• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

NEO0MJ

Man, the Switch is tiny. I knew it would be small but not that small. It's thinner than a Vita and without the joycons less wide as well.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Man, the Switch is tiny. I knew it would be small but not that small. It's thinner than a Vita and without the joycons less wide as well.

Not since the original Xbox had I held a controller with a form-factor so off-putting that it made me reconsider purchasing the system altogether.

NEO0MJ

Not since the original Xbox had I held a controller with a form-factor so off-putting that it made me reconsider purchasing the system altogether.

I won't lie, I'm kinda worried about long term use in portable form. Feeling regret over skipping on the pro controller.

And I always wanted to try the Duke.

MrCarter

I haven't bought one but from what I've seen I dislike the huge bezels around the portable screen. They should have included that whole area but knowing Nintendo, they will have the the "XL" out within a year.

Dahbomb

I also noticed that Vergil has the Phoenix moveset.

I bet when he turns Dark Vergil it's just regular Vergil just with XF3 so when you actually turn on XF3 you unlock the coveted XF9.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My old Heroes & Heralds deck was pretty gdlk.

- gain 2 bars of hyper meter whenever you activate X-Factor
- do more damage in X-Factor
- allowed to use X-Factor three times per match

:V

My old Heroes & Heralds deck was pretty gdlk.

- gain 2 bars of hyper meter whenever you activate X-Factor
- do more damage in X-Factor
- allowed to use X-Factor three times per match

:V

I liked the poison cards that activated on 20+ hits. I think it was some Monster Hunter critter, I forget.

Beckx

C6cQPjCU0AADiSf.jpg

Dahbomb

Max is saying right now the netcode hiearchy of UMVC3 is:

Steam = Xbox One >>>> 360 > PS4 >>>>> PS3

The two new versions have the best netcode out of all the versions.

Dlent

If any fighting game could carry the legacy of strong, fan made netcode, I guess it would be this one. It would be a titanic undertaking compared to something like Melty or #Reload though.

Kumubou

If any fighting game could carry the legacy of strong, fan made netcode, I guess it would be this one. It would be a titanic undertaking compared to something like Melty or #Reload though.
I want to cut this off at the pass for a couple of reasons. Getting networking for such a latency-sensitive application is difficult for even professional teams with tons of resources and source code access. Trying to hack that into much of anything is rather insane -- and then doing it for a modern 3D engine is even more ridiculous. There's a lot more to consider when trying to roll back and adjust animation, a lot more world state to calculate (especially with regards to things like physics-based animation and lighting) and given how you have to be able to simulate the game state multiple times per frame for rollback calculations, that would make CPU allowances comically tiny.

In short: I wouldn't hold your breath, and please don't bug anyone that's actually done such work in the past. You'll just have to live with someone putting Sagat into UMvC3. :p

I want to cut this off at the pass for a couple of reasons. Getting networking for such a latency-sensitive application is difficult for even professional teams with tons of resources and source code access. Trying to hack that into much of anything is rather insane -- and then doing it for a modern 3D engine is even more ridiculous. There's a lot more to consider when trying to roll back and adjust animation, a lot more world state to calculate (especially with regards to things like physics-based animation and lighting) and given how you have to be able to simulate the game state multiple times per frame for rollback calculations, that would make CPU allowances comically tiny.

In short: I wouldn't hold your breath, and please don't bug anyone that's actually done such work in the past. You'll just have to live with someone putting Sagat into UMvC3. :p

And to think I was called a negative nancy for poopooing this

Line_HTX

Damn, Final Round and PAX East on the same weekend, whew~

Final Round XX should be extra fun this time and hope there's not a repeat of last year's problems.

Dlent

Mmm, wasn't sure if it was difficult or impossible, but it sounds like the latter. Makes me wonder about something like the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod, because that game didn't natively support multiplayer, much less online.

ZeroCDR

It's better than the best netcode that the 360 version has had.

That's ALMOST getting into acceptable territory I guess. But mileage could vary of course, it's P2P after all.

I'm very pleased so far, it feels like the best case scenario for still dealing with delay based netcode. I already enjoyed myself on 360, and I do feel like this is a nice step up.

I was talking about the netcode

It's absolutely playable.

Top Bottom