• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know man the gem system doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for me. I didn't like it in marvel super heroes and I hated it sfxtekken.

the feeling when you are wondering if there are new stages added to the port of umvc3 b/c nobody ever played on anything outside of wonderland and training room

shaowebb

Do remember that we got Combofiend now at Capcom. I'd say that some better sense probably exists this time around concerning property modifiers than when they slammed us with SFxTekken's gem setup.

Course it is marvel... (ominous silence)

shaowebb

If Iron Fist gets new moves and returns I got dibs on Berzerker Slash, EX Thunder Knuckle, and Seismos.

If Necalli dont beat me to em.

Do remember that we got Combofiend now at Capcom. I'd say that some better sense probably exists this time around concerning property modifiers than when they slammed us with SFxTekken's gem setup.

Course it is marvel... (ominous silence)

But back then we were saying this ablut Seth Killian... so who knows what will happen

shaowebb

UMVC3 just downloaded. Magneto has no DLC alt replacement. Just 6 outfits. HH mode doesn't seam to have local offline :(
Looking in training now for hitbox viewer from Vita edition. So far all I see are the card chooser options from HH in there.

eTklTgk.jpg

CO_Andy

The gem system in the original Marvel were more like items in Smash.

Not a fan of Iron Man. Spidey should of taken Wolverine's spot as Marvel's poster boy (i would also settle for Cap).

Dahbomb

Not a fan of Iron Man. Spidey should of taken Wolverine's spot as Marvel's poster boy (i would also settle for Cap).
This is the MCU and Iron Man is their main guy. Of course they were going to lead with Iron Man.

Man Iron Man went from a jabroni in these VS games to the poster boy. The power of the MCU.

phaonaut

If they are letting movie right effect games, spidey is still under sony.

shaowebb

If they are letting movie right effect games, spidey is still under sony.

Since when? Spidey was in Captain America Civil War. He's getting his own Movie, and was a major Disney acquisition. Been awhile since Sony owned him. Thats why we aren't seeing more of the Spidey from the movie with The Lizard.

shaowebb

Sony still have film rights they just made a deal with marvel.

So its just a deal but not a return to ownership? Thats a helluva deal then. They're world building him into the MCU. Maybe the initial was a retainer or something with intentions of taking film profits from homecoming to finalize rights or something. Who knows how hollywood is doin things.

Honestly if it means they have to go with Miles Morales, Spider Gwen, Scarlet Spidey, Silk, Venom, other Venom other other other Venom or whoever its fine by me so long as they update his damn moveset. Poor guy needs something more out there even if he has to steal it from Spencer's playbook.

MrDaravon

Confirmed. All five characters are completely new.

Not a big fan of this to be honest. I don't want all returning characters either, but I think it should be more of a 50/50 balance unless seasons are going to start running every 6 months as opposed to spread out over the entire year (which I doubt?).

Not a big fan of this to be honest. I don't want all returning characters either, but I think it should be more of a 50/50 balance unless seasons are going to start running every 6 months as opposed to spread out over the entire year (which I doubt?).

season 1 was all old characters, balances out imo

Its not like its gonna sell less.

I mean, in the face of low sales, rather than double down on fan favorites, Capcom decides to bring in just Akuma, and then just add five completely new characters. I really consider that to be ballsy, and I love when franchise fighting games like Street Fighter take this kind of risk. That, and I love new characters.

I mean, I loved how Marvel 3 had obscure characters like MODOK, Taskmaster and Firebrand rather than safe fan favorites/returning characters like Cyclops, Venom and Mega Man. Choices like that might not have been entirely in Capcom's hands, but I still really like Marvel 3's diverse roster. Hopefully MvC Infinite has that same diversity.

MrDaravon

season 1 was all old characters, balances out imo

Sure, but I wanted a better mix of new characters in season 1 as well. I mean at the very end it maybe balances out, but it'd be nice to not have to wait until the end of every other year for that to happen lol. My main is already in the game so I'm not hurting for a specific character or anything, but having at least a couple of fan favorites returning I feel does a lot to build up hype, even if having all new characters is potentially more interesting for the game itself. It's kind of weird in this case that they're doing this given that you think they'd be busting out all kinds of fan favorites to try to win people back/keep them playing after the shit that has happened with SFV and it's launch this year.

Alternatively if they get 2 seasons in a year with 1 character per month that becomes a much different story, but I don't think that's going to happen.

MrDaravon

I have a feeling these breaks in particular are more to try to fix whatever audio issues they have going on, especially since this isn't live on ESPN or anything so they don't really need to artificially build in huge commercial breaks.

shaowebb

Commentator analysis break into giant ad break. Viewers dropping like flies at Capcom Cup. Super late all around the globe. Players gotta be losing momentum too at this point. Are their major technical issues or something? This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Have they really only done 6 sets in 3 hours?

.la1n

Commentator analysis break into giant ad break. Viewers dropping like flies at Capcom Cup. Super late all around the globe. Players gotta be losing momentum too at this point. Are their major technical issues or something? This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Have they really only done 6 sets in 3 hours?

They should be rotating commentary at minimum. These guys are putting me to sleep.

.la1n

And Haitani. My God did you see his face out there. Not certain if salty or if his soul escaped his body waiting for the ads to end.

All American grand finals and it's the tournament they decide to sit David and James on the bench. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom