• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yayate

Waver also hangs on to relevance because Merlin can't do an instant 50% NP charge like he can.

I mean, generally that only makes him slightly better for farming if you don't have enough zelretches, because Merlin wins out on NP charge in the longer run. Really cant think of the last time out of farming I'd prefer 1 Waver over 1 Merlin

Although, bringing a Waver is sometimes better than bringing a second Merlin if you already have your own Merlin.

Pejo

Man I really need to level up either Hektor or Lancelot for farming archer class stuff. This is tedious right now. Should probably do Lancelot for the overall farming usefulness, but his materials...

RSchmitz

Man I really need to level up either Hektor or Lancelot for farming archer class stuff. This is tedious right now. Should probably do Lancelot for the overall farming usefulness, but his materials...

If you have a Kaleido lvl Lancelot for the FPs too.
Unless it's an event or story boss, 99% of the time I use a Kaleido Lancelot as support in NA.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Cleared out a few inactives from my friends list. Have 90 Altera, 90 Waver, 80 TamaCat, all with good CEs. My Waver is at NP2 with his third skill at level 6 as well.

Quonny

The Halloween event look so confusing. So many different item drop, CE and quest schedule...

It was a mess at launch, but they patched it. Basically you just get two extra daily quests that you have to do by the end of the event.

There are different currencies for the different difficulties, and they can be 'traded down'. There are CEs from the gacha and from the event that increase the drop rate of these items. You trade the items in for skill/ascensions materials. That's pretty much it.

The Halloween event look so confusing. So many different item drop, CE and quest schedule...

Basically just think of it the same way as the different Medals from Nerofest. Different quests for different currencies, etc.

Also a bunch of one-time Free Quests for extra currencies.

And that's about it.

elty

It was a mess at launch, but they patched it. Basically you just get two extra daily quests that you have to do by the end of the event.

So some quest can be ran only twice daily, but if you miss it you can still run it later during the event? So if the event is 7 days then you can run this 14 times?

So some quest can be ran only twice daily, but if you miss it you can still run it later during the event? So if the event is 7 days then you can run this 14 times?

No, there are a bunch of extra quests that show up, but they can all only be done once.

This was a change from the old version where you could repeat them, but only for 1 hour per day. To absolutely no one's surprise this murdered their servers so they changed it.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm definitely cursing myself by looking at Tamamo's ascension requirements before I even have her, but wanted to see if I had everything in place to max her out in the event I get her. I have mostly everything, but uh.

...hopefully there's a way to farm Forbidden Pages soon, lol.

I'm definitely cursing myself by looking at Tamamo's ascension requirements before I even have her, but wanted to see if I had everything in place to max her out in the event I get her. I have mostly everything, but uh.

You get 5 from the event itself and Blackbeard's Interlude has 10 more.

Mupod

I wanted to get everything ready but I kind of lost my drive to play this game a while back. The old dailies were soul-crushing especially for caster stuff. Farming for a character I might not get was a hard pill to swallow.

That said, I have quite a bit stockpiled simply because I haven't even put any resources whatsoever into servants other than Vlad, Tamamo Cat, and Emiya. And of course doing one ascension for every 1-3* in order to access their interludes.

Moonlight

Banned
Ah, nice. Forgot that clear rewards were a thing, didn't see them in the shop so I assumed they were skipping this event.

In other news, have a little over 200 caster embers stocked now. My second archive is crammed with them. Very optimistically, I'll have a headstart with Tamamo, but if not, I'll probably have enough to creep Waver to the max level cap. Burned a couple golden apples for this, but half-AP feels very much worth the investment.

Between this and new dailies, my interest in the game has really rekindled. It's a lot less demoralizing to run them because you have a general idea of what you're getting at bare minimum and for the most part they're pretty worth doing. It just feels like more progress is being made vs the old ones, and you inherently have way less of the shitty feelings of not even having the right type of Servant spawn. A lot of goals feel more reachable, lol

Excited for Halloween, got a lot of stuff lined up for the mats it's gonna give out.

Just finished Septem.

Nero's larger-than-life attitude and enthusiasm about everything is pretty charming and makes her a much more enjoyable companion compared to Jeanne. Not that I have anything against Jeanne, but having her stoic self, the straight-as-arrow Mash and the silent protagonist as central characters was a bit much.

In contrast, the Septem plot is a whole lot of nothing that feels padded. It even has that weird filler with that weird island and weird Servants in the middle.

I also just finished my first Interlude and... was kinda disappointed? I was expecting something like a mini-version of the Singularity scenario, like how Orleans was also tied up with Jeanne's history, however slight, and touched upon her way of life, point of view and legacy. Instead I got Medusa
having a complex about her height, complete with a hackneyed pretend-to-be-my-lover talks and some nanpa-bully-combo scenario.

In contrast, the Septem plot is a whole lot of nothing that feels padded. It even has that weird filler with that weird island and weird Servants in the middle.

I also just finished my first Interlude and... was kinda disappointed? I was expecting something like a mini-version of the Singularity scenario, like how Orleans was also tied up with Jeanne's history, however slight, and touched upon her way of life, point of view and legacy. Instead I got Medusa
having a complex about her height, complete with a hackneyed pretend-to-be-my-lover talks and some nanpa-bully-combo scenario.

It's widely acknowledged now that the writers dropped the ball with Septem - there are interviews about how they would do it differently now. Okeanos is a much better plotted story.

Interludes are hugely variable. There are incredibly poignant ones, there are ones that tease characters not in the game yet, there are ones that give you materials you need. And then there are ones that are just throwaway jokes.

The good news is that Medusa will get her big, mythologically-relevant story role in the 7th singularity. That's still a ways off, though.

Tamamo banner will be here soon. Not sure whats going to happen, but I stockpiled all I could. 50 tickets and 350 quartz. If I whiff on Tamamo, well I'll probably whiff if i used it on Scathach anyway. I've been pretty lucky on the other gatcha game I've been playing, so it remains to be seen if luck carries over, or if I've spent it all.

Pejo

Ah cool, thanks guys. In that case, I'm not going to go crazy. I do want her for Arts team stuff with Vlad and Waver though.

It's widely acknowledged now that the writers dropped the ball with Septem - there are interviews about how they would do it differently now. Okeanos is a much better plotted story.

Interludes are hugely variable. There are incredibly poignant ones, there are ones that tease characters not in the game yet, there are ones that give you materials you need. And then there are ones that are just throwaway jokes.

The good news is that Medusa will get her big, mythologically-relevant story role in the 7th singularity. That's still a ways off, though.

Aa, that sounds pretty good, then. I went through Robin Hood's and it's indeed more in line with my expectation. I noticed several Servants don't have Interlude, though (I want Arash's dagnabbit). I assume they are tied to Okeanos or even further Singularities?

Kenai

I really, really wish there were more room in the second archive. I could easily fill up double the space I have now. No idea when NA will get the upgrade options.

Here's a very late response, but Merlin is also the best Arts support in the game, and also the best Quick support in the game. He is all around the best support in the game in every situation.

Calling him a Buster support is a bit incorrect just because the only support he doesn't outclass into obscurity is Jeanne.

Anyway, finally getting my Saber Alter up now that I got her pieces and monuments. Now I juuust need a truckload of hearts and talons.

It's correct because there isn't any reason to use any Servant other than one focused on Buster cards when you have Merlin. This is why no one uses Arts teams in JP anymore.

If they plan on leaving Merlin broken forever, there will never be any meta ever again in FGO except Merlin + Waver + Any Servant With Buster NP as your automatic win button for literally everything.

Then again in FGO people roll for waifus anyways because meta doesn't matter so that's fine too.

Pejo

I wish this game had a mode you could play that didn't revolve around stamina, or that the stamina was a little faster to recharge.

chrono01

Merlin is great and I'll definitely aim for him, but right now I need that Jeanne Alter. Why couldn't she be a non-limited unit!? This stress, it's too much.

Ala Alba

Is the game balance on JP actually that broken, to the point where one team setup is unequivocally better than all others?

It seems having Merlin on a team is pretty much necessary for some content from what I hear.

It's not that Merlin is necessary, but for about 99% of content in JP, Merlin + Buster Servant + some other support servant is good enough, often even optimal. You can even double-up on Merlin in most cases.

However, there is 1% of content where other teams are better (a.k.a, the reason Jeanne is now considered top tier).

They have never nerfed a servant ever, so the "meta" will really only change if they release a Merlin-comparable support for Quick servants (or Arts, I suppose).

It's not that Merlin is necessary, but for about 99% of content in JP, Merlin + Buster Servant + some other support servant is good enough, often even optimal. You can even double-up on Merlin in most cases.

However, there is 1% of content where other teams are better (a.k.a, the reason Jeanne is now considered top tier).

They have never nerfed a servant ever, so the "meta" will really only change if they release a Merlin-comparable support for Quick servants (or Arts, I suppose).

There's already a strong Arts support servant in Tamamo. They just need to buff her until she's as broken as Merlin and the problem solves itself. Kind of. DW faces a dilemma now where if they keep making content harder and harder to nerf Merlin without directly changing him, it becomes completely impossible for players who don't have Merlin to clear it. So either they have to hand out Merlins to the entire playerbase and expect every player to keep Merlin in their parties all the time forever or they have to find another solution.

Since they refused to nerf Merlin right away after he was originally released, they are in a tough situation here. They let Merlin go on being broken for so long that the player base would likely revolt if a nerf was attempted now.

As always, it's weird seeing 2 years into the future and knowing that one day this will happen to NA as well.

Ala Alba

There's already a strong Arts support servant in Tamamo. They just need to buff her until she's as broken as Merlin and the problem solves itself. Kind of. DW faces a dilemma now where if they keep making content harder and harder to nerf Merlin without directly changing him, it becomes completely impossible for players who don't have Merlin to clear it. So either they have to hand out Merlins to the entire playerbase and expect every player to keep Merlin in their parties all the time forever or they have to find another solution.

Since they refused to nerf Merlin right away after he was originally released, they are in a tough situation here. They let Merlin go on being broken for so long that the player base would likely revolt if a nerf was attempted now.

As always, it's weird seeing 2 years into the future and knowing that one day this will happen to NA as well.

What Merlin brings is healing, strong offensive support, stars, np gain, and enemy NP survival. Tamamo would need to gain stars and NP survival (beyond her NP drain). If her transformation skill applied to the whole frontline, that would pretty much solve the NP survival. Then add instant stars to her NP drain and I think that would pretty much handle it.

I guess Merlin was technically being hyped up in the game since launch.

Saber has some dialogue about how great it would be if Merlin joined your team.

Have 'no caster' events.

Solved.

They're already making bosses that prioritize killing casters in your party, so...

KMRiku

Neo Member
Honestly, Tamamo herself is already a damn strong Arts support. You can even say that she is the heart of most Arts teams in the game with the strongest Arts buff in the game, great defensive skills (witchcraft and transformation) and her NP is simply ridiculous (party cooldown reduction is already pretty strong itself and it comes together with a heal and NP charge). She has been getting higher and higher in the japanese tier list because of how much she contributes to Art teams.

Tamamo works for both offensive and stall Arts teams and those are pretty strong even in the japanese version with Merlin and Burst teams. The only problem with Tamamo when compared to Merlin/Waver is that she offers little to nothing for Buster/Quick teams. If anything, Quick teams needs a dedicated support like her.

Articalys

The official news page for the Halloween event is up:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/1013_event_pumpkin/

And here she is herself, what you've all been waiting for:
img_info_151021_03.png

Laiza

Don't care about Tamamo. You guys can roll for her all you want. I'll use her as a support, at least.

It's next month that I'm saving up for...

Here's how the four types of drops get boosted by the six event CEs:

Code:
          Gacha CE     Shop CE
Lanterns  5*
Bats      4*           5*
Candles   3*           5*
Cakes                  3*

As always, gacha CEs do not drop and are not in the shop. Shop CEs can also drop but are not in the gacha.

Moonlight

Banned
The official news page for the Halloween event is here:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/1013_event_pumpkin/

And here she is herself, what you've all been waiting for:
I hate that I want her so badly because the desire sensor will punish me for my dreams. ;___;

edit: I guess that famous Mash design waits till next year, huh

edit2: I wonder if they flat-out have a different team or the devs do graphics because the banner text and art is almost always grammatically messed up.

Moonlight

Banned
Only have four apples left, but I did it! I'm now a proud member of the fully ascended Waver crew. Very happy about this.

Have tons and tons of magic gems so gonna spend the rest of tomorrow spamming the 10 AP and get to 4/4/4 at least. Then after that it'll be pretty trivial to collect the embers I need to max him out. And then maybe I'll stand a chance in the oversaturated Waver market, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom