• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI director Comey meets with Gang of Eight congress Russia intel investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
FBI Director James Comey meets with Congress 'Gang of Eight'
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/polit...-meets-with-congress-gang-of-eight/index.html
(CNN)FBI Director James Comey went to Capitol Hill on Thursday to meet with eight members of Congress who represent those who have access to the most highly classified intelligence information, a source told CNN.

In the Senate, that includes Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and the chairman and ranking member of the Senate Intelligence committee, Republican Sen. Richard Burr and Democrat Mark Warner respectively.

The House members included House Speaker Paul Ryan, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes and House Intelligence Ranking Member Adam Schiff.

kmax

giphy.gif

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
the-hateful-eight-sam2.gif

This is going to be like Hateful Eight.
I wonder who plays Bruce Dern's character.
We all know Paul Ryan is Walton Goggins' character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
the-hateful-eight-sam2.gif

This is going to be like Hateful Eight.
I wonder who plays Bruce Dern's character.
We all know Paul Ryan is Walton Goggins' character.

But I actually like Walton Goggins character...

I wonder what the best ironic punishment for Donald Trump would be after he gets busted.

Force him to work his time off teaching Mexicans to read.

AndyD

aka andydumi
@Enrique_Acevedo
DOJ declined to confirm statements @whitehouse that Trump was not the target of a counterintelligence investigation

seaa-9.gif

Something I saw pointed out the other day. Kushner and Flynn met with the Russian Ambassador at Trump Tower. WHy would they do that? They could meet him anywhere much more discreetly. There is one person who's presence would require a secret meeting be at Trump Tower, Trump himself.

You know, Flynn is out over meeting with the ambassador, why not Kushner?

Veidt

Thanks, but I was quoting Veidt about his mention of Michael Flynn registering as a foreign agent before the election.

Was a short bit on Cnn. Didn't know how significant it was, so edited out.
But yes, Flynn registered as a foreign agent when right before the trump campaign.

You know, Flynn is out over meeting with the ambassador, why not Kushner?

Because Kushner didn't lie about it under oath and the position he holds isn't one that needed to be confirmed by the Senate.

In my dreams, Trump leaves for an official visit and just goes AWOL and never comes back from hiding.

I have a similar dream except that they find him hiding in a hole in Florida sitting on 7 million in cash.

Veidt

Senate Intel.Comm wants all Trump aides (Flynn, Manafort, Page etc.) to testify in front of senate.

Vestal

Found were it is said..

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/polit...-meets-with-congress-gang-of-eight/index.html

Sources on the Senate Intelligence Committee said they want all the potential Trump associates who allegedly spoke with Russian officials to testify before the committee. This includes former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former adviser Carter Page. It's unclear when they would come before the committee, but senators say they haven't ruled out the prospect of subpoenas if those Trump associates don't comply.

Thats pretty fucking huge.

Veidt

Yes, apparently the democrats have the power to subpoena his tax returns themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom