• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Pachimari

Isn't it possible to buy B-team players, like Real Madrid Castilla ones? I keep seeing 3 different players from the team and that's it.

I would like to see José Rodriguez, Aléx, Fabinho and the likes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Isn't it possible to buy B-team players, like Real Madrid Castilla ones? I keep seeing 3 different players from the team and that's it.

I think you have to search for silver players to get that to work. I know I wanted Quintero from Pescara and I couldn't find him until I selected silver players

---lol I just realized this was moved to community.

Try searching for their team in auction search. That squad should be in Liga Adelante.

I finally bought the game and joined the club! Been 3 years since I last played a console Fifa game. Everything is so different. There is even a level system!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hmm, just had my first definite goal not given by the game. Shot hit the crossbar and bounced over the line and back out. The ball was a clear half foot over the line. Wonder if they have the game get some decisions wrong to make it more 'realistic'.

FINALLY! Won first Division and the Gold Cup yesterday :)

After floating between 1st and 2nd division for weeks, using different teams, building up coins and buying packs..I got Neuer and went full Bundesliga squad non-stop and won the division and cup :)
fgmTw.png

Nobody is incredibly fast, nor amazing (well Neuer has been a wall!) But with alot of chemistry it all came together :)

dalVlatko

I choke in the final of the gold cup every time

some times i forget to use fitness cards, sometimes I can't string together two passes, sometimes the gk saves every thing I throw at him

I choke in the final of the gold cup every time

some times i forget to use fitness cards, sometimes I can't string together two passes, sometimes the gk saves every thing I throw at him

I was worried. Me and my opponent went into halftime tied 1-1, then in the second half I came out and scored 2 scores really fast.
He sat the controller down I guess for the next 30min on the second half and didnt play...I hate when people do that :/

My big move is the cross. I dont have the speed and such of many teams so with Gomez having 84 Heading and Lewandowski 82 I usually use Shaqiri or Schurrel 88/87 speed to run down the sides and create crosses.
Gomez has got 37 goals in 57 games, mostly headers and Lewandowski has 23 in 44 games.

Same with my other main squad
ORics.png

Eddie Johnson has 30 goals in 49 games and Altidore 18 in 22...mostly headers.

I dont have the speed/dribble skills to create many chances over the top or through defenders like many teams do, but by doing the same thing I do with my Bundesliga squad Ive been able to send Donovan rf Dempsey down the sides and create great crosses

Especially with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation I use most missed chances usually end up with my CAM or CDM for second chances.

Also, heres my new team made of players pulled from packs :) I used all my Serie A players and this is what I came up with. Yes I know, its 5 at the back..but I think it might be my best option for the postions I have + players who already perfer the formation.
e6aeg.png

vOPRU.png

not sure what changes I might need to make just yet, I know I wanted to put Palacio into the starting 11 but his postion didnt seem to fit well with any formations that worked with what I had.

brentech

Just faced someone in UT that had a 4 man D that was all bronze, and then all his front were fast gold Brazil players along with the the goalie. Thinking he was trying to drag his star rating down.
Beat him 2-1 with my MLS team that has like 2 gold guys and only like 2 guys with an over 80 pace.

Felt good man.

and fuck, still have not got a Team of the Week player and I've had the game since launch. Ridiculous.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's bullshit. I'm getting freaking bronze and silver shit in my gamestop preorder packs.

It's EA so I shouldn't be surprised but still. Got a few new games on BF so I don't have time to play this right now anyway.

Just faced someone in UT that had a 4 man D that was all bronze, and then all his front were fast gold Brazil players along with the the goalie. Thinking he was trying to drag his star rating down.
Beat him 2-1 with my MLS team that has like 2 gold guys and only like 2 guys with an over 80 pace.

Felt good man.

and fuck, still have not got a Team of the Week player and I've had the game since launch. Ridiculous.

Seems like the magic number in terms of rating that will effect you is 77.

Any time I face a 77 rated team my guys shit the bed...

I'm gonna put this game away for a few days.

I got relegated to division two with the same team that almost won the div1 title twice in a row. I lose 2-3 matches in a row and the defense is pure shit, players making stupid shit mistakes that I have no control of as I cannot play all the players simultaneously...everyone had full fitness and I applied the Gold Team Morale card and still the defense played like amateurs.

And the match that was deciding wether I'm staying or getting relegated felt so scripted/staged. Last shot hits the bar then bounces into the other side of the goal and rolls in the goalies direction, goalie throws ball away, game over.

Very frustrating when the own CPU/AI plays like amateurs and you cant control it.

brentech

Finally got a TOTW player. That took way too long. I just finished an offline Div1 championship, so I had a free gold pack, and then enough coins saved up for 2 gold packs as well. Got it on my first purchased pack...

R. Lewandowski

Pretty good one for the first.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Lewa's pace is nerfed in FIFA. I love Dortmund so I have a few of their players. I'll probably buy Reus next.

Seriously though who decides on the FIFA ratings for each player's attributes?

Traded this away and picked up Far Cry 3 instead. Really disappointed in this year's version, mainly because last year's restored a lot of faith in EA Sports. This year's is lazy, unrefined and lacking 'something'. I have little faith that the online issues will be fixed, or that gameplay balances will be put into place.

Reluctant to jump into FIFA 14.

brentech

Traded this away and picked up Far Cry 3 instead. Really disappointed in this year's version, mainly because last year's restored a lot of faith in EA Sports. This year's is lazy, unrefined and lacking 'something'. I have little faith that the online issues will be fixed, or that gameplay balances will be put into place.

i have the complete opposite feeling. Got Fifa 12 and traded back in the same week. Hated it. Fifa 13 just feels right again.

-Stranger-

Any tips for defending and what's a good formation to use for Arsenal?
The opposition is scoring way to easily against me, my record so far is 5 wins 60 losses =P
FIFA 12 was my first game from the series, so I'm kinda new.

Any tips for defending and what's a good formation to use for Arsenal?
The opposition is scoring way to easily against me, my record so far is 5 wins 60 losses =P
FIFA 12 was my first game from the series, so I'm kinda new.

Online or offline?

Im terrible vs. The AI

Online I can defend, offline I just cant play vs. the AI once it gets world class difficulty :/

-Stranger-

Online or offline?

Im terrible vs. The AI

Online I can defend, offline I just cant play vs. the AI once it gets world class difficulty :/

Online, i haven't actually tried playing against the AI in Fifa 13 yet.
I used to struggle against the AI even on Professional in Fifa 12 though...

How do i mark men ?

Mascot

That's not a bad idea. I always boot up with high expectations but invariably end up screaming at the TV. Getting fibre next week so I'll see if that improves the online experience. If not, it's goodbye FIFA.

Linius

That's not a bad idea. I always boot up with high expectations but invariably end up screaming at the TV. Getting fibre next week so I'll see if that improves the online experience. If not, it's goodbye FIFA.

Why not have both? FIFA is just the perfect game to play in between releases whole year long.

I'm really making progress in seasons at the moment. Started division four with three wins and an unlucky loss. CSKA Moscow is just so much fun to play with. Great matches against clubs like Anzhi, Spartak Moscow, WBA, QPR and many more.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Who wants to play against me online? I wanna beat someone.

GT: Dr Eggman

ledman

4 straight matches with PSG on Seasons against players using Manhchester City, 2 in the rain, 2-0-2.
Kompany is a man or a monster? and why it always rains?

Mascot

Why not have both? FIFA is just the perfect game to play in between releases whole year long.

Well, I play games for fun and relaxation, and FIFA currently gives me neither. I'm constantly at the shitty end of the connection and all of its associated handicaps (primarily input lag/sluggish controls). How much of this is down to my current internet I guess I'll find out next week when fibre goes live.

If fibre gives me online controls consistently as responsive as the offline experience (which I currently get in maybe one in twenty matches) then I'll probably play little else. When FIFA is good, it's peerless, but when it's bad there's nothing worse.

Linius

Well, I play games for fun and relaxation, and FIFA currently gives me neither. I'm constantly at the shitty end of the connection and all of its associated handicaps (primarily input lag/sluggish controls). How much of this is down to my current internet I guess I'll find out next week when fibre goes live.

If fibre gives me online controls consistently as responsive as the offline experience (which I currently get in maybe one in twenty matches) then I'll probably play little else. When FIFA is good, it's peerless, but when it's bad there's nothing worse.

I get that. I had my fair share of shitty online experiences. But since my NAT is open and my fibre connection was good to go I had no more trouble with FIFA. Smooth matchmaking en no more lag :D

@Eggman // You can always join the next 360 tourney here ;)

Mascot

I get that. I had my fair share of shitty online experiences. But since my NAT is open and my fibre connection was good to go I had no more trouble with FIFA. Smooth matchmaking en no more lag.
That's encouraging to hear. I've got my fingers crossed for some big improvements.

sneaky77

How do these cup games work? Everytime I see some sort of countdown in days but I still don't know how it actually works :p

same way.. when the cup opens it shows play cup game under the play league game option, and it creates some sort of playoff bracket.. if you win 4 or 5 in a row you win the cup

I think the cups are open every other weekend. I usually use them to get some real competition with a new formation, or team I may want to start using. Or to just fuck around with a 5 star team.

Seasons is getting fun now because I'm starting to play 4.5 star teams as Aston Villa. I hope I can maintain my title streak.

Back to UT and it's still a meh experience especially since there has to be some sort of momentum, as my AI acts stupid every few games and it happens also vice versa, I get goals and through balls that I should not.

Playing seasons right now and it's much more fun except I'm playing against Brazil 99% of the time does this change in the higher div's?

Check out matchmaking settings. There is a way to only face club teams if you're playing as a club team, and vice versa.

I hope not. I got promoted to division three yesterday, haven't played a game yet.

Also, after more than 120 matches I'm still at 0% DNF, I'm no quitter :D

Yea, I have one win and three draws right now. It isn't that it is particularly difficult, it just isn't a fun way to play the game.

Linius

Check out matchmaking settings. There is a way to only face club teams if you're playing as a club team, and vice versa.

Whoa, I didn't know that. I hate playing national teams, I just want club vs. club. Also, yesterday I played CSKA vs. CSKA. Hope that will never happen again.

Robso

Has anyone began a Manager Mode with a top Premier League side?

Just read that someone was Man Utd, however they weren't in the second round of the Capital One Cup. Now, teams in Europe enter at the third round however Arsenal, Chelsea and City etc were in that second round, just not that guy as Man Utd.

Just wondering if this is yet another Manager Mode bug.

sneaky77

Yea, I have one win and three draws right now. It isn't that it is particularly difficult, it just isn't a fun way to play the game.

yeah I have 2 W 1D 1 L in Div3

Linius

Ugh, bad start in D3. Lost with some bad luck 2-3 in the first match and in the second I lost 1-3 (well deserved, I played poor).

AndresON777

shooting blanks
LOL

It's bullshit like that why I quit fighting games.

FIFA is still great offline with friends and just fucking around is cool but if you worry about getting promoted and shit you will become crazy like Fry8

The best games are at lower divisions, now everyone runs a 3-5-2 with basically 8 defenders.

Every team you can expect to see David Luiz or Ogbonna in the back ready to run you down, as well as two track stars up front which through lobs seem to have 0 effect when it comes to 1st touch.

Theres little passing since facing a full team of 85+ pace means every lane is closed in seconds and everytime you touch the ball you have 2-3 sonic the hedgehogs up your ass ready to magically "poke" the ball away.

No scripting too...yeah right. Play with manual shooting on, almost every deflected shot will bounce in a way unlike assisted shots which magically end up at a players foot. Funny how tackles, deflected shots etc.. always seem to "find" a person, be it you or the opponent. No balls seem to take random paths but instead "find" people like they are magnetic.

Heres my new plan...lose, lose, lose...
Enter match in higher division, play for a few seconds with my crappy team, exit game and take the loss. Do this over and over again till you get relegated to a much lower division with a classy people.
You can earn a boatload of coins and play people who use "diffeent" teams rather then the go to BPL/Serie A/Brazilian Pace squads.

Top Bottom