• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

I usually prefer this, but some English VAs are pretty good, would be hard to hear a none Laura Bailey Chun, hyped Mika is pretty good too, and I really miss I-No's English VA.

Yeah, I definitely think the VA in fighters has stepped up recently. I keep all my SF on Japanese, but I don't mind most of the english. It's mostly just because it's what I'm used to hearing.

Cammy is really good in SF4/SF5 for English VA.

It was a trip for me at Evo...two years ago? When that super good Bang player was playing and I heard his English VA for the first time since the game came out. It was pretty funny. DASHING AWAY!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
glBgBEb.gif

jerky is the best
15f mid, -6 on guard, like 45% on half the cast

The Light

You guys are killing me right now. Reading those replies in preference of jp voice acting was like being forced to drink poison.

Here let me provide an antidote to cleanse your eyes: http://streammeblog.com/kombat-cup/

I'm just playing I don't mind if people prefer jp voice actors to english ones. Snk engrish the best. Personally I ignore any voice acting that goes on during gameplay. Only one I can think of that is too distracting is hearing "psycho ball! "over and over again.

shaowebb

You guys are killing me right now. Reading those replies in preference of jp voice acting was like being forced to drink poison.

Here let me provide an antidote to cleanse your eyes: http://streammeblog.com/kombat-cup/

I'm just playing I don't mind if people prefer jp voice actors to english ones. Snk engrish the best. Personally I ignore any voice acting that goes on during gameplay. Only one I can think of that is too distracting is hearing "psycho ball! "over and over again.

True. But never forget UMVC3 Nova..."Ya Like Ya Like Ya Like YA LIIIIIIIKE"

*shudder*

Too much man. Too much.

Village

Guile, Cammy, and Akuma always have to be in japanese. Nothing else really matters voicewise to me. Tekken is good about having characters speak different languages. I like that too.

Guile and Cammy? NAh?

Cammy's Voice actress is nice

and Guile's is travis William husband of laura bailey and awesome voice actor man. So I pretend Chun li and Guile are working out marital issues when they fight

Tripon

SCR currently at 629 attendees with 340+ for SFV.

They might actually pass by NCR to not be the smallest premier in Northern America.

I'm getting better at the hitbox. Beat Zelda 1 on it tonight without dying and got a decent time. So I guess I need to learn a fighting game on it now. Which I guess will be Skullgirls since that's what I've got. So, now I gotta learn how to do 360's since I only know Cerebella. I think I have dp's down pretty well from what I tried yesterday.

SCR currently at 629 attendees with 340+ for SFV.

They might actually pass by NCR to not be the smallest premier in Northern America.

Numbers are looking pretty respectable now. Wasn't it around 170 just two weeks ago? I figured their would be a huge surge but I was honestly concerned SCR wouldn't hit 300.

Guile and Cammy? NAh?

Cammy's Voice actress is nice

and Guile's is travis William husband of laura bailey and awesome voice actor man. So I pretend Chun li and Guile are working out marital issues when they fight

Chun's English voice currently is one of the best and worst. I don't know how they did it. Her serious lines are delivered amazingly, the rest like her fight intros are awful. She goes from sounding like a mature serious woman to a 16 year old valley girl.

Guile's GOAT voice is the vs. SNK2 one though. That rendition of "somersault" is forever burned into my brain as being amazing.

miku

Anyone have a link to that interview where Daigo and GO1 talks about fighting games?

Think it was posted here a while ago. Didn't finish reading it and now I can't find it...

Pompadour

Chun's English voice currently is one of the best and worst. I don't know how they did it. Her serious lines are delivered amazingly, the rest like her fight intros are awful. She goes from sounding like a mature serious woman to a 16 year old valley girl.

Guile's GOAT voice is the vs. SNK2 one though. That rendition of "somersault" is forever burned into my brain as being amazing.

I listened to a podcast interview with Laura Bailey and she complained that Capcom wouldn't allow her to make Chun-Li sound older. At least she isn't jumping up and down and flashing the peace sign when she wins in SFV.

Sayad

I listened to a podcast interview with Laura Bailey and she complained that Capcom wouldn't allow her to make Chun-Li sound older. At least she isn't jumping up and down and flashing the peace sign when she wins in SFV.
Yea, not until they introduce intros, win poses and taunts DLCs at least.

Pompadour

Got a link to the podcast? I remember a good one with Bonnie Gordon (R. Mika) and would love to hear others.

No but it was probably the Indoor Kids and I think she was only on once so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Yea, not until they introduce intros, win poses and taunts DLCs at least.

I'm fine with that. We're not even one year in and we are already getting the ridiculous, out of character costumes that the latter days of SF4 featured. Much like Tekken, there isn't a set tone for SFV due in part to the customization.

shaowebb

Looking at MKXL, KI, and Darkstalkers just reminds me how much I love the whole fantasy/sci fi horror aesthetic for fighting game designs and movesets. They really need to do more stuff like that in this industry. The animations in Darkstalkers alone are enough to make me beg for more things like that. Just look at all the crazy shit in an Anakaris, Q bee or Rikuo match. Just fun to see.

Village

That's stupid, but yeah at least that peace sign thing was gone. I know I might get crucified or whatever, but I never felt like that ever fit her character.... ever. The character that they were trying to portray in what story bits they had... wouldn't really do that.

Tripon

That's stupid, but yeah at least that peace sign thing was gone. I know I might get crucified or whatever, but I never felt like that ever fit her character.... ever. The character that they were trying to portray in what story bits they had... wouldn't really do that.
So you are officially against peace?

V for Victory.

How? Q bee has those enormous honey bubbles, and Phobos has beam lasers. I'd say they could handle the space control in that series well enough.

Bit O honey from Q-bee's moveset
Phobos (or Huitzil if you prefer) holding his own

Man this game was stylish.
I just mean that I don't think people would get attached to them like they might for Morrigan. She has something they don't...

Phobos is just another robot - nothing stands out about him.
Bugs are gross. Ew.

Winner Stays On showing off the Halloween content:
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters
Is it just the costumes shown so far, or are there more?

shaowebb

I just mean that I don't think people would get attached to them like they might for Morrigan. She has something they don't...

Phobos is just another robot - nothing stands out about him.
Bugs are gross. Ew.

He probably would need to go up a cup size to get considered then. Still think both would be fantastic.
Huitzil would HAVE to have his Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS outfit as an alt.

hyPP14H.png

Just got my hitbox from hitbox arcade and now time to practice with it. I tried some marvel 2 with it and I can tell it will take a lil bit until I get back to where I was. The jump button is messing me up. Tried a little bit of MSH and I can do the magneto infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom