIRC, aren't you the guy who once replied to me being an apologist to xenophobes??

Hmm, yes, i can see how you'd try to defend Farage.

Being xenophobic isn't inherently racist. I said that then and i stand by that now...i dont get your point here.

It's not really an attempt to look smart though is it. Frankly, people could do with a constant reminder behind Farage at all times that he's a lying bigot out only for himself.

This is hardly going to persuade anyone though is it? Its just a silly goof.

Most people with half a brain have already established he is full of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom