• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mls-badge.jpg

MEMBERS
Team - Gaf Name - Gamertag - Time Zone
Eastern Conference
Chicago Fire - k0ji-wd - tse88
Columbus Crew - grkazan12 - Grkazan11 - EST
DC United - sneaky77 - EST
New England - StrikeVillain! - Strikevillain - EST
N.Y. Red Bulls - AstroLad - AstroTheLad - EST
Toronto FC - Shinobi - Shinobi 435 - EST
KC Wizards - fivehorizons - fivehorizons - CST
Western Conference
Chivas USA - ChrisGoldstein - AndresON777 - EST
Colorado - Daigoro - Matty Thorns - EST
FC Dallas - woodchuck - Dr Tim Whatley - CST
Houston - Tf53 - Tf53 - GMT+2
LA Galaxy - N.A - AllApologies17 - GMT
Real Salt Lake - Magicked - magicked - EST
San Jose Earthquakes - Cornballer - Cornballer - PST

Waitlist
grkazan12
Cataferal
jibblypop
Slizz

3136tlx.png

Playoff Schedule: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEWkRx4nFzWoZA&hl=en

Playoff Rules
Round 1-2: Play home & away games. Lower seed is first home team. OT does not count. PKs do not count. Feel free to quit out after regulation if you are tied at the end of either of the first two games.

If aggregate score at end of both games (180m) is tied (THERE IS NO AWAY-GOALS TIEBREAKER, JUST GO BY RAW SCORE), play third game with higher seed hosting, in this game OT and PKs count.

Write down stats and goalscorers and post here as usual (home team writes down stats, so feasibly one person could have stats for two games to post).

Finals: One game, with OT and PKs, winner take all.

WEEK 7 (Mar. 23-Mar. 29) SCHEDULE
WC Match of the Week: Chivas USA vs FC Dallas. Veteran managers ChrisGoldstein and woodchuck face off in a fight for playoff positioning. The loser will undoubtedly get the 4th seed and have to battle top seed LA Galaxy in the 1st round.

EC Match of the Week: New York Redbulls vs Columbus Crew. 2 points separate the teams. Can manager Astrolad overcome both his wife as well as new manager, grkazan, to retain the top spot?
10q9n3p.jpg

Full Schedule: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEWr7YXYvw37Mw&hl=en

STANDINGS (updated every Monday)
Code:
[b]WESTERN CONFERENCE[/B]
Team            	Matches	Wins	Draws	Losses	Goals	Against	Diff.	Points
Los Angeles Galaxy	11	7	3	1	18	7	11	24
FC Dallas 	11	6	3	2	14	6	8	21
Real Salt Lake	10	6	1	3	14	11	3	19
Chivas USA	10	5	2	3	16	9	7	17
Houston Dynamo	10	3	1	6	12	17	-5	10
San Jose Quakes	10	2	1	7	8	13	-5	7
Colorado Rapids	10	1	1	8	10	17	-7	4
Code:
[b]EASTERN CONFERENCE[/B]
Team        	Matches	Wins	Draws	Losses	Goals	Against	Diff.	Points
N.Y. Red Bulls	10	7	0	3	20	9	11	21
Columbus Crew	10	6	1	3	22	13	9	19
N.E. Revolution	10	6	1	3	23	14	9	19
Chicago Fire	10	5	1	4	17	14	3	16
Toronto FC	11	3	2	6	13	30	-17	11
D.C. United	11	2	3	6	15	16	-1	9
K.C. Wizards	10	3	0	7	6	20	-14	9
Full Standings: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEWov3GfhM46FA&hl=en

LEAGUE LEADERS
Goals
1. Twellman -- N.E. Revolution (16)
2. Angel -- N.Y. Red Bulls (12)
3. Moreno -- D.C. United (10)
4. Buddle -- LA Galaxy (10)

Shots/game
1. N.E. Revolution (11.2)
2. N.Y. Red Bulls (11.1)
3. FC Dallas (10)

Shots on Goal/game
1. N.Y. Red Bulls (6.7)
2. Chicago Fire (6.2)
3. LA Galaxy (6)
3. N.E. Revolution (6)

Full Player and Team Statistics: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEVBDE2NjWIcPw&hl=en

GENERAL LEAGUE INFO
Schedule
Regular Season: 12 games + 2 byes – 7 weeks – Round Robin within Conference
Playoffs: 1 to 2 weeks – top 4 teams from each conference
2 games per week in the regular season
Each week will unlock on Sunday. Games must be completed by the next Sunday 11:59 PM EST

Preaseason: Will start on February 3rd (1 game)
Preaseason: Will end on February 8th 11:59 EST

Regular Season: Will start on February 9th (we dont want to wait for EA to release update)
Regular Season: Will end approximately March 29th

Playoffs: will end approximately April 12th

We realize you guys have lives other than Fifa and Gaf. We know things come up that will prevent you from playing. If you guys let us know beforehand, we can get substitutes to play your games if you’re not able to. Just don’t disappear. Let us know if you’re extremely busy or on vacation, etc. Be active in the League Thread!

To schedule your games, there are plenty of options. The easiest way is probably through PM with your opponent or post in this thread.

Stats

We will NOT be using LeagueDaddy this time. To report your scores and stats, just post the relevant info in the Official League Thread. Bold the scores, so we don’t accidentally gloss over your post. We will be keeping track of the scores and stats and will keep updating the thread with the standings and leaderboards.

Relevant Stats:
Team Stats:
Shots
Shots on Goal

Player Stats:
Goal scorers

BOTH TEAMS SHOULD RECORD THE SCORES AND STATS. ONLY THE HOME TEAM WILL REPORT THE SCORES AND STATS IN THE THREAD. The other team recording the stuff is just in case.

In-Game Stuff
We will NOT be using the in-game league (due to disconnections experienced previously within the in-game league). We will be playing through 7 minute unranked, custom games. To make an unranked custom game:

Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Fifa 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session > Private Session (yes) and Half Length ( 7 min)

THE HOME TEAM WILL CREATE THE GAME AND SEND THE INVITE.

This will include OT as part of the game… no way to make custom games 90 min. Keep playing in OT to decide the winner. If no one still won, the game will be recorded as a draw. Play PKs JUST FOR FUN…just so you guys can get to the stat screen. PKs ARE NOT PART OF THE OFFICIAL SCORE/STATS.

Controller Settings

shooting: any
passing: semi or manual
through ball: auto or manual
crosses: semi or manual
lob through ball: auto or manual

Preseason Schedule: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEXm9ejOIg5KOQ&hl=en

Slizz

Slizz - DemKillerCANES - Toronto FC - EST

EDIT: dang the dude with the Toronto avatar didnt even want em, maybe i should rethink lol:lol

jibblypop

Banned
Slizz said:
Slizz - DemKillerCANES - Toronto FC - EST

EDIT: dang the dude with the Toronto avatar didnt even want em, maybe i should rethink lol:lol

I wanted Toronto of course but Shinobi got first pick since he played last season and I didn't.

woodchuck

Here's what it looks like right now. See the below post with important league info and stuff.

Gaf - Gamertag - Team - Time Zone

Eastern Conference
Fifty - Che Guevara - Chicago Fire - EST
TDG - xx UniqueGT xx - Columbus Crew - EST
sneaky77 - DC United - EST
StrikeVillain! - Strikevillain - New England - EST
AstroLad - AstroTheLad - New York Red Bulls - EST
Shinobi - Shinobi 435 - Toronto FC - EST (GMT -5)
fivehorizons - fivehorizons - KC Wizards - CST

Western Conference
ChrisGoldstein - AndresON777 - Chivas USA - EST
Frenck - Frenck - Colorado - GMT+1
woodchuck - Dr Tim Whatley - FC Dallas - CST
Tf53 - Tf53 - Houston - GMT+2
N.A - AllApologies17 - LA Galaxy - GMT
Magicked - magicked - Real Salt Lake - EST
Cornballer - Cornballer - San Jose Earthquakes - PT

Waitlist
1. Daigoro
2. koji (tse88)
3. grkazan12
4. Cataferal
5. jibblypop
6. Slizz

woodchuck

IMPORTANT LEAGUE INFO

Schedule

Regular Season: 12 games + 2 byes – 7 weeks – Round Robin within Conference
Playoffs: 1 to 2 weeks – top 3 teams from each conference (1st seed has bye)
2 games per week in the regular season
Each week will unlock on Sunday. Games must be completed by the next Sunday 11:59 PM EST

Preaseason: Will start on February 3rd (1 game)
Preaseason: Will end on February 8th 11:59 EST

Regular Season: Will start on February 9th (we dont want to wait for EA to release update)
Regular Season: Will end approximately March 29th

Playoffs: will end approximately April 12th

We realize you guys have lives other than Fifa and Gaf. We know things come up that will prevent you from playing. If you guys let us know beforehand, we can get substitutes to play your games if you’re not able to. Just don’t disappear. Let us know if you’re extremely busy or on vacation, etc. Be active in the League Thread!

To schedule your games, there are plenty of options. The easiest way is probably through PM with your opponent or post in this thread.

Stats

We will NOT be using LeagueDaddy this time. To report your scores and stats, just post the relevant info in the Official League Thread. Bold the scores, so we don’t accidentally gloss over your post. Astrolad and I will be keeping track of the scores and stats and will keep updating the thread with the standings and leaderboards.

Relevant Stats:
Team Stats:
Shots
Shots on Goal

Player Stats:
Goal scorers

BOTH TEAMS SHOULD RECORD THE SCORES AND STATS. ONLY THE HOME TEAM WILL REPORT THE SCORES AND STATS IN THE THREAD. The other team recording the stuff is just in case.

woodchuck

In-Game Stuff
We will NOT be using the in-game league (due to disconnections experienced previously within the in-game league). We will be playing through 7 minute unranked, custom games. To make an unranked custom game:

Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Fifa 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session > Private Session (yes) and Half Length ( 7 min)

THE HOME TEAM WILL CREATE THE GAME AND SEND THE INVITE.

This will include OT as part of the game… no way to make custom games 90 min. Keep playing in OT to decide the winner. If no one still won, the game will be recorded as a draw. Play PKs JUST FOR FUN…just so you guys can get to the stat screen. PKs ARE NOT PART OF THE OFFICIAL SCORE/STATS.

Controller Settings

shooting: any
passing: semi or manual
through ball: auto or manual
crosses: semi or manual
lob through ball: auto or manual

woodchuck

preseason schedule ( 1 game, due February 8th 11:59 PM EST)

just a test run in terms of reporting scores and stats. pretend its the regular season and follow all the instructions above.

Code:
[B]Home[/B]		                        [B]Away[/B]
Chicago Fire		                Chivas USA	
Colorado Rapids		                Columbus Crew	
D.C. United		                FC Dallas	
Houston Dynamo		                Kansas City Wizards	
New England Revolution		        Los Angeles Galaxy	
Real Salt Lake		                New York Red Bulls	
Toronto FC		                San Jose Earthquakes

Preaseason starts.....now!

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
What's the deal with the roster update? Are we waiting on that?

we're going to go ahead and start on February 9th (next monday). We don't want to wait for the roster update since we have no idea when EA will release it. when the update comes, we'll all download it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ooh I get to play Magicked. I'll tidy up the OP later.

Please remember Auto-pass and Auto-cross are not allowed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Alright will modify my settings.

I'll be online all day tomorrow if you want to play our little match Fifty, I'm on your friend's list I think

woodchuck said:
we're going to go ahead and start on February 9th (next monday). We don't want to wait for the roster update since we have no idea when EA will release it. when the update comes, we'll all download it.
Sounds good to me. I'm happy to wait since Lima, O'Brien, and Sealy are all gone once the roster update drops.

Daigoro

yeah. ill pick up Colorado. edit: or should i still play Strike for NE? that was my original team (and its the team i support in real life).

i dont really mind either way though. i just need a good excuse to play this game some more.

thanks.

(if i stick with Colorado i get to play my favorite Crew fan TDG first! :lol )

woodchuck

either option is fine with me, but i would give you preference since you used them last time and support them in real life.

i'll ask strikevillain

TDG

Banned
...So I guess I get to just sit on my ass and wait for this to be sorted out, huh?

It's the home players' responsibility to arrange the game, isn't it?

woodchuck

TDG said:
...So I guess I get to just sit on my ass and wait for this to be sorted out, huh?

yeah, unfortunately you'll have to wait. i'm waiting for strikevillain to respond.

it's both players responsibility to arrange the game. it's just that in the game, the home team invites and reports the scores and stats on gaf.

Daigoro

TDG said:

we got 6 days before the season starts. keep your shorts on sparky.

TDG

Banned
woodchuck said:
yeah, unfortunately you'll have to wait. i'm waiting for strikevillain to respond.

it's both players responsibility to arrange the game. it's just that in the game, the home team invites and reports the scores and stats on gaf.
Oh alright, sounds good.

Daigoro

ok. looks like Strike is being a bitch about hogging MY team. :p

no problems. Colorado it is.

im busy tonight, but any other night this week after 10pm EST is good with me. when are you free TDG?

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Ooh I get to play Magicked. I'll tidy up the OP later.[/b]

Bring it, ho!

Hrmm... I may have a conflict with the playoffs. Not sure how you guys want to handle this...

I'm getting married on April 4th, and the honeymoon starts on the 5th. I'll be out of the country until the 17th, which would cause a big problem for the playoffs. I guess someone could always just take over for me then.

woodchuck

it's really up to you. it depends if you're fine with playing the regular season, but missing the playoffs. and congrats on getting married!

Magicked

woodchuck said:
it's really up to you. it depends if you're fine with playing the regular season, but missing the playoffs. and congrats on getting married!

Yea, I'm fine with it. I just want to play some regular matches with people I know.

It begins!

Toronto 2 - 0 San Jose

Goals:
Chad Barrett 18'
Danny Dichio 45'

6 Shots 8
2 SOG 3

Good game, Shinobi. Too bad you don't have a mic. Some day I'll learn how to finish and play defense, and then you'll be in trouble. ;)

woodchuck

awesome. yeah...shinobi is really good with toronto. he beat a bunch of us in the last league using toronto.

also, just to maintain consistency, only the home team needs to report the scores and stats.

woodchuck

We're keeping track of everything in a google spreadsheet that we'll update. We'll reset everything once the regular season starts.

We'll probably post some of this info in the OP along with the links once the season starts so you guys dont have to keep clicking the links. the links are there if you want to see the full info.

Here's the Preseason schedule (everyone can view, only me and astro can edit): http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEXm9ejOIg5KOQ&hl=en

the stats (includes player and team) : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEVBDE2NjWIcPw&hl=en

the standings: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEWov3GfhM46FA&hl=en

Yeah, Shinobi was a bit more than I could handle tonight. I put one off the crossbar and had a couple other half chances, but that was about it.

Do you want any of the other stats or are those the only ones you need? Just let me know.

Top Bottom