• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

sneaky77

Ever since yesterday's patch (360) I can't play online. The connection is lost before the other player even appears in the team selection screen.

Anyone else?

I had that off an on.. most of the time solved by going to dashboard and restarting the game. A couple of times I just had to give up.

So Patch was last night.. and now the seasons games feels like they are much faster speed and more pressure than before and the physics were funky.. wtf they did fuck up?

So I fucked up on my ultimate team by letting a friend mess about on it , He went bat shit crazy and sold players!! I'm now stuck with a team of 11 players and 3 subs!! But no coins left!?! So now I can't play matches. Do I have to buy more packs or can I erase my team and make a new one??

You can delete it, its on the far right tab at the bottom corner. Depending on how good your team is that may not be the best option. You could easily sell 2 or 3 gold players for 300c minimum and then buy 2 bronze packs to make up the player deficit and possibly make a profit too.

You can delete it, its on the far right tab at the bottom corner. Depending on how good your team is that may not be the best option. You could easily sell 2 or 3 gold players for 300c minimum and then buy 2 bronze packs to make up the player deficit and possibly make a profit too.
Thanks mate I'll give it a whirl

gamma

I believe this game is straight from hell, it must be. The amount of pure anger and rage it causes is incredible.

I've been playing a lot of Seasons games and having fun.

Not really getting mad at it, because I'm losing consistently because of my lack of skill - doesn't feel like I'm being cheated really.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I believe this game is straight from hell, it must be. The amount of pure anger and rage it causes is incredible.

Yep. I think it's because it's pretty much one of the few games where it's all or nothing. Even if I lose in Halo I can still rack up some nice stats but football is a cruel game lol

Pachimari

Urgent question. I got 183 coins but 8 of my players contracts have expired. What is the best way to get player contracts? I got 2 players in my trade tile. =/

An I also the only one having invisible balls in every single Seasons match after the huge update?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
How do you make your guys steam in and just smash through attackers? A lot of teams do this to me, as soon as I get the ball they just nick it off me before I even control it. The worst is when my guy is turning around in tight circles using LT or LB and the opponent is RUNNING AROUND MY PLAYER FASTER THAN I CAN TURN AROUND!!!

How do you do that? I can't even imagine what buttons to press to make my defenders press and tackle like that.

Other defenders intercept as well, mine don't. Mine get close enough that they stick a leg out but let the ball past or they stretched so far to get the ball that they stand there for 3 seconds so the attacker gets it back. My players don't even bother marking, so even if I mark one option the other guys are open or the dribbler is left to dribble all the way.

My defenders stand off and can't even get close. Holding contain actually makes my defenders let them through because all it takes to get past my contain is a shimmy or a dummy. It's got to the stage where holding contain is actually hindering my defending because a lot of the time my defender will step up and square up as soon as I press A and by then the attacker has run past him. That's the fucking opposite of contain ffs!

I'm finding it ridiculously hard to defend right now in UT. Feels like something is broken with my game!

I was fine with tactical defending last year so this is really annoying me.

Im no expert, in fact ill be the first to say I suck at FIFA, but I never really do the defending so to say.

9 out of 10the times I switch to a CDM and try to intercept passes while holding the L1. Sometimes Ill help out, turn it into a double team, but usually the AI does all the defending.
I think also it depends of Def. stat of player. I used on of those +15 defend cards and my CB was poke every ball away and was a wall.

Pachimari

I sold Carvalho so I could get some player contracts and bought Joaquin also.

Chema
Joel - Silva - Varane - Nacho
Joaquin - Javi Garcia - Adrien - Callejon
Rodrigo - Nolito

Draconian

I know it's probably been said before, but the faces in this game are still freaking atrocious. Ronaldo looks nothing close to what he actually looks like.

W Hudson

Just recently started Ultimate Team, quick question on coaches. If I buy a head coach for something like +10% shooting, does that effect only kick in if I buy a player enhancement card? If so, seems like a waste of coins.

Eldon

Just recently started Ultimate Team, quick question on coaches. If I buy a head coach for something like +10% shooting, does that effect only kick in if I buy a player enhancement card? If so, seems like a waste of coins.

Yeah, it's a waste.

ibiCqlVO5qrFPj.gif

I am glad this happened to me when I was 4-0 up or I would have raged so fucking hard!

enderep12

Neo Member
It happens in basically EVERY game to me, that at least ONCE the keeper saves a ball on the line.

EVERY. FREAKING. GAME.

Either after a lob/chip or after another fuck up where my player just had to put his foot in the right place to score and somehow still doesn't manage to get enough speed in the ball...

Not to mention the countless 'opponent has 3 attempts with 3 goals' vs 'I have 26 attempts (including the saves on the line + several shots hitting the bar/post) and 1 goal'

Missed the god damn Div 1 win about 4 times with 1 point left... Always happens at the end of the season...

sneaky77

i think I am getting to the point of done with this yr.. I am not sure what the patch changed but there's definitely more non stop pressure all game long now against everyone I play again.

Heres how my last few games are going...

Me) 20+ shots on goal (Headers, tons from the 18, a few in the box etc..)
Opponent) Under 5 shots, more goals then me...all from straight up pace then my keeper screwing up.

Seriously, Gomez, Mata, Young, Rameierezs, Leundowski, Hernandez etc.. none can score on a shot, every goal has to some sort of rebound or trickery. Every keeper is a WALL.

These arent even high profile keepers stopping me, sometimes just sub par guys my guys cant blast shit through :/

I dont know...I spent almost all my coins and FIFA points on packs of cards. My whole team is a mix and match of lucky openings. Plus like I said earlier, I have about 400 players, making my "supposed" team value almost 70mil...

It might be time to sell all these guys off, keep my quality 8-10 players, and build a kick ass squad.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I never play more than like 4 or 5 games per session so I don't see a lot of momentum tbh.

But yeah bro you have too many players.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Struggling to get into UT this time around, playing tournaments feels like a grind :( I've played a lot of Clubs though, really enjoying it!

I've got the game on 360/PS3/PC, bought it for Vita on day 1 but was disappointed to load up FIFA Football with updated squads.... Hopefully next year they'll have some Vita/PS3 crossover.

Here's my current team anyway

pitch-312410.png

Seasons is great and horrible.

It seems everyone plays as dortmund. Sick of playing them now.
And i'm sick of playing against auto controls, way too easy for them to score.

Though it's super satisfying when you dominate a non manual player.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Struggling to get into UT this time around, playing tournaments feels like a grind :( I've played a lot of Clubs though, really enjoying it!

I've got the game on 360/PS3/PC, bought it for Vita on day 1 but was disappointed to load up FIFA Football with updated squads.... Hopefully next year they'll have some Vita/PS3 crossover.

http://www.futwiz.com/images/shared-squads/pitch-312410.png?449637[img][/QUOTE]

lol that team is ridiculous how much did it cost?

My team is decent I just want to add Reus

Elfish

pitch-312410.png

You bought it 4 times? Damn man :) May I ask why?
I only have the PS3 version.

Btw great squad.
These are my teams.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#eS5gZQaSnH81Z:ps3
http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jMAgPSQEnH811:ps3

What is the best way to earn lots of coins?
I play seasons offline mostly or tournaments.
I'm still struggling online.
Can't keep a winningstreak on, it's so random at the moment.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
You bought it 4 times? Damn man :) May I ask why?
I only have the PS3 version.

Btw great squad.
These are my teams.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#eS5gZQaSnH81Z:ps3
http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jMAgPSQEnH811:ps3

What is the best way to earn lots of coins?
I play seasons offline mostly or tournaments.
I'm still struggling online.
Can't keep a winningstreak on, it's so random at the moment.

360 - my main console and pro club (made top 10 on the leaderboards before a few went inactive to play halo/cod)
PS3 - most of my mates play on PS3!
PC - To play on my laptop while I'm at the inlaws

Sold the Vita version the day after I bought it :(

Robso

Have been desperate to start a Career Mode except, I just can't beat the CPU. Have been playing just exhibition mode to warm up for a Career but the CPU is just too good. It barely makes a bad pass.
Playing on World Class as I don't find Professional a good enough challenge.

So, any tips? Any slider changes? Have tried changing the slider settings but I still get outplayed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Previous years I had it on both 360 and PS3....both systems the game would stutter on. I didn't have Fifa 12, but this year I only have it on PS3 and I haven't had any problems. It plays really well.

yeah I've had it on both systems before and its usually good but if the other person has a shit connection it wont work regardless of console.

cable internet master race here, lol

brentech

yeah I've had it on both systems before and its usually good but if the other person has a shit connection it wont work regardless of console.

cable internet master race here, lol

I think there was a glitch in the game in previous iterations. Even offline you would get that occasional second where everything on screen freezes and you just had to hold your controller in the same direction and hope you weren't in the process of passing/shooting.

Was in every version from Fifa World Cup/Fifa10/Fifa11. Glad it's finally gone. May have fixed it last year, but again, didn't play it.

Razgreez

I think there was a glitch in the game in previous iterations. Even offline you would get that occasional second where everything on screen freezes and you just had to hold your controller in the same direction and hope you weren't in the process of passing/shooting.

Was in every version from Fifa World Cup/Fifa10/Fifa11. Glad it's finally gone. May have fixed it last year, but again, didn't play it.

The stuttering just started happening again for me in Fifa13 - used to happen in 10 and 11 for me as well. Starts with the crowd chants and eventually the game play stutters intermittent for about a minute and then seems to clear up. The crowd chants continue to stutter though

Ridiculous that this is still happening and only started happening to me in the last few days after the latest patch. Been searching online and many are saying it might be a HDD issue as in fifa is corrupting their HDDs. A few have replaced theirs and had the problem dissipate however, this does not seem like fix but rather a bandaid since the game could potentially do the same to the new HDD eventually

brentech

The stuttering just started happening again for me in Fifa13 - used to happen in 10 and 11 for me as well. Starts with the crowd chants and eventually the game play stutters intermittent for about a minute and then seems to clear up. The crowd chants continue to stutter though

Ridiculous that this is still happening and only started happening to me in the last few days after the latest patch. Been searching online and many are saying it might be a HDD issue as in fifa is corrupting their HDDs. A few have replaced theirs and had the problem dissipate however, this does not seem like fix but rather a bandaid since the game could potentially do the same to the new HDD eventually

That sounds like something different altogether. It never lasted for a minute or kept doing it over the course of a single minute. Just once or twice a game it would stutter for a fraction of a second.
That sound's like actual HDD problems.

enderep12

Neo Member
Online is so damn smooth on the PC. I dont know about u guys but i always had problems on the PS3. but here... it's awesome.

if anyone wants to play a match or two on PC, hit me up on origin. Same ID as in the forums here!

Desperately looking for someone on my f-list who plays FIFA 13... ;)

Top Bottom