• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I now have this game in my possession, any tips for a Fifa noob for this century? Midnight mentioned something about using RT to shoot, that seems to make sense given pulling sick moves with the right stick. Any preferred camera angles or other stuff I should know?

I'm in now way great but, here are some tips:

Make use of angles. Don't just run at the keeper and shoot. Come at him from the sides. Use RB for a controlled shoot.

If you get a 1v1 with the keeper, call slow down and call a teamate with LB. Hopefully the teammate can catch up. Lure the keeper toward you and once he's close, pass to the open teammate for a goal.

Hold LT to execute moves. Personally, I find them hard to pull during a game. But, If you can do so, more power to you.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
Like beating up the minorities you so strongly hate?
Yup, I plan to use Fifa to learn more about my enemies.

Cool, thanks Noren

Nozdeuce said:
I now have this game in my possession, any tips for a Fifa noob for this century? Midnight mentioned something about using RT to shoot, that seems to make sense given pulling sick moves with the right stick. Any preferred camera angles or other stuff I should know?

play with your be a pro to get his skills up, and do all the star increases, it will make more sense when we chat about it, me peterboy and noren stumble upon it last night when peterboy was looking through the game.

NoRéN said:
I'm in now way great but, here are some tips:

Make use of angles. Don't just run at the keeper and shoot. Come at him from the sides. Use RB for a controlled shoot.

If you get a 1v1 with the keeper, call slow down and call a teamate with LB. Hopefully the teammate can catch up. Lure the keeper toward you and once he's close, pass to the open teammate for a goal.

Hold LT to execute moves. Personally, I find them hard to pull during a game. But, If you can do so, more power to you.

your right, hey i think we need to figure out who can play any, and i think we should stack you up top instead of me you seem to make better runs, i think i would rather go to left mid or center left mid, and i am trying to find a better defence to clog up the middle thats where all there goals were going from

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i sent you an invite go to your view player hub, just like hockey, and join up hope to play tonight
I'll throw it in when I get home and figure out everything from there.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, I got FIFA you fuckers. How do I make goal?
Don't use your hands.

Hardyboy1224 said:
play with your be a pro to get his skills up, and do all the star increases, it will make more sense when we chat about it, me peterboy and noren stumble upon it last night when peterboy was looking through the game.
I hear and obey, I got up to unlocking level 5 tricks earlier.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I hear and obey, I got up to unlocking level 5 tricks earlier.

I started playing to Be a Pro season with my virtual pro. that's really helping with the stats.

Some simple stat increases in the Arena:

Juggle the ball, then flick the left stick in any direction, Score off the volley.

Score with a controlled shot(shoot while holding RB)

Marvie_3

Banned
What camera angle do you guys recommend for club play? That default camera is way too far out for me to see anything.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
What camera angle do you guys recommend for club play? That default camera is way too far out for me to see anything.

Damn, i haven't even bothered to test out any other camera angle. The default does take some getting used to.

Just keep in mind that in club play, you'll want to keep a look out to see where your other teamates are at on the pitch.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Damn, i haven't even bothered to test out any other camera angle. The default does take some getting used to.

Just keep in mind that in club play, you'll want to keep a look out to see where your other teamates are at on the pitch.
Yeah, but I don't need to see the WHOLE pitch I don't think. I'm not going to be making too many full length passes.

play a head to head game and see how that feels, i like it better when you are useing everyone. hey maybe you can be the any guy, if you like that camera angle better

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
play a head to head game and see how that feels, i like it better when you are useing everyone. hey maybe you can be the any guy, if you like that camera angle better
I'll give that a shot.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
I'll give that a shot.

It would help alot. Let us know how that camera angle goes.

Also, you can use your Virtual pro in manager, exhibition and Be a Pro mode. I just unlocked some celebrations. :D

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
how do you do a celebration?

When you score(the list can be viewed in the pause menu > controls > celebrations) press a button (a,b,x,y) for basic running celebrations. There are some standing celebrations that make the camera zoom in on you. There's quite a few. Very fun to do! everything from Blowing kisses to the crowd to backflips.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
When you score(the list can be viewed in the pause menu > controls > celebrations) press a button (a,b,x,y) for basic running celebrations. There are some standing celebrations that make the camera zoom in on you. There's quite a few. Very fun to do! everything from Blowing kisses to the crowd to backflips.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of my favorites are the acrobatics. Pretty much cartwheels to backflips, etc. And you have to press A button to land the move or else the player falls flat on his ass.

The running celebrations are fun since you can keep moving. Nothin like scoring and doing the fist pump while running around the keeper you just scored on.

Hardyboy, some of the celebrations I unlocked are some of the ones people were pulling on us online....those bastards.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
What's your gamertag so I can add you on XBL?

Edit: Nevermind. I found you on Hardyboy's list.

If I'm ever not on xbox live, pm me here. Or just post on the thread.

Saw you on, but you were playing NHL.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
If I'm ever not on xbox live, pm me here. Or just post on the thread.

Saw you on, but you were playing NHL.
Feel free to shoot me a message if you see me on. Unless we're playing club games on NHL, I wouldn't have a problem switching to FIFA.

Nozdeuce

For those like me with an overall grasp of what's going on, but dunno who/what/when/where/why a finesse shot is. You can download a portion of the Prima guide for free here. It seems to be pretty helpful, explaining things like how to do a finesse shot (duh rb) but also when and what specific situations to do one.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
For those like me with an overall grasp of what's going on, but dunno who/what/when/where/why a finesse shot is. You can download a portion of the Prima guide for free here. It seems to be pretty helpful, explaining things like how to do a finesse shot (duh rb) but also when and what specific situations to do one.

A finesse shot is a controlled shot. The player kicks the ball with the inside of the foot. Less power but greater accuracy. Also, it adds some bend. Very useful guide. thanks!

Right back at you, Marvie. And yeah, you were playing a club game.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
A finesse shot is a controlled shot. The player kicks the ball with the inside of the foot. Less power but greater accuracy. Also, it adds some bend. Very useful guide. thanks!

Right back at you, Marvie. And yeah, you were playing a club game.
With NHL, it says "playing online" for every online game type. I was probably playing OTP.

NoRéN

Alright, so I unlocked all the Pro celebrations. Real fun stuff.

Couple of things I discovered while playing the Be a Pro season:

I decided to play as a forward after hardy boy suggested it(I think). Well, whatever position you chose, only the prominent abilities associated with that position will improve. All others will suffer. Ex. I chose forward. Which meansm shooting skills, stamina, accelerations will improve. However, defense skills deteriorated alot!

On the Be a Pro menu screen, while going to you next match, pressing the right stick will enable you to control ALL players. basically, you will play as the ANY player.

man i will be on someday, had a bad weekend. dude sounds like you guys are getting into the game which i like to hear. hey noren i dont know if you said this yet or not but is be a pro season offline the only way to get your skill levels up for your be a pro? and does it all carry over for online? so does that mean you can play 2 different be a pro seasons one forward one defence to keep up both skills?

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
man i will be on someday, had a bad weekend. dude sounds like you guys are getting into the game which i like to hear. hey noren i dont know if you said this yet or not but is be a pro season offline the only way to get your skill levels up for your be a pro? and does it all carry over for online? so does that mean you can play 2 different be a pro seasons one forward one defence to keep up both skills?

No problem. I had kind of forgotten that it was Valentine's Day weekend so I made the most of it and spent some time with the lady(watched Zombieland :D )

The Be a Pro season isn't the only way to boost your Pro's stats. When you edit your Pro, chose the team you would like him to be in. Then, chose that team in Exhibition, Manager, or Be a Pro season. The stats do seem to carry over from all modes. Unlock an achievement in a Be A Pro season, that achievement will now be unlocked in your Be a Pro achievements book.

I started playing the Be a Pro season just to check it out. It's a consistent way to play matches since the matches are all scheduled for you. The season consists of this: You start as a reserve. Your goal is to improve >>>make the first team >>> get a call up for the National team>>> make the starting 11 both for club AND country >>> make captain
Once you are captain, you can manage the team(formations, who plays where, etc). From there, feel free to change your position any time( forward one week, defense the next).

I am a bit addicted to this mode at the moment but I think that a smart way to unlock achievements and boost your Pros stats is: Play an exhibition match with your pro. As your opponent, chose a REALLY REALLY WEAK team. 1 or 2 stars. Use skills, lots of passes, take lots of shots.

NoRéN said:
No problem. I had kind of forgotten that it was Valentine's Day weekend so I made the most of it and spent some time with the lady(watched Zombieland :D )

The Be a Pro season isn't the only way to boost your Pro's stats. When you edit your Pro, chose the team you would like him to be in. Then, chose that team in Exhibition, Manager, or Be a Pro season. The stats do seem to carry over from all modes. Unlock an achievement in a Be A Pro season, that achievement will now be unlocked in your Be a Pro achievements book.

I started playing the Be a Pro season just to check it out. It's a consistent way to play matches since the matches are all scheduled for you. The season consists of this: You start as a reserve. Your goal is to improve >>>make the first team >>> get a call up for the National team>>> make the starting 11 both for club AND country >>> make captain
Once you are captain, you can manage the team(formations, who plays where, etc). From there, feel free to change your position any time( forward one week, defense the next).

I am a bit addicted to this mode at the moment but I think that a smart way to unlock achievements and boost your Pros stats is: Play an exhibition match with your pro. As your opponent, chose a REALLY REALLY WEAK team. 1 or 2 stars. Use skills, lots of passes, take lots of shots.

well if that works then i will try it. i need to play i am feeling like i need to inject my arm with fifa. has anyone else i have sent the invite to joined yet, wee need more club memebers, hey noren if you know anyone, even there not neogaffer's let me know if we had 10 to 15 dudes we would be better and get in more games.

hey do you think it is easier to play with 3 guys or 5? and has anyone gotten high enough to play the any guy? i have the next 2 days off (th/fr) and we need to get down on some gameing.

PBY

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
hey do you think it is easier to play with 3 guys or 5? and has anyone gotten high enough to play the any guy? i have the next 2 days off (th/fr) and we need to get down on some gameing.
my thursday suuuucks, but i have no class friday- im down for a fifa marathon

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm sick. So I may go home early today. But Thurs and Fri are both bad for me during the afternoon--meetings all day. =(
Serves you right. That's what you get for watching figure skating.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Serves you right. That's what you get for watching figure skating.

:lol

Well, I've bumped my Pro's stats to about high 70s for shooting and passing. The low defense stat is killing mebut my overall is 76-77, i think.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
:lol

Well, I've bumped my Pro's stats to about high 70s for shooting and passing. The low defense stat is killing mebut my overall is 76-77, i think.
So can your stats actually decrease?

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
So can your stats actually decrease?

Yeah, as I mentioned before, whatever position you chose for your Pro, the stats associated with that position will increase.

Ex. Forward= Shooting ^ Passing ^ Physicality ^ Speed ^

However, as a forward you won't be in the defense, you have many chances to make goal line clears or get in the way of many shots on goal so, Defense stats will decrease.

However, once you make captain on Be a Pro, you can enter Team Management and change formations and line ups so, place youself on defense, or alternate positions.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Yeah, as I mentioned before, whatever position you chose for your Pro, the stats associated with that position will increase.

Ex. Forward= Shooting ^ Passing ^ Physicality ^ Speed ^

However, as a forward you won't be in the defense, you have many chances to make goal line clears or get in the way of many shots on goal so, Defense stats will decrease.

However, once you make captain on Be a Pro, you can enter Team Management and change formations and line ups so, place youself on defense, or alternate positions.
Well I'm screwed. I suck so bad at this game. ALL of my stats are going to decrease. :lol

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Well I'm screwed. I suck so bad at this game. ALL of my stats are going to decrease. :lol

:lol What position, game mode are you playing?

Just be playing the Be a pro and reaching certain milestones(games played) you'll get stat increases.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
:lol What position, game mode are you playing?

Just be playing the Be a pro and reaching certain milestones(games played) you'll get stat increases.
I've only played a couple games. Are they permanent decreases? Or just for that game? I'm not quite sure how the system works on FIFA yet.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
I've only played a couple games. Are they permanent decreases? Or just for that game? I'm not quite sure how the system works on FIFA yet.

They do seem to be permanent. Whatever stat increases you get, whether it's from playing in BaP or Manager mode or a quick game, are then reflected in you Virtual pro stats.

Top Bottom