• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI director Comey meets with Gang of Eight congress Russia intel investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Wasn't there a recent Politico story quoting bipartisan committee members saying basically "don't make this political or get your hopes up"? Though really, if all these administration members are willing to lie (sometimes under oath) over something non-damning, that alone says they're not up for the job. Not that the GOP will care if that's the case though.

Vestal

I can't create a thread, but isn't that new thread worthy? That's a pretty fucking huge development.

Senate Intel.Comm wants all Trump aides (Flynn, Manafort, Page etc.) to testify in front of senate.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIT

Yes, apparently the democrats have the power to subpoena his tax returns themselves.

I could almost guarantee you that Trump would stop being President before letting people know he wasn't as rich as he said he was, let alone whatever shit he was doing with Russia.

SerTapTap

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
The subpeona threat is big, but holy hell at the DoJ pulling the rug out from under the WH on it's "No Investigation" line, that's pretty damn big in itself, the WH and the admininstration in general does not have, it seems, the faith of the DoJ and the DoJ certainly isn't letting itself be seen as having the WH's back.

That's fucking humongous.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I didn't know it was that huge. Feel free to create a thread then.

The meeting is finished.
House Leaders have all refused to comment after classified FBI Briefing.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Page will be the most interesting, he's already been hung out to dry so the likelyhood of him getting any pre-hearing coaching from Team Trump is unlikely, and you know he doesn't have the political nous to deal with being put in the hotseat unlike some of the others, he couldn't even handle a news interview without losing the plot.

Man what a newsy day. CNN saying that FBI looking at odd link to Alfi Bank and Trump (remember that story from November?)

And Flynn working for Turkey while with trump

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
You know, Flynn is out over meeting with the ambassador, why not Kushner?
Flynn wasn't out over the meeting, he was out over the sanctions calls he said didn't happen. The Kushner Flynn meeting was revealed later.

Slayven

Disgraced Trump adviser Mike Flynn admits he worked as a “foreign agent” for the Turkish government

related?

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was fired in February after lying about his contacts with the Russian government, has formally registered with the Justice Department as a “foreign agent” and admitted that he had lobbied on behalf of the Turkish government as recently as November 2016.

As the Associated Press reports, Flynn’s lawyer filed paperwork with the Justice Department Tuesday disclosing that the retired Army general had done lobbying work between August and November 2016 that “could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey.” According to the filing, Flynn’s company, Flynn Intel Group Inc., was paid at least $530,000 for the work.

What's more surprising: these reveals or the fact no one has shown up in this thread telling everyone some form of "It's nothing. Nothing will happen."?

KingK

What's more surprising: these reveals or the fact no one has shown up in this thread telling everyone some form of "It's nothing. Nothing will happen."?
Don't worry, I was just in the bathroom but I'm back!

And yeah, I'm still of the opinion that nothing will happen to Trump. Republican voters and politicians will keep their heads in the sand. At best another Trump lackey gets thrown under the bus.

I will continue to consider it naive to bank on Republicans or their voters.

Hm, I would like it if king idiot struck back with the "CIA hacked the DNC and pretended to be Russia" conspiracy theory, but I really wouldn't want days worth of news coverage bogged down by it, like the wiretap allegation.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Damn. I was out of the country from Wednesday to yesterday, with no Internet. Could someone be so kind as to post a recap of all trump related shit that happened? Either here or PM me or point me to some other source that has it all.

antonz

Hm, I would like it if king idiot struck back with the "CIA hacked the DNC and pretended to be Russia" conspiracy theory, but I really wouldn't want days worth of news coverage bogged down by it, like the wiretap allegation.

This is already the narrative Hannity is pushing. He doesn't outright say it but he suggests how can you trust the CIA etc when Assange says they did it

Syncytia

This is already the narrative Hannity is pushing. He doesn't outright say it but he suggests how can you trust the CIA etc when Assange says they did it

Which is absolutely fucking perfect from Russia's perspective. Muddies the water even more and makes it difficult to discern the truth, which will probably never be declassified given the subject matter. Also sows more distrust in the CIA from parts of the population.

That's why he might get the idea to blurt it out, but even the filter-less Trump is trying very hard to not talk about Wikileaks ever since the Russia controversy started dominating the news.

E92 M3

Did they have the "Russian definition" of meeting or "American?"

Even though I was born in the Soviet Union, I am American first.

I'd like to see Page testify.

In my dreams, Trump leaves for an official visit and just goes AWOL and never comes back from hiding.

He'd pop up with videos from foreign shores to rally his true believers into contesting the government. That would suck.

But oh my, the short term of Republicans UNABLE TO FIND THEIR PRESIDENT, that would be so grand.

keuja

Please do your job thoroughly and with integrity until the end FBI. The Americans and the world is counting on you.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Barron shouldn't have to suffer for the sins of his parents.

Fuck that. I want to see Barron wearing clothes from Goodwill and reduced to thinking that getting some Tater Tots is a special occasion .

Why the hell was Flynn working for Turkey?

The hell is going on with that??? I can't keep up with all this shit.

It's like a Tom Clancy novel on steroids.

Crocodile

Wasn't there a recent Politico story quoting bipartisan committee members saying basically "don't make this political or get your hopes up"? Though really, if all these administration members are willing to lie (sometimes under oath) over something non-damning, that alone says they're not up for the job. Not that the GOP will care if that's the case though.

Yeah I think I read that too. I was starting to come down to Earth a bit and then this thread happens. This is going to be a fucking roller-coaster, sigh :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom