• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farage’s European Parliament speech trolled by MEP’s cheeky sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like having the politician of one country wear promotional material for a politician of another country. It's all a farce, Farage is Trump's crony.

tuxfool

Banned
This is hardly going to persuade anyone though is it? Its just a silly goof.

Most people with half a brain have already established he is full of it..

Of course. Doesn't mean one shouldn't speak the truth though an amusing goof, even if it is stating the obvious. Highlighting a liar is its own reward.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How many Russian hookers does this guy get to act like this? Holy crap.

I think the sign is actually quite appropriate, given the amount of bullshit that guy was spouting.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Also, in case you thought Farage couldn't be more of a bellend.
C3mAWp8XUAE_MDZ.jpg

C3mAWp7WMAE9x0-.jpg
A traitor and an enemy to European values.

Still waiting for that special snowflake to fuck off to the other side of the pond and stop leeching money off the EU taxpayer.

Don't even utter the word "respect" when your shitshow of a party is made of scum who will actually beat each other to death at the parliament. Missed Darwin Award opportunity, that.

AHA-Lambda

This is hardly going to persuade anyone though is it? Its just a silly goof.

Most people with half a brain have already established he is full of it..

Hardly, sadly.

At least Trump inspires mass protests; Farage on other hand is now normalised in the UK.
Disgusting man.

tuxfool

Banned
He made a statement about the sign:

London Labour MEP, Seb Dance, has explained why he held up a sign saying ”he's lying to you" while Nigel Farage defended the immigration policy of Donald Trump in the European Parliament.

Speaking on his reasons for holding up the sign, Seb Dance said:

"Mainstream politics must be more willing to challenge the nationalists and the populists. They pretend to stand up for people who are suffering but their diet of hate, division and suspicion create only misery and poverty. It's time to stop the nuanced language: They're liars."

"Nigel Farage is regularly treated to free coverage by virtue of being leader of the EFDD [UKIP's European Parliamentary group] and UKIP often use these clips in isolation on social media. When debates are time-limited it is impossible to challenge what he's saying, so I protested in the only way I knew how at that point, which was to grab a piece of paper, write a very simple message on it and sit behind Nigel Farage during his usual diatribe."

http://www.sebdance.co.uk/why_i_held_up_that_sign

Unfortunately it's a bit late now...

Obviously. We can at least try and hold him back from fucking up other EU countries though, which is the point of this.

yet UKIP is still beneath 15%
and we are leaving the eu

Unfortunately that's largely because the Tories are doing everything in their power to appeal to that same group, because they've got no other serious challenger for seats come the next election.

jonno394

You destroyed me

Xenophobia is a trait of racism.

Yes, but being xenophobic doesnt inherently make you a racist. It might be a trait, but just because you are xenophobic does not mean you are racist. There likely are a lot of xenophobes who are racist, but that doesnt mean every one is.

Oh shut it. Stop with the "he's telling the truth" bullshit. Farage is a liar, a thief and doesn't deserve his position.

I never said he was telling the truth so cut your "putting words in to peoples mouths" bullshit ;) Just merely pointing out that the MEP did not know what Farage was going to talk about and unless you listened to everything Farage actually said, there's no way to know if when the image is being held up Farage is actually lying. :shrug:

Joni

He is right for defending the Union he wants to be in. We will trade Canada and Mexico for England and Wales Mr Trump and Mr Farage.

tuxfool

Banned
I never said he was telling the truth :shrug: Just merely pointing out that the MEP did not know what Farage was going to talk about and unless you listened to everything Farage actually said, there's no way to know if when the image is being held up Farage is actually lying.

Given that piece of shit Farage doesn't care about the truth, again I'll say that nobody should care about what he says to begin with, true or false.

that MEP statement was absolutely correct.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
You destroyed me

Yes, but being xenophobic doesnt inherently make you a racist. It might be a trait, but just because you are xenophobic does not mean you are racist. There likely are a lot of xenophobes who are racist, but that doesnt mean every one is.

I never said he was telling the truth :shrug: Just merely pointing out that a)the MEP did not know what FArage was going to talk about and unless you listened to everything Farage actually said, there's no way to know if when the image is being held up, Farage is actually lying.

So you don't hate a specific race, just all members of an entire religion instead.

jonno394

To be fair you are just defending the right to hate an entire religion, not that you hate them yourself. Oh and also you're getting your slippery slime all over the floor

Ok do you don't personally hate Muslims. I'll take that back. You just defend others who do.

We'll agree to disagree. I don't see Xenophobes purely as people who hate, that would be racists. I see Xenophobes as people who fear the unknown or alien cultures and the effects it will have on their own cultures.

This has veered off topic for long enough, if you want to tell me I hate people, lets take it to PM and we can debate and have fun.

Jumeira

Banned
That cunt ignores every counter point and regurgitates same flawed argument over and over. Case in point, he's repeating the same reasons for Trump from his radio show (LBC), I was listening to him just because i need to understand him and his followers to challenge my own views. He spoke about democracy, a caller pointed out if the people voting believe in awful things Trump acting on it and believing the same shows it's irrelevant how disgusting people get to power, they're still awful, and no one can defend inequality . The Cunt responds with, that he doesn't care about that, just focus on Trump acting on orders he's already promised.

tuxfool

Banned
That cunt ignores every counter point and regurgitates same flawed argument over and over. Case in point, he's repeating the same reasons for Trump from his radio show (LBC), I was listening to him just because i need to understand him and his followers to challenge my own views. He spoke about democracy, a caller pointed out if the people voting believe in awful things Trump acting on it and believing the same shows it's irrelevant how disgusting people get to power, they're still awful, and no one can defend inequality . The Cunt responds with, that he doesn't care about that, just focus on Trump acting on orders he's already promised.

Yeah, he has been a piece of shit his whole life, this kind of behaviour isn't recent. Of course he gravitates to other pieces of shit and attracts like-minded assholes as demonstrated by UKIP.

I have never seen him successfully defend his point of view in a reasonable discussion.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
We'll agree to disagree. I don't see Xenophobes as people who hate, that would be racists. I see Xenophobes as people who fear the unknown or alien cultures and the effects it will have on their own cultures.

This has veered off topic for long enough, if you want to tell me I hate people, lets take it to PM and we can debate and have fun.

I'm not taking it to pm just so you can try to save face. You are a self-proclaimed Xenophobe. Either you know exactly what you are or just one of the most ignorant people I've ever as the displeasure of talking to.

Here I'll educate you courtesy of The Oxford Dictionary:

The Oxford English Dictionary said:
xenophobia
NOUN

[mass noun] Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/xenophobia

jonno394

I'm not taking it to pm just so you can try to save face. You are a self-proclaimed Xenophobe. Either you know exactly what you are or just one of the most ignorant people I've ever as the displeasure of talking to.

Here I'll educate you courtesy of The Oxford Dictionary:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/xenophobia

And i'll counter that with

one unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobe

and this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

I have no need to save face, GAF has already determined that i'm the bad guy here. I won't be replying here again, as said, this has been off topic for too long.

edit - oh and just FYI, I never once "self procliamed" myself a xenophobe, I just said I had a fear of somethign that could happen. Again, words in peoples mouths, if you want to say I am then that's fine, but I never proclaimed anything

Just merely pointing out that the MEP did not know what Farage was going to talk about and unless you listened to everything Farage actually said, there's no way to know if when the image is being held up Farage is actually lying. :shrug:

We'll agree to disagree. I don't see Xenophobes purely as people who hate, that would be racists. I see Xenophobes as people who fear the unknown or alien cultures and the effects it will have on their own cultures.

Sorry, I can't get my head around this. You will make assumptions based on fearing other cultures whose influence you stated unknown, you came to this assumption through observing negative appropriations of multi-cultures I take it? If that is true, you made a prediction on what you thought was "right" based on any previous facts you've seen/heard.

How is the MEP ANY different with Farage here? He has seen, countless times, that man spout bullshit, feared he was in for another earfull of propaganda, and called it before hand.

Why are you allowed to make assumptions, and not someone else?

Dascu

He was saying a lot of nonsense outside of the xenophobe/racism/Muslim Ban issue as well.

All the complaints towards the 'unelected Commission' is just nonsense. The directly elected Parliament and Council can and have fully blocked and rewritten whatever legislative proposal comes out of the indirectly elected Commission. There is no democratic deficit. Arguably the Member States and national governments have too much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom