• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Hey guys!

Be sure to tune into Cen Cal Standoff today! We worked really hard to put this event together and we hope to bring you guys a hype event!

Tons of great players for sfv: Chris G, LPN, WFX Samurai, Nando, BJ Unchained, Kelvin and so much more

And marvel heads this tournament is stacked!

Neo, Chris Schmidt, RyanLV, Priest, hiimnastyy, Chris G, Supernoon, Cloud805 and a ton more!

I'll be on commentary for sfv in the afternoon and playing in the morning!

We got ultra chen and the steves as well

And we didn't forget about smash 4 and melee! Hope you guys enjoy everything!

Streams provided by

TZN Gaming
Kern County Esports
Kevin Haha
Crazy Gamer

Lots of action all day! Get hype!

Action starts around 11am!

It is really weird going to a local tournament and realising that very few people actually like the game that you have all entered (SFV)

Dlent

What a shame that there's nothing else in the genre to play.

I wonder how many times this conversation will pop up before we all die, here in the community ghetto.

Hyun Sai

It is really weird going to a local tournament and realising that very few people actually like the game that you have all entered (SFV)

It's just the sense of belonging to a big and prestigious community (of FGs). "Even if I don't like this, I'm part of it, watch me !"

CurlyW

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331847712755/red-bull-proving-grounds-is-back-for-2017

big-Infographic.jpg

mbpm1

To varying degrees, sure. KI, KoF, Injustice, and even Koihime Enbu are all ground based, short hit confirms, no air-blocking kind of games. This is assuming you mean "plays like SF 4 or 5," because some of the older games were pretty different.

After the year its had, I'd be surprised.

I wouldn't say KI in there due to the combo system alone.

Dlent

You could, but everyone draws a line at a different place. A lot of crazy people don't consider the Alpha or 3 series to be "real" Street Fighter games because of their own core mechanics.

MrCarter

Then again, why would they enter if they don't like the game? Makes no sense lol. I mean, surely they would pick up other games that are allegedly better right? Yet here we are. Personally, I think gamers (especially the FGC crowd) can be very fickle when it comes to certain aspects of gameplay and mechanics and try to blame the game when it comes to thier own shortfalls. It's basically easier to use a FG game as a scapegoat due to so many "nerfs" and "buffs" all the time to suit a specific agenda.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So, our local Smash monthly took place today. About an hour before we closed registration, smash.gg became increasingly more sluggish and glitchy, until it eventually just crashed entirely and became inaccessible, pushing back our event about 1 to 2 hours while we had to sort out the mess.

Turns out that someone was running a 26000-person Rocket League tournament today and it just brought the whole system to its knees.

Then why enter? Makes no sense. Just play what you like.

You'll all must be some youngins to have free time to waste on shit you hate...

mbpm1

So, our local Smash monthly took place today. About an hour before we closed registration, smash.gg became increasingly more sluggish and glitchy, until it eventually just crashed entirely and became inaccessible, pushing back our event about 1 to 2 hours while we had to sort out the mess.

Turns out that someone was running a 26000-person Rocket League tournament today and it just brought the whole system to its knees.

I hope that tournament also had problems

Kumubou

It's funny hearing people complain at Street Fighter tournaments that they want a honest fighting game that rewards fundamentals, good neutral play and strong footsies. And then they go running off once I start showing them Koihime Enbu.

...I mean, that's exactly what they're looking for, right?

It's funny hearing people complain at Street Fighter tournaments that they want a honest fighting game that rewards fundamentals, good neutral play and strong footsies. And then they go running off once I start showing them Koihime Enbu.

No, it's not Street Fighter. Fuck your shitty ass game where is Ryu ????

there's a thing as too much weeb

Mikado arcade's months-long league where the best play FT10 sets in two different Round Robin pools with the winners advancing. The 2nd and 3rd placers play an FT5 elimination tournament with the winner advancing. The three advanving players then play another FT10 Round Robin pool.

tl;dr shittons of long high level GG sets that have been dope as fuck go watch.

We recently got ourselves a thriving fledgling ST scene partially for this reason I think.

Season 2 is way better than Season 1. I can just set play people all day & throw out random shit & it works. It's like a really bad version of a Vs. game.

Top Bottom