• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

BeeDog

Just saw the latest episode; I've had certain issues with this season (e.g. characters feeling like cardboard characters due to lack of screen-time etc.) but this was fantastic.

Does anyone know what the name of that tense/pounding soundtrack at the end is?

pj

Banned
The context is that when you learn more about her character, you realize she's delusional and has aspirations for a fantasy life, seeking a catch-all cure for what she perceives as her unfulfilling and boring life, and unable to perceive or face the problems directly in front of her (stealing TP, hoarding magazines). When she hits Rye, she hopes if she simply ignores the problem it will go away by itself, while also subconsciously creating a new problem that will allow her to escape from her current life. It ticks both her character flaw and character desire, thereby making perfect sense in the context of her character.

I understand all of those words but I just don't buy it. It's too unrealistic of a reaction. A much simpler explanation is she did it because the entire season is predicated on Rye being killed and everyone not knowing who dun it.

Peggy and Fat Damon are the chaos engines making ridiculous decisions that keep the show moving.

-griffy-

Banned
I understand all of those words but I just don't buy it. It's too unrealistic of a reaction. A much simpler explanation is she did it because the entire season is predicated on Rye being killed and everyone not knowing who dun it.

Peggy and Fat Damon are the chaos engines making ridiculous decisions that keep the show moving.

The point of it is that it's an unrealistic reaction that makes sense for that character to make. I've said this before, but that is the inciting incident of this season equivalent to Lester spontaneously hammering his wife to death in season 1 or Jerry concocting an absurd fake/real kidnapping of his wife in order to steal money from his father in law. They are all actions a "normal" person would never make, but the characters in those moments believe it is the best thing to solve their problems. In all cases the characters continue to make a series of stupid, yet logical in their context, decisions that continue to drive the plot forward.

Peggy is an even weirder character with a more specific character flaw, and therefore her actions are even more absurd on the face of it, but it's so well developed that I don't see how Peggy's actions are any harder to swallow than, say, Jerry stealing a car off his own lot and giving it to the criminals, without doing any of the backend paper work to even try to make the disappearance of the vehicle seem legit. In both cases I understand why that character is doing the things they are doing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
- Andy Greenwald/Chris Ryan podcast: Ep. 8: 'The Watch'<q title="Click to toggle the length of the description." data-full="On today's episode of 'The Watch," Chris and Andy chat about the new 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' trailer, the upcoming 'The People vs. OJ Simpson' (8:00) series, 'Fargo' (11:00), and whether network's still need hits (31:00).
" class="ytm_descr ytm_block">On today's episode of 'The Watch," Chris and Andy chat about the new 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' trailer, the upcoming 'T . . .
Is this the closest thing to a TV podcast in 2016 now.

I also have this terrible nightmare that he'll come across some kid and briefly monologue to him, imparting his world view and the like, and for that kid to grow up to be Malvo.

Billy Bob Thornton was in his 20s in '79 so an appearance from Malvo wouldn't be inconceivable. I hope they don't do it though, his presence as a pure force of chaos wouldn't benefit from any backstory.

The point of it is that it's an unrealistic reaction that makes sense for that character to make. I've said this before, but that is the inciting incident of this season equivalent to Lester spontaneously hammering his wife to death in season 1 or Jerry concocting an absurd fake/real kidnapping of his wife in order to steal money from his father in law. They are all actions a "normal" person would never make, but the characters in those moments believe it is the best thing to solve their problems. In all cases the characters continue to make a series of stupid, yet logical in their context, decisions that continue to drive the plot forward.

Peggy is an even weirder character with a more specific character flaw, and therefore her actions are even more absurd on the face of it, but it's so well developed that I don't see how Peggy's actions are any harder to swallow than, say, Jerry stealing a car off his own lot and giving it to the criminals, without doing any of the backend paper work to even try to make the disappearance of the vehicle seem legit. In both cases I understand why that character is doing the things they are doing.

I agree. There is a million ways they could've killed Rye mysteriously so that it set off a war and have that part of the show work. Peggy and Ed are just entertaining. One is in lala land and the other is very realistic. They are so wrong for each other but it's a small town so they try to make it work.

I can see people getting tired of the sheer number of coincidences in the show but it's kinda the point. It doesn't make it bad if they continue to be so creative.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 3 news:

&#8220;It&#8217;s more contemporary,&#8221; series creator Noah Hawley tells EW.com, adding that the action will be set &#8220;a couple years after&#8221; Season 1, which took place in 2006.

As a result, Season 3 could &#8220;potentially&#8221; feature the return of such Season 1 faves as Molly and Gus (played by Allison Tolman and Colin Hanks, respectively), according to Hawley.

Source

Season 3 news:

Source
Cool, that works for me. Also from the original sauce:
We also asked Hawley if there were any hints about season 3 planted in the current season of Fargo, which FX recently renewed.

“There are going to be connections, the way the first year was connected to the movie and the second year was connected to the first, but I think part of the fun is figuring that stuff out and I wouldn’t want to take that away from anybody,” he said. “There will be definitely things that connect to something in our story.”

Hawley noted the show’s setting always has to at least be a few years in the past given the show “based on a true story format.”

“The idea of the ‘true story’ is it always has to be at least a few years ago, because the idea is we finally know what really happened and it took time – because the book doesn’t come out until five or six years after,” he said.

Season 3 news:

Source

Bring back Mr Wrench!

I wanna know what happened to him afterwards

tumblr_n7t7skfXAv1qizfxto1_500.jpg

pr0cs

I hope season three is filmed here in Calgary too, it's really neat to see local landmarks when watching the show.
The dirtbag hotel Milligan is staying at is about 2 blocks from my girlfriend's house

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm, cue the scheduling nightmare if you need to get some of those people back.

Hatchtag

Banned
Season 3 news:

I wanna see Mike Milligan's kids.

I don't see the Sulversons returning, we've seen too much of them. Same with Gus, and Gus's kid is too young to be a great character yet. Bob Odenkirk returning could be okay.

I kinda expect the guy who sold Lorne Malvo stuff to return. His complete misunderstanding of Lorne Malvo (trying to sell him a pink police scanner, warning him of a zombie apocalypse) was funny and is something you could re-use easily without feeling like a retread.

Billy Bob Thornton was in his 20s in '79 so an appearance from Malvo wouldn't be inconceivable. I hope they don't do it though, his presence as a pure force of chaos wouldn't benefit from any backstory.

Oh I know. I feel like it'd be too much. A reference, sure, but I feel like Malvo actually appearing, be it as a younger Malvo or the Devil, would be too much for Fargo. I could imagine Hanzee/Mike mentioning that someone told them once about how the human eye can see more shades of green than any other colour, but apart from that...

Saty

Long post warning.

Maybe I need to go back and watch both episodes (since the timeline isn't shown to completion until both had aired) but IT seemed like they were in no hurry to get there since according to Hank the Gerhardt's had left. I'm fairly certain they didn't drive over to Ed's house right away

They had to go straight to Ed's. Hank stopped Lou from chasing him saying they know where he's going. Ed's the hot lead fugitive running away who the Gerdahts are looking for to kill. There's no other choice but to get him asap. The people at the police station would have radioed-over to tell them Bear left so there shouldn't have been any reason not to drive straight to the house.

Hanzee shooting people isn't at all unusual for this show. It trades in acts of violence. Always has always will. I seriously doubt the showrunners "backed" themselves into a corner with last seasons massacre talk and are now just throwing Hanzee at people to fix the problem. They have an idea where they are going with him and every other character.
Oh, it's not unusual. My disappointment with that is that i expected the massacre to be a combination and a culmination of the Gerhardts\Milligan\Ed&Peggy\Police mix-up. What we got was mostly inconsequential to that - Hanzee seeing that 'memorial' and losing it.

I'll give you Peggy zoning out. It seemed a little easy BUT she did have a conversation with an imaginary man in Dodd's place not 24 hours before so does it really stretch credulity that much that she wouldn't notice?
Yes, but the imaginary person was taking the place of a real man, it wouldn't have happened if it was just an empty chair in my eyes. Anyhow, lets say Peggy is oblivious, there's still the part of Dodd somehow untying himself from what seemed am impossible position. They are taking shortcuts to get where they wanted. Why not just have Dodd say that he has to poop, which probably would entail getting him untied and go from there?

Dodd keeping her alive? That actually makes total sense for his character. He's a misogynist, as you yourself pointed out (which wasn't new to this episode, he's been subjecting his daughter and mother to it all season) who sees women as Satan. He clearly doesn't think they're capable of intelligent thought. No threat to him. You argued that he was already taken down by her so he should be wise now but that would be underestimating how highly he thinks of himself. The man thinks no one can take him on certainly not a woman. I'm sure he saw it as dumb luck the first time and it wouldn't happen again. Just my opinion but that seems totally on point with who his character has been all season.
Dodd expressed his fear of Peggy to Ed. He pleaded him to get her away from him. He recognized her as a threat, she stabbed him twice. He talked about he's going to mess her up when he gets free. So either kill her right away or tie her up or make sure she won't won't interrupt you and don't turn your back to her. He's a leader of a crime organization - act like. You can always dig deep enough and come up with some justification or reason he did what he did but at certain point it becomes excuses.

Hanzee didn't shoot the store owner because the store owner told him what he wanted to hear and wasn't a complete bigot. He may be brutal but he wasn't killing without compunction until the bar. He was tired of the mistreatment which was the EXACT reason why he chose to kill Dodd....and why he wanted to get the haircut and run away. I have no doubt had he had the chance and a little time he would have slipped away easily regardless of whether or not the store owner identified him. Has he given you the impression at all this season that he's worried about cops finding him or his ability to get away with violence when he needs to? No I didn't think so
Hanzee would have had that time if he made sure that the one guy that can take away that time by calling the cops wouldn't be able to. Why invite trouble? So don't kill the store owner: knock him out. Tie him up. Bust up the telephone. Doing none? That's bullshit that's only there to serve the plot because they couldn't get Hank and Lou at the cabin any other way.

As for the cops....which ones? The two who actually give a shit about finding them? Hank, who we established isn't all there and Lou. Sioux Falls don't give a shit. Christ that other cop doesn't want to have anything to do with any of the stuff going on. SO basically it's left to Lou to handle a gang war, an assassin indian on the run AND the crazy couple. Gotta prioritize homie.
That's part of the problem. These city-spawning crimes and crime-lords and there's still the sense like only Hank and Lou are on the job, that no other policemen are doing anything.

Here's what you do: Peggy told Hank she intends to leave to her Seminar - that's the first lead to where Peg and Ed may run to. Call Sioux Falls PD and make them pay a visit to the hotel to check it out.

Peg and Ed didn't leave with their car. Hank knows the Blue Lincoln was the car Dodd arrived in with his guys. Two of them are found at the house, Peggy, Edd and Dodd aren't. That car is missing. Get an APB for the description of the car. Send the pictures of Ed, Peggy and Dob for every town in the area. We see a police cars stopping near Ed on one of his phone calls. That cop should know the authorities are looking for Dodd's car and for a person matching Ed's description.

None of that sort is alluded to have taken place last episode or this episode. It's like they were trying to search leads w\o knowing where to begin.

Lets continue: Hanzee goes to the hotel and gets Peggy's friend to narrow down her hideout location. If Hanzee only kills bigots then he spares her, right? So she calls the cops, tells them all and they know where to look right? And if he does kill her, somebody at the hotel by the morning will discover it and call them and that should have been at least mentioned in the last 2 eps, even as a dead-end lead, right?

But there's none of that. We have no indication the authorities doing any of these basic stuff and they are literally gifted the location out-of-nowhere by the shop owner who very conveniently Hanzee left capable of doing so.

I think it's sad that you would actually be disheartened by other people enjoying this show. I for one certainly watch it (and all Cohen bros films) thinking of them as taking place in a parallel universe to our with just a smidge of Looney Tunes in it but to say that the plot or characters are poorly written is just not knowing how to find the subtlety underneath the bombast
I didn't say its sad people enjoy the show, i myself listed the reasons you would so. But i do think it's sad that what Fargo is doing in terms of plotting and characters is enough to award her 'best tv show on air\ever' accolades. I've enjoyed quite a lot stuff that i wouldn't dare to call as even being 'good' so it's frustrating seeing faults and criticism downplayed or ignored as if recognizing them will make you enjoy it less.

---

He was smashed in the head with the butt of a rifle and was clearly concussed. Hence, why he was taken away in an ambulance. Plus, he awoke and went to the station first because of the distress call about the ambush. Stupid, not really. Sloppy, perhaps.
You're mixing up the timeline. Hank was smashed in the head, then drove the car and picked up Lou and then they returned to the empty house and then Lou called the ambulance. If the concussion was that bad he couldn't check the basement when woke up then he shouldn't be driving a car and i doubt he could help at the police station in that situation. Anyhow, he had a situation with Peggy and 3 criminals inside the house - that's the immediate concern he should have addressed when he came back to consciousness.

Ed and Lou were not running away from the police station. They were shown twice quietly walking through the woods so as not to attract any attention to themselves. The only time Ed runs is after Hank pulls up in the car. Granted, it's still a bit of a stretch that he gets to the house before them. If I were writing it, I'd have Lou take Hank to hospital first. After all, he's not just a coworker but his father in law as well. That would better explain Ed and Peg having time to get away.
Hanks' driving a car, he's fine enough. You chase the lead (Ed going to his house) as far as you can or call an ambulance to Edd's house location while driving there in case you need to continue the chase and leave Hank at Peggy's house. If i were writing i would do in completely different way that actually holds water and isn't ridiculous.
A fat man winning a race against a car + moving a hefty body from the basement and still gets it done before Hank and Lou and arrive is probably the most outrageous piece of writing i saw this TV season - and there's plenty of competition.

Well, he shoots two dudes in the knees and lets one run away. Kills the bartender, two cops and kills Dodd. So he shot 6 people and killed 4. Excessive, but not exactly a massacre and certainly not "everybody on sight."

Peggy being whacked has been well established both prior to this episode and at the very beginning of this one. Her zoning out is not a shock.

Dodd doesn't recognize any woman as a threat. And it has been well established that he is misogynistic.

Already noted that Hanzee did not "shoot everybody."

Not sure what this is supposed to even mean. Cops work on phone tips all the time, even more so back in '79.
Check the first section of the post for my comments on these.

I don't look at it as the best show ever. But I do think it's really good. I'd probably rate Breaking Bad higher, but horror of horrors, that had even more suspension of disbelief than this. (The melting bath tub, the plane that crashes right over Walter's house, Death by ATM etc. etc.) Again, your general complaints can be leveled at just about any show or creative medium ever. "How convenient that X happened because of something person Y did!" Yep, there's fun to be had at watching Fargo. I'd say you're not having it. But I suppose your fun comes in getting on the internet and being the contrarian.
I'm not the biggest BB fan, but it is much better than Fargo. Yes, it had its bad moments (although 2 of your examples aren't really issues of suspending belief). My criticism can be leveled against most shows because it's at the basic level of writing and plotting. It's common for negatively-received shows to have their characters serve the plot. It's common for them to handwave, bend and break characterization or simple logic or whatever needs be in order to bring forward what they decided to do .It's built on it. (this season of Homeland is a great example).

Most of the better shows don't do that or try to minimize or aren't as painfully obvious in doing so. Fargo doesn't, and it actually intensifies this kind of writing as the season goes along. Coupled with mostly paper-thin and skin-deep characters and characterization i can't agree with overly-positive accolades it's receiving.

No, the Walking Dead is a perfect example of that. Characters constantly do stupid things that don't make sense because the plot necessitates they do them. All character actions in Fargo make logical sense in the context of the story and those characters, and those character actions drive the plot forward. The characters are imperfect people that make mistakes, the show addresses that. It's practically one of the core themes of what a Fargo story is. It is literally the opposite of what you complain about.
How can you be saying this with a straight face? Let me get it straight: TWD acting stupidly and doing stupid stuff = bad. Fargo characters acting stupidly and doing stupid stuff = not bad? Both shows are an example for characters serving the plot. The veneer might be better in 'Fargo' but the bottom line is the same. No, most of the character actions i criticized in Fargo don't make sense in the context of the story. You can try to excuse them, maybe some more easily than others, but you can do so with TWD as well. You don't think TWD depicts its characters as imperfect people who make mistakes? Why is this defense OK and applicable for Fargo but not for TWD? And what about none character action stuff like Ed outrunning a car? How is that not a blatant preposterous writing that overrides everything else just for the sake of enabling the plot to proceed in a certain way?

Finalow

Dodd&Peggy best couple

Why do you keep doing this
Saty needs his weekly gaf dose of "let's waste my whole day writing posts where I pretend that this show is really bad, oh and also let's again point out how S1 was bad too"
it's hilarious to see someone trying so hard and being wrong at the same time.

-griffy-

Banned
I feel like Saty is actively trying to misinterpret and misunderstand elements of both the show and posts in this thread.

How can you be saying this with a straight face? Let me get it straight: TWD acting stupidly and doing stupid stuff = bad. Fargo characters acting stupidly and doing stupid stuff = not bad? Both shows are an example for characters serving the plot. The veneer might be better in 'Fargo' but the bottom line is the same. No, most of the character actions i criticized in Fargo don't make sense in the context of the story. You can try to excuse them, maybe some more easily than others, but you can do so with TWD as well. You don't think TWD depicts its characters as imperfect people who make mistakes? Why is this defense OK and applicable for Fargo but not for TWD? And what about none character action stuff like Ed outrunning a car? How is that not a blatant preposterous writing that overrides everything else just for the sake of enabling the plot to proceed in a certain way?

Characters in the Walking Dead do stupid things that don't make sense, because they contradict previous things in the show, established rules, and previous character actions, or because the blocking of a given scene is so sloppy that it just logistically makes zero literal sense. It makes no sense in the context of the show or outside of it. Characters in Fargo do stupid things that do make sense, in the context of the characters themselves and the story being told.

You're mixing up the timeline. Hank was smashed in the head, then drove the car and picked up Lou and then they returned to the empty house and then Lou called the ambulance. If the concussion was that bad he couldn't check the basement when woke up then he shouldn't be driving a car and i doubt he could help at the police station in that situation. Anyhow, he had a situation with Peggy and 3 criminals inside the house - that's the immediate concern he should have addressed when he came back to consciousness.

I didn't mix one thing up. You, on the other hand, project shit and motivations that didn't happen in the show to have things fit your arguments. For instance, how does Hank know he had Peggy and 3 criminals in the house? Answer, he doesn't. When Hanzee approaches from behind, Hank thought it was Peggy because he had no clue anybody else was in the house. That was the whole point. If he can even remember who hit him when came to, he still has ZERO knowledge of anybody else being in the house because he was out cold when the rest of them entered it. And when he comes to, all of the vehicles are gone except for Dodd's. And, the concussion was that bad because he specifically says to Lou, "Maybe you drive, I'm seeing double."

I find the decor of the 70s fucking awful. It's a detracts my ability to try and get invested in a movie or show. It really turns me off. On the other hand, I loved Mad Men, because although it was set in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s, the film felt contemporary due to how the show was shot. I dunno. It's hard to explain. Also, as with Mad Men, I love The Americans.

Linius

I find the decor of the 70s fucking awful. It's a detracts my ability to try and get invested in a movie or show. It really turns me off. On the other hand, I loved Mad Men, because although it was set in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s, the film felt contemporary due to how the show was shot. I dunno. It's hard to explain. Also, as with Mad Men, I love The Americans.

The Americans is set in the 80's though.

I quite enjoy the 70's as a backdrop I must say. Works for Fargo at least.

DiscoJer

Hrrrmph. The decor of the 1970s represents mankind's cultural peak.

Saty

I feel like Saty is actively trying to misinterpret and misunderstand elements of both the show and posts in this thread.

Characters in the Walking Dead do stupid things that don't make sense, because they contradict previous things in the show, established rules, and previous character actions, or because the blocking of a given scene is so sloppy that it just logistically makes zero literal sense. It makes no sense in the context of the show or outside of it. Characters in Fargo do stupid things that do make sense, in the context of the characters themselves and the story being told.
No, they don't. What a great blanket statement to use to thwart any criticism. I could easily try and twist stuff like that regarding TWD.

Unless the 'context' of the characters in Fargo is to be as malleable as the writers want them to be to enable the specif plot progression they want. Which makes those character props that serve the plot.

Is the context of Hank is to be an incompetent police officer that somehow risen to the position of Sheriff but isn't capable to do the basics of his job? Not following evidence that indicate hit-and-run, not checking Peggy's house, not issuing an APB for Dodd's car etc.
Is the context of Hanzee to be careless enough that he won't prevent the store owner calling the cops and causing him more trouble because that's the only way the writers decided that should happen?

I didn't mix one thing up. You, on the other hand, project shit and motivations that didn't happen in the show to have things fit your arguments. For instance, how does Hank know he had Peggy and 3 criminals in the house? Answer, he doesn't. When Hanzee approaches from behind, Hank thought it was Peggy because he had no clue anybody else was in the house. That was the whole point. If he can even remember who hit him when came to, he still has ZERO knowledge of anybody else being in the house because he was out cold when the rest of them entered it. And when he comes to, all of the vehicles are gone except for Dodd's. And, the concussion was that bad because he specifically says to Lou, "Maybe you drive, I'm seeing double."
Is this for real? Hank was standing in the porch, facing Dodd and his guys. Dodd started closing in and then Hank was struck by Hanzee from behind. Are you fucking kidding me trying to argue that Hank wouldn't be aware of that? He told Peggy to hide in the house. He saw Dodd approaching him with his two guys and then he blacked out. So when he wakes up it's imperative for Hank to check the house. There are no 2 ways about it. No ifs or buts. His last recollection is Peggy hiding and at least 3 men coming for her. He freaking admonishes himself in last week's ep that he didn't check the house. Dodd's car is still here so he obviously should check the house. What if Dodd's car wasn't there and Peggy's body was in the house, huh? Hank ought to have check the house. Period. The only reason he didn't was because that would fuck up the specific and stupid way the writers wanted the plot to progress. Yeah, Hank's concussion was 'that bad' that he drove a car and picked up Lou before handing him the wheel.

See, this is the part what where people will start jumping through every kind of hoop to try and excuse shows they like. Every point of question or criticism is washed away, everything actually 'makes sense'. Every action is justifiable. Nothing is wrong, no sir. Every bad piece of wiring is let out of the hook. The clueless Sheriff, the cops that don't do a single thing to find who they are looking after, critical info unmentioned, a guy that basically invites the cops to interrupt him, a guy beating a car to a destination.

Just stop. Recognizing unsatisfactory\flawed writing won't cause you to like the show less. It won't reflect badly on you that you still love the show. It's digging your heels in and stretching everything imaginable to deflect criticism in a show's defense that will.

--
Btw, forgot to ask: Was it feasible\plausible the way in which Ed got Mike's number?

No, they don't. What a great blanket statement to use to thwart any criticism. I could easily try and twist stuff like that regarding TWD.

Unless the 'context' of the characters in Fargo is to be as malleable as the writers want them to be to enable the specif plot progression they want. Which makes those character props that serve the plot.

Is the context of Hank is to be an incompetent police officer that somehow risen to the position of Sheriff but isn't capable to do the basics of his job? Not following evidence that indicate hit-and-run, not checking Peggy's house, not issuing an APB for Dodd's car etc.
Is the context of Hanzee to be careless enough that he won't prevent the store owner calling the cops and causing him more trouble because that's the only way the writers decided that should happen?

Is this for real? Hank was standing in the porch, facing Dodd and his guys. Dodd started closing in and then Hank was struck by Hanzee from behind. Are you fucking kidding me trying to argue that Hank wouldn't be aware of that? He told Peggy to hide in the house. He saw Dodd approaching him with his two guys and then he blacked out. So when he wakes up it's imperative for Hank to check the house. There are no 2 ways about it. No ifs or buts. His last recollection is Peggy hiding and at least 3 men coming for her. He freaking admonishes himself in last week's ep that he didn't check the house. Dodd's car is still here so he obviously should check the house. What if Dodd's car wasn't there and Peggy's body was in the house, huh? Hank ought to have check the house. Period. The only reason he didn't was because that would fuck up the specific and stupid way the writers wanted the plot to progress. Yeah, Hank's concussion was 'that bad' that he drove a car and picked up Lou before handing him the wheel.

See, this is the part what where people will start jumping through every kind of hoop to try and excuse shows they like. Every point of question or criticism is washed away, everything actually 'makes sense'. Every action is justifiable. Nothing is wrong, no sir. Every bad piece of wiring is let out of the hook. The clueless Sheriff, the cops that don't do a single thing to find who they are looking after, critical info unmentioned, a guy that basically invites the cops to interrupt him, a guy beating a car to a destination.

Just stop. Recognizing unsatisfactoryflawed writing won't cause you to like the show less. It won't reflect badly on you that you still love the show. It's digging your heels in and stretching everything imaginable to deflect criticism in a show's defense that will.

--
Btw, forgot to ask: Was it feasibleplausible the way in which Ed got Mike's number?

You are an island of one on this man.

Newspaper article revealed where Milligan was staying. Ed called the operator, operator connected to fron desk, front desk rang his room.

That was an entire scene man.

Top Bottom