• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

Sweet. Pig of the Hut called dibs on Dr. Fate and is going to be maining him now! Thats some guaranteed great times on streams for Injustice 2 having that guy go in on the character. So perfect for him too. Pig is a fantastic zoner/long range setup player. Im hoping the orbs and teleports lure ex-Martian Manhunter player Jupiter to the character as well to really help add more top players to this character at tourney. He looks like he could bring so much hype to a stream like Quan or MMH did.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like pig, he's a cool dude and does a lot for his community. Doesn't get much credit for it.

I'm going to get a brook converter and keep all my sticks. Can't wait to build my new pc.

Line_HTX

Happy Breath of the Wild launch day!

yQLBwEZ.jpg

Beckx

C6AcZ_UXMAEuLLK.jpg

hmm, got a little bit of slowdown (i think) on the Arcade Archives version of KoF98. Might be imagining it? I can't mess around with it much right now but will try more later.

the joycon dpad is strangely not-bad for KoF, certainly better than a 360 pad but that's not saying much.

Beckx

title screen subtitle is "dream match never ends" not "ultimate" so it's vanilla, I think?

the scanline options are really nice. i haven't seen the slowdown issue again.

it wants to connect online every time i start it, wonder why?

Beckx

i thought that at first but it starts just fine when you cancel out. plus the way they've set up the system, as long as the console is the active console, anyone can play on it, and you can't activate another console until you deactivate the first one online.

HyperHip

title screen subtitle is "dream match never ends" not "ultimate" so it's vanilla, I think?

the scanline options are really nice. i haven't seen the slowdown issue again.

it wants to connect online every time i start it, wonder why?

It think it's for the online ranking stuff

Beckx

It think it's for the online ranking stuff

oh, that makes sense.

when you start the game, it takes you to a splash screen where you can select to start the software in four modes: Japanese Original, English Original, Score Attack, and Caravan. (The later is a mode where you get 5 mins to get as high a score as you can, and I guess you're supposed to hand it to someone else to see if they can beat you?)

I didn't try Score Attack but Caravan did have something in the options mentioning online ranking for scores.

HyperHip

oh, man, it never even occurred to me that it was handled at a system level. right joycon isn't ideal for this but it works for casual fun play.

I feel right joycon works much better due to analog placement. The analog in general has been pretty decent to play with in general, was pulling off tk motions and whatnot pretty easy.

shaowebb

This week is great, Injustice 2 trailers that bring the hype for new characters, Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars is now likely hitting steam, Zelda came out, and Hurricane Polymar gifs are showing up in threads without me prompting them to (though I do egg them on once they start).

Good times.

I feel right joycon works much better due to analog placement. The analog in general has been pretty decent to play with in general, was pulling off tk motions and whatnot pretty easy.

ive found the circle gate to be really annoying for digital input on puyo puyo tetris, might just need to be something i need to get used to

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Good for them, that's a big step up from last year. Are they doing pool of death then?

The Tekken runners and I (I'm doing Marvel) both wanted to do this, but Larry wants to keep it simple this year and make sure that all pools are the same size and not have to worry about a death bracket size that they can't properly anticipate and account for. I am going to campaign hard for late-reg only pools next year; being able to quarantine those guys so that they don't fuck up pre-reg brackets is just so much more desirable imo.

Late registrants are basically going to be slotted into byes as the bracket makers see fit. (And to keep late "top player" registrants from fucking over things for everyone else, I'm making any of them who show up to Marvel at the last minute face off with each other in round 1 if I have to. Even if it means an EVO grand final runback in round 1. I just don't have the patience to deal with people who know better at this point.)

We're also closing late registration on Thursday this year instead of Friday, so if things still fuck up somehow, at least it oughta be a different set of fuck-ups.

Kumubou

For larger events, the punishment late registrants deserve is being told to go pound sand and enter another event somewhere else. An event the size of Final Round shouldn't be messing around with late registration at all. I wouldn't care who their sponsor is -- and frankly, I would have even less tolerance for it from a sponsored player. They would had months in advance to plan for these events.

Tripon

For larger events, the punishment late registrants deserve is being told to go pound sand and enter another event somewhere else. An event the size of Final Round shouldn't be messing around with late registration at all. I wouldn't care who their sponsor is -- and frankly, I would have even less tolerance for it from a sponsored player. They would had months in advance to plan for these events.
Normally, I would agree with you, but with a new, larger, more expensive venue and the expenses that go with finally upgrading, that's money TOs can't turn away.

Top Bottom