• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear Zoo Keeper

Jonnyram

Mejilan said:
Hello Bejeweled with an ugly skin.
For curious people, this is Bejeweled: http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=diamondmine
Personally I prefer Zoo Keeper's look by a long way. Also the PS2, GBA and DS versions offer modes not available online. The DS version also offers two player versus, and the ability to swap tiles while chains are going off. I've got the GBA version, and I've preordered the DS version. It's one of my favourite puzzle games of all time.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Huh, that's weird. Wonder why its higher than the others.
And Spider-Man 2 is higher. That's a noggin scratcher.
Oh well, Driller is $30 and that's all that matters.

luxsol

BEAT MY SCORE!!!

zooo91k.jpg

luxsol

Unison said:
Only on level 7? I guess the secret it to wait as long as possible before advancing to the next level?
Yeah, only move onto the next level until you're FORCED to. Eventually, you won't be able to make another move except for animal that makes you level up. Also try and keep track of how many animals you put away, that way you can save one animal species to avoid leveling up.

luxsol

robojimbo said:
How did I know you would post in this thread?

And that picture is photoshopped, stop denying it!
You're jealous, man! JEALOUS! Don't spread your jealousy to here!

BTW, i stopped in the chat today and it was pretty empty. Do you still go?

Considering I've been playing (this version) of the game for about 3 weeks straight, every day now, and I've been using the obvious "don't eliminate the frowny faces until you absolutely have to" strategy for 2 of those weeks, and the average score I usually reach by the time round 7 is over is 20,000, I find it somewhat hard to believe you achieved 91,000, ESPECIALLY considering it's so easy to get past level 7 if you know what you're doing.

How did you run out of time on level SEVEN if you're good enough to get such a high score? The only other possible explanation is there's some facet of the game that you know about (ie double clicking the random boxes, I didn't know you were supposed to do that until someone told me a few days after the game was posted here) that I, and apparently others don't.

If that's not the case, you really should have gone to level 10 at least before taking a screen cap to edit.

I just got 14230. I dig this game, as its very similar to Tetris Attack. If they add a few more game modes, I'd easily pay $30 for it.

Sriram said:
:lol luxsol just got owned so much.
You know what's even better? The number's below the animal faces at the top right indicate that he only got 1 line before he died, which means he got 91,000 by the end of LEVEL SIX. That also means he couldn't find one single line after getting just one at the start of level seven.

But what's even better than that, is that his score of 91,103 is technically impossible to achieve at any stage of the game, considering the lowest interval the game offers as a score is 10, so the last number in your score will always be 0.

But aside from that, I believe him!

FreakyFink ProTip:
When you hear a chime, that means you only have one type of animal left to clear. The animal at large will look angry.

Sriram

Mike, I believe that you are the batman of these boards as far as detective work goes. I didnt notice that he'd only got one line on lvl7. I just tried to get a high score by delaying the level up and I couldnt stop it from levelling up cause the last animal would get counted from a combo that I couldnt forsee.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Ill be getting this on day one. As someone said before, you can get hundreds of tetris games online for free but the gb version is still awesome. Plus stylus control = a great new era for puzzle games.

luxsol

Mike Works said:
Considering I've been playing (this version) of the game for about 3 weeks straight, every day now, and I've been using the obvious "don't eliminate the frowny faces until you absolutely have to" strategy for 2 of those weeks, and the average score I usually reach by the time round 7 is over is 20,000, I find it somewhat hard to believe you achieved 91,000, ESPECIALLY considering it's so easy to get past level 7 if you know what you're doing.

How did you run out of time on level SEVEN if you're good enough to get such a high score? The only other possible explanation is there's some facet of the game that you know about (ie double clicking the random boxes, I didn't know you were supposed to do that until someone told me a few days after the game was posted here) that I, and apparently others don't.

If that's not the case, you really should have gone to level 10 at least before taking a screen cap to edit.
What does double clicking on the random boxes do anyway? I've only noticed it makes it a red squigly line and that's about it.

Many people in here find it impossible to get just to 20k at any level so you can have as much disbelief as you want.

I've been playing this game for months now. I got this score back in July (first posted it on my AOL FTP space http://members.aol.com/thepiggoes/ so the date can't be changed) and I showed this to Robo and others back then too. I ran out of time on level seven because i was amazed at my own score (started opening the Grab application before realizing i could go higher). Highest I've been able to get since then has been around 40k. It takes a lot of luck to be able to get this high in the first place. As someone mentioned on another thread about this game, if you wipe out a lot of space the blocks in immediate succession the score will double, triple, quadriple, and so on until it runs out of triplets.

If you think this is faked, fine by me, still doesn't change the fact that I'm not lying about this score or doctored it. From my understanding there are ways to tell if something has been photoshopped so you can show them that pic to examine if you want to think it's doctored (I have the original TIFF too if you want it).

Sriram

But how did you get a score ending in 3? And why did you open the screen grab app while you were still playing?

As far as I know the random boxes eliminate all of one type of animal, but I couldnt get it to do anything else by double clicking.

luxsol

Mike Works said:
But what's even better than that, is that his score of 91,103 is technically impossible to achieve at any stage of the game, considering the lowest interval the game offers as a score is 10, so the last number in your score will always be 0.
After a couple of successions (animals being wiped out automatically without you moving the blocks around) of taking animals out, the points given out start to end in single digits instead going by 10s. I'm really not sure how many because i lost count after 8 in a row (it started going faster).

luxsol

Sriram said:
But how did you get a score ending in 3? And why did you open the screen grab app while you were still playing?
Because I was "playing against" someone else. Trying to see who would get a higher score, and when i saw 90k I thought "GAME OVER for you (person i was playing against), it's impossible for you to get this high ever!" and started looking for the Grab application.

Don't many people do this when they reach a high point and think no one will beat them (tortoise and the hare)? Of course, time was ticking while i was looking to gloat about my score.

Top Bottom