• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

Croc

Banned
All right I have 4 more anti-cubes left and I'm not sure where to go. I know 2 of them are from the clock tower, but I'm not exactly sure where the others are. There are 6 gray rooms left on the map;
the security room, the black monolith room, the clock tower, the room with the 64 cube door, the room after that, and the observatory.

Are there any anti cubes left in any of those rooms aside from the clock tower that I'm missing? I can't seem to find any. I already know my map was glitched cause it told me the monocle room at the beginning was complete before I got the anti-cube from it. Hoping I'm just missing some things and that my map isn't glitched some more.

EDIT:
N/m, thanks to this ridiculous map I missed two tuning fork rooms in the sewer area. Seems everything is good.

Zomba13

So I have 30 anticubes and I am pretty sure the last two are in the clock room.
I already have 2 of them and I think they have something to do with time. I read somewhere that you have to wait for 2 am est and 5 pm est for two of them? Is this true?

It's true those are your last 2 but the times
might be off. It might change on a day by day basis or it might be at set times.

It's true those are your last 2 but the times
might be off. It might change on a day by day basis or it might be at set times.
Huh, okay interesting. Thanks! So...is it kind of luck then? Like I need to be playing around
1-3 am in the morning and hopefully one of them pops up? Do I need to be facing the right direction as well? Color to cube to time?

I don't know how to give a hint without spoiling too much, but you can solve it right now, and it has to do with the vibrations. How does the controler vibrate if you stand there for a while?

EDIT: Well, I was trying to give you a hint, but it seems you've got the answer spelled out for you. :/

Thanks anyway. :) I never really noticed the vibrations, but if I did, seems so obvious. :(

hank_tree

Huh, okay interesting. Thanks! So...is it kind of luck then? Like I need to be playing around
1-3 am in the morning and hopefully one of them pops up? Do I need to be facing the right direction as well? Color to cube to time?

Easiest way is to just disconnect from live and start messing with your 360 clock. I went in 4 hour increments until the hands were nearly lined up and then started going an hour or two back/forward until I got it.

Smithy C

I'm enjoying Fez, but it makes me feel like the biggest stupid idiot. I think I'm stuck on the room that you need four cubes to enter. There doesn't seem to be anything to do in there. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

UraMallas

Just found a floating cube in the sewers and
I recognized the markings on it as a tag for the tag reader. I scanned it and it gave me a code. I put it in and I got an achievement. How meta but totally cool. Reminded me of Metal Gear Solid.

Ok here's my theory for the black monolith:

It has to do with binary code.

Here's why I think that:
- Owl saying "64-bit name of god (METATRON)"
- The observatory cube puzzle used binary code, the other one the name METATRON
- The symbol on the floor of the BM room has the symbols for "0" and "1" in it
- The following tweets, both from people who know the solution for the BM room:
https://twitter.com/#!/treyher/status/191603587992928256
https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545 (It says "Thank you" in binary)

I have a feeling this is going in the right direction.

EDIT: We also now know that it's a 8 button input only containing Up, Down, LT, RT, and A. Which makes it 400,000 ~permutations to brute force.

With 3D mode activated during the end game. The Monolith!!!!!111

1so0b.jpg

;)

I'm not liking this as much as I thought I would. Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of the game quite yet. I do have a question, according to the XBLA info, this only supports 720p? Is that true? I mean natively, I know the 360 will scale to whatever resolution.

Zane

Ok here's my theory for the black monolith:

It has to do with binary code.

Here's why I think that:
- Owl saying "64-bit name of god (METATRON)"
- The observatory cube puzzle used binary code, the other one the name METATRON
- The symbol on the floor of the BM room has the symbols for "0" and "1" in it
- The following tweets, both from people who know the solution for the BM room:
https://twitter.com/#!/treyher/status/191603587992928256
https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545 (It says "Thank you" in binary)

I have a feeling this is going in the right direction.

EDIT: We also now know that it's a 8 button input only containing Up, Down, LT, RT, and A. Which makes it 400,000 ~permutations to brute force.

I don't think the owls have anything to do with the monolith. All the owl quotes are religious references pointing to the answer for the security question. METATRON itself is a religious reference.

Zomba13

So, I don't know if this is a glitch or has any significance but,
I was able to fly into and control the giant cube at the start that gives you the fez and later on the glasses. I uploaded a horrible quality iphone video to youtube of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09M3FuHMrJc

Yeah I did that too when I found out you can do that that there. I wanted to see what was around the area and lol'd when that happened.

blamite

Finished the game yesterday with 32 cubes, few quick questions. I'm trying to avoid getting spoiled too much, but it's probably inevitable I'll need a lot of help to 100% the game.

First, how am I supposed to figure out the
which Tetris shape is which button? I know there's a poster in one of the classrooms that breaks the long string of shapes into individual pieces,
but that's the only think I can recall that's directly related to deciphering them.

Secondly, how do I
fly in NG+, and is it essential to gettign any of the anti-cubes? It sounds like it'd almost be like cheating in some parts, but there's things like the treasure chest above the mechanical shaft with the rotating ladder segment I'm not sure I can reach without flying. Basically would I be missing out on anything if I flew or didn't?

Easiest way is to just disconnect from live and start messing with your 360 clock. I went in 4 hour increments until the hands were nearly lined up and then started going an hour or two back/forward until I got it.
If I pop the cube by going offline so I can mess with my clock, can I leave it there. Leave and connect and then grab the cube?

Zomba13

Finished the game yesterday with 32 cubes, few quick questions. I'm trying to avoid getting spoiled too much, but it's probably inevitable I'll need a lot of help to 100% the game.

which Tetris shape is which button? I know there's a poster in one of the classrooms that breaks the long string of shapes into individual pieces,
but that's the only think I can recall that's directly related to deciphering them.

Secondly, how do I
fly in NG+, and is it essential to gettign any of the anti-cubes? It sounds like it'd almost be like cheating in some parts, but there's things like the treasure chest above the mechanical shaft with the rotating ladder segment I'm not sure I can reach without flying. Basically would I be missing out on anything if I flew or didn't?

There is a room that tells you what shape is what button (you press the button and a thing tells you what shape it is) and everything can be obtained without flying. Flying just makes things easier (like travelling). To fly it's up 4 times then hold A.

Can't help you, I did it by accident :/

Secondly, how do I

Press up 4 times and jump, and yes, it will become essential. It's great, saves time on finding things.

saunderez

There's something in the game world that responds to key presses. Knowing this and what the string of tetris shapes looks like should be enough to point you in the right direction

Can't help you, I did it by accident :/
Seriously????
It's the monument with the light up grid on it that howls when you press a button. Eventually I realised it was displaying the same symbol every time I pressed a button

If I pop the cube by going offline so I can mess with my clock, can I leave it there. Leave and connect and then grab the cube?

If you connect to Live it automatically sets your clock to the right time. You could write down which time produces the block and come back when it's time.

LaneDS

Has the music composer done work for anything else? I was on the fence about the game until someone posted a link to the soundtrack samples and then I was sold. Played for maybe 45 minutes and while I was enjoying it I can see how navigation might get tricky later on, plus the game was relaxing me to the point of making me sleepy (not a complaint!).

blamite

There is a room that tells you what shape is what button (you press the button and a thing tells you what shape it is) and everything can be obtained without flying. Flying just makes things easier (like travelling). To fly it's up 4 times then hold A.
Ah, that makes sense. I guess I just haven't found that room yet. I'm pretty sure there's still a big chunk of the map I haven't explored yet, I barely entered the
forest and graveyard
areas until just now.

Love this game so much, it feels so huge and full of secrets and mysteries and the atmosphere is so great. Totally worth the long wait.

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I just haven't found that room yet. I'm pretty sure there's still a big chunk of the map I haven't explored yet, I barely entered the
forest and graveyard
areas until just now.

Love this game so much, it feels so huge and full of secrets and mysteries and the atmosphere is so great. Totally worth the long wait.

Oh wow you have a lot to discover. Just take your time.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The music to this reminds me of Tron... Kind of this really mysterious 80's electronic.

Sometimes I feel just the music will give me nightmares.

What is everyone's favorite music in the game? Mine's the tune in the sewers area. I wish I had that on my computer.

All of it!

Love the music from the "main warp" area (connected to the bell, lighthouse, etc).

Also (end-game spoilers)
the music that plays in the submerged pyramid where the heart cubes are is awesome, reminds me of some old NES tune

Seems like I should become an indie dev of indie games judge in order to actually finish Fez.

This is pissing me off. If the BM isn't obvious, and I don't feel like a fucking idiot when it's over and done, wigs will be snatched.

This game is a technical disaster.

Bought it tonight (14 cubes in) and have been booted back to the dashboard twice, lost all audio once, camera stuck and had to restart once, I can't believe it passed cert like this. The physics and controls make the block puzzles pretty much unplayable for me.

The level design and progression is nice but other than that I'm not digging it at all.

Top Bottom