• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yup. They have plenty of hot ass women who can wrestle and others on the indies yet they hire untalented bimbos like her. It just makes no sense. I'd rather them hire another woman who can actually wrestle. I could name several who would be great use of the money.

In fairness, they already have about a billion girls in NXT who are signed up and haven't even started. Signing up a single Kelly Kelly doesn't really matter since she's just going to get "you can't wrestle" chants if they even try to put her up against Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley/Becky.

There's practically no incentive for WWE to go back to "irrelevant Divas matches." Those only existed because they were so sure that nobody would care about women's matches.

ElRenoRaven

In fairness, they already have about a billion girls in NXT who are signed up and haven't even started. Signing up a single Kelly Kelly doesn't really matter since she's just going to get "you can't wrestle" chants if they even try to put her up against Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley/Becky.

There's practically no incentive for WWE to go back to "irrelevant Divas matches." Those only existed because they were so sure that nobody would care about women's matches.

That's why it's a waste of money to hire her. Let's say they put her in a backstage interviewer like role. She proved she sucked at that in the past too and besides we really don't need anymore of those anyway. So why waste the money? It makes no sense. Only thing I can think is that they needed someone as untalented as Eva Marie who Eva Marie could wrestle. lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jesus Christ. It's like they're completely clueless to why the "womens revolution" happened

In fairness, I have my doubts they intend to reinstate the Bathroom Break division, given they have literally no incentive to do it and virtually nothing they've done suggests they're going in that direction, e.g. Raw was main evented by a great women's match and they put three different women's matches on the EC card, none of which were on the pre-show.

I mean, a lot of the fixtures of that era are around and don't really do much. Eva Marie's return to the main roster revolved around her being treated as James Ellsworth, Alicia Fox is basically a Cruserweight division plot device, and they have Maryse back, and she doesn't wrestle outside of special occasions.

That's why it's a waste of money to hire her. Let's say they put her in a backstage interviewer like role. She proved she sucked at that in the past too and besides we really don't need anymore of those anyway. So why waste the money? It makes no sense. Only thing I can think is that they needed someone as untalented as Eva Marie who Eva Marie could wrestle. lol
Actual answer: both Lana and Maryse are pretty over in the limited roles they're given. It doesn't mean they're being groomed to go over Charlotte.

ElRenoRaven

Kelly Kelly vs Charlotte in a Best of 7 Women's Championship Reigns exchange series

*Shudders uncontrollably*

Oh god that would be something that you'd find in hell. Only thing that could make it worse would be Kelly Kelly vs Eva Marie in a best of 7 women's championship Reigns exchange series.

Sephzilla

There is no way in hell they put the strap on her

I can almost guarantee that, almost

giphy.gif

Angry Grimace

I don't remember much of Kelly Kelly but is she worse than Liv Morgan, her friend and Nia Jax?

Who is Liv Morgan's friend? It's pretty hard to be worse than Nia Jax, but Jax at least has a physical presence that Kelly Kelly doesn't.

Foggy

The Womens Tournament can't come soon enough

The variety and flexibility will improve, but I wouldn't count on the quality of the divisions to improve dramatically. At least not with the current participants we know of.

Then again, until Raw and NXT figure out how to do more than one female feud at once, it'll be a waste of time.

Angry Grimace

I also haven't seen a shred of evidence that they're signing Kelly Kelly beyond the fact they did a Twitter video of her saying she'd be at the WrestleMania AXCESS signing.

ElRenoRaven

The last year or so KK legit forgot how to run the ropes. She would go into them with the wrong foot and be off stride when bouncing off.

Yup and that was with her turning around to look at the ropes as she'd be flung into them like above. It was beyond awful. If I had to choose I'd honestly take Eva Marie over Kelly Kelly and I hate her with a passion.

Angry Grimace

SummerSlam 2017

Kelly Kelly beats Asuka for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

come at me bro

WWE Divas Championship (1 time)[82]
Slammy Award for Divalicious Moment of the Year (2011) - Kelly winning the Divas Championship[84]

It's pretty hard to argue that wasn't a different time.

Yeah she mentioned something about this on her interview yesterday

The only other babyface on NXT TV right now, the one who wears cat ears, I always forget her name

...Ember Moon? Because calling Ember Moon bad is pretty absurd.

Pikma

Banned
SummerSlam 2017

Kelly Kelly beats Asuka for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

come at me bro

It's pretty hard to argue that wasn't a different time.

...Ember Moon? Because calling Ember Moon bad is pretty absurd.
Whoops, I forgot about Ember Moon. No, I meant the other one. Ember Moon doesn't wear cat ears does she?

2011, that different time

When Randy Orton was chasing a world title, Cena put over a new star who would go on to lose the belt in favor of a feud that didn't need it, Undertaker and HHH were important parts of a Mania build somehow still, a Bella was a star, Mickie James was in a company's womens title scene, and a part timer got involved in a world title scene for no reason other than nostalgia

So much has changed...

Pikma

Banned
2011, that different time

When Randy Orton was chasing a world title, Cena put over a new star who would go on to lose the belt in favor of a feud that didn't need it, Undertaker and HHH were important parts of a Mania build somehow still, a Bella was a star, Mickie James was in a company's womens title scene, and a part timer got involved in a world title scene for no reason other than nostalgia

So much has changed...
The Womens division has definitely changed, very slowly but it has. Saying it hasn't just because Mickie James and Nikki are still with the company is just silly

Nothing against Kelly Kelly as a person, but I genuinely can't think of a reason to bring her back. Obviously this would be dependent on wanting to come back, but if I were to go for anyone from that period, it'd be Beth Phoenix.

There is no way in hell they put the strap on her

I can almost guarantee that, almost

Filth.

Of course, but these are different times, Eva Marie would be a 10-times champ by now if that wasn't the case

Well having a "Diva" or "Pretty Girl" type character isn't a bad thing they can't all be "Anti-Divas". They are losing Nikko Bella, just lost Emmalina last night and may have lost Eva Marie.

She'd fail the wellness policy after a minute of pissing in a cup.

Don't kill my dreams ;_;

*Shrug* I don't remember Michelle McCool being that bad of a wrestler. But maybe it was a symptom of the times
Things were the worst there. Michelle has told a story of her and Melina getting shouted at because they had the gall to have a good match. Good guy Jericho defended them.

I think there was also another incident with her and I think Victoria where they had a match on Smackdown and when getting changed got told to go back out to do it again because it was too good again or something.

Orton kind of messes with my head. He's been a top guy so long but he started off really young so he's only like 36 now and provided his shoulders don't cave anytime soon will probably be full time for many more years to come.

Top Bottom