• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Remastered announced for Switch and PC | Fate/Stay Night Remastered will be releasing on August 8th (NSW and PC)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Bruh, Fate/Stay Night is a digital only release!? I wanted a big box release like they did with Witch on the Holy Night and Tsukihime Remake Limited Editions. Missed opportunity there by Aniplex and Type Moon.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yes, and ?

sabergrin.gif

Paltheos

Cool. I was tired of Fate by the time I'd finished reading the original VN years ago and didn't see enough appeal in this weirdo time-entangled story to trouble myself researching everything I'd need to get it to work too, but an official translation? Now? Yeah, sure. Count me in.

graywolf323

Bruh, Fate/Stay Night is a digital only release!? I wanted a big box release like they did with Witch on the Holy Night and Tsukihime Remake Limited Editions. Missed opportunity there by Aniplex and Type Moon.
interesting that they stopped the big box releases when they stopped bothering to release the games on PS4

Aniplex honestly makes no sense with the platform choices, are they incapable of three versions at release? Steam is going to get Fate now before Tsukihime (which was PS4/Switch only at release similar to Witch, the latter then came to Steam about a year later IIRC)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

interesting that they stopped the big box releases when they stopped bothering to release the games on PS4
There's a chance that they might do a double pack physical release later on with both fate/stay night and fate/hollow ataraxia remasters. We'll have to wait and see though.
Aniplex honestly makes no sense with the platform choices, are they incapable of three versions at release? Steam is going to get Fate now before Tsukihime (which was PS4/Switch only at release similar to Witch, the latter then came to Steam about a year later IIRC)
Yeah, agreed. They've been quite weird with where they put these Type-Moon VN remakes and remasters. IMO, they should just release them on all the platforms where it makes sense; as in where VNs usually have their audience which is PS, NSW, PC, and maybe mobile, too.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Since we're using this thread for both releases, here are some more technical details on the fate/stay night remaster:

I've also asked the mods to adjust the headline a bit since it's lacking info about the fate/stay night release date.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Steam release seems to be bugged.

The Switch version looks to be good tho.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Edit: Devs are aware and working on it - https://steamcommunity.com/games/2396980/announcements/detail/4347747997064102547

Regarding problems with the English version
We have confirmed that there is currently a problem with the English version.
We are urgently investigating the cause, and plan to distribute a patch as soon as the investigation is complete.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and concern caused despite being just after the release.

Last edited:

bigdad2007

I’m not crazy am I? I love that Type Moon released FSN and is developing the sequel. But didn’t they announce the Tsukihime remake that is on switch was coming to Steam? Have they made any other announcements regarding it?

Top Bottom