• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight Club screens...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
919413_20040803_screen001.jpg

919413_20040803_screen002.jpg

919413_20040803_screen003.jpg

919414_20040803_screen001.jpg

919414_20040803_screen002.jpg

border

It looks like Bum Fights: The Game. Oh shit, this just totally rules =) When's the street date on this hot game?

fightclub.jpg

This game was actually decently decent at E3. You break bones during matches and can't use that appendage. They show the replays with the skeletal structures, just to show the impact. And, if you don't go to the hospital after a few fights, your characters dies. Plus the fighting seemed pretty smooth. It could be not-as-terribly-awful as most people would think.

Volt

Gek54 said:
I hope they are not trying to call the bartender, 'Lou'.

Hmmnope, they're calling him Irvine, which is also the name of the character in the movie (not sure about the novel, but it's based on the movie anyway).
Other than that : I hate this game with a passion, what is the target audience for this ??

worldrunover said:
This game was actually decently decent at E3. You break bones during matches and can't use that appendage. They show the replays with the skeletal structures, just to show the impact. And, if you don't go to the hospital after a few fights, your characters dies. Plus the fighting seemed pretty smooth. It could be not-as-terribly-awful as most people would think.

Don't agree but it hardly matters. Def Jam Vendetta 2 will crush any chance of success this might have had... Further proof (as if any is needed) that if you are going to develop world class fighting games, stick with Japan - at least EA understands this.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I thought it blew at E3, and I think it's possibly one of the worst licenses for a game.

Fight Club was about how the fighting was WRONG, god dammit. You were supposed to pity the space monkeys, not want to be one. The movie was about almost everything but the actual fighting.

Irving is also wearing shirt...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The E3 build was alright, but no great shakes. It certainly didn't bring enough new to the table to compete with Tekken 3, let alone any of the present-gen fighters. The fighting system is "borrowed" from Tekken (might as well go with the best!), bloodying up the opponent is neat, the X-ray bonebreaks are cool to watch, but it felt VERY stiff. Very much a "me-too" fighter, I don't know why it's being made. Weird licensing.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
A true Fight Club game would be a sort of objective-based game revolving around missions of social anarchy. I'd love rigging up a Starbucks to explode, instead I get a boxing sim with a forced franchise on top of it...

mrmyth

919413_20040817_screen009.jpg

"Why?? Why make this game and put me in it?? Why??

BP1C9.jpg

"You're fucking kidding! They did not make a Fight Club game!"

14.jpg

"They made a fucking Fight Club game."

8.jpg

"You did this! You faker! You're ruining everything!"

fightclub.jpg

"Slide."

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i actually thought the e3 build showed a lot of promise. if it was as early as it appeared (and the guy said it was), then the grappling system should be pretty damn cool (think tobal), and the actual hand to hand wasnt too bad...

basically, it looked pretty good, played decent, but had a lot of cool factor with the blood, bone breaks, and just painful looking fighting. reminds me of the UFC games actually.

Rhage

I think that's probably everyone's first thought when they see that screenshot.

wtf? Wolverine wasn't in Fight Club.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
GDJustin said:
I thought it blew at E3, and I think it's possibly one of the worst licenses for a game.

Fight Club was about how the fighting was WRONG, god dammit. You were supposed to pity the space monkeys, not want to be one. The movie was about almost everything but the actual fighting.

Irving is also wearing shirt...

True

Some dude in the forum said:
I am Jack's complete lack of interest.

True

Top Bottom