• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

Anne

lol, it's been this way ever since I started. Afraid I don't know of any other YT channels that host multiple FG match sets, ones that put up vids on a near daily basis, and thus I mainly stick to Game a-cho.

DoaGHThaDOJO is pretty much a nico reupload bot at this point.

FSLink

Banned
Thank you for bringing Excellent Adventures to my attention, that's a lot of hours of entertainment I have to catch up on.

Excellent Adventures and the early Spooky/Art streams were really awesome "resources" back then to help me get into fighting games more. Glad these guys are still making content.

Pam is cute. Never understood the Karen fans. :v

Excellent Adventures and the early Spooky/Art streams were really awesome "resources" back then to help me get into fighting games more. Glad these guys are still making content.

Karen had attitude, looks, and could kick your ass in CoD.

Beasley has her charm, though.

KAREN WAS GREAT UNTIL SHE GOT CRAZY

Ann Perkins > Karen i forget her last name

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
i am suddenly disappointed in Tizoc's compilation post after realizing that they're all uploads from the same channel

Yeah lol. Just subscribe to acho

They're kind of a bit much on mobile since it embeds youtube links by default, but I guess I can change that in my options

Hmmm, Mike Z sounds a bit... cocky in this article:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/16/dev...mike-zaimont-discuss-street-fighter-ivs-bugs/

He makes some good points, but I don't really appreciate the way he's talking, given that he's only making some educated guesses (at best).

Enzo vindicated

DoaGHThaDOJO is pretty much a nico reupload bot at this point.

Bots have feelings too in most cases. This so being one of those cases.

I could easily say what you just did about everybody else on that's on the same hustle including some of those who do their business where you frequent.

However, it didn't start with me and nor will it end that way but being that one who picked that torch up so long ago, is still carrying it to this day, being leagues above "my competition" and giving a host of fighting games attention that wouldn't otherwise see it is hard fucking work!

The dichotomy of who & why has changed a whole lot since when it was a whole lot harder to view videos from Nico and wasn't the in vogue thing to do. It used to be a select few who provided that service for the sake of providing the service. The majority of those who do now either focus in on a certain game or games by a certain developer. Me, I've probably provided footage for damn near any fighting game you could name since 2007.

I do what it is I do because somebody has to be the other side of the balance and I don't mind it at all. When I see a reason to no longer provide the service I do then I'll stop but as long as the community needs the balance that the service I deliver provides it then I'll keep doing it.

My responsibility is to preserve history & be its voice and I take what I do very seriously! But that flows into every single thing I do.

Thanks for noticing that I do something. It's appreciated.

Anne

I didn't mean anything bad about saying the account is a nico bot, I meant the opposite actually. I'm subbed and watch videos on there like every day and link out tons of stuff. Hell, I was talking about the Project Justice uploads on twitter earlier.

I really appreciate what you and all the others do, if it weren't for your channel I wouldn't know a lot of things about the random ass little games I play that only get obscure JP footage. I guess saying bot was a bad choice of words though, I apologize. Cool to see you around, I've been recommending your channel (like I did earlier, sorry my wording sucks) for the last couple years for people who want footage.

Anyways, I never meant to offend, sorry again. The amount of shit that goes up on that channel is staggering, it feels like you grab everything that goes up.

P.S. Special thanks for the DFC uploads, mizuumi actually opened up a wiki for it today and I'll probably be recommending you a lot for videos of it.

Papstr

Neo Member
If I'm correct you upload some Akatsuki Blitzkampf footage. That makes you the coolest "bot" in the world. Even Blitztanks have feelings.

Ayyyyy fall back tho

--

Are u guys ready for GGXXR on steam lolllll

1394684305906.jpg

I didn't mean anything bad about saying the account is a nico bot, I meant the opposite actually. I'm subbed and watch videos on there like every day and link out tons of stuff. Hell, I was talking about the Project Justice uploads on twitter earlier.

I really appreciate what you and all the others do, if it weren't for your channel I wouldn't know a lot of things about the random ass little games I play that only get obscure JP footage. I guess saying bot was a bad choice of words though, I apologize.Cool to see you around, I've been recommending your channel (like I did earlier, sorry my wording sucks) for the last couple years for people who want footage.

Anyways, I never meant to offend, sorry again. The amount of shit that goes up on that channel is staggering, it feels like you grab everything that goes up.

P.S. Special thanks for the DFC uploads, mizuumi actually opened up a wiki for it today and I'll probably be recommending you a lot for videos of it.

My apologies in exchange. Let's just say that I've wanted to say that out loud for a long time even though I've said varying versions of the same thing for years now.

Also, thanks for the support. I do what I do for folks like yourself so you can always have a centralized place to watch it all.

Please let me know on Twitter who you are and when Mizuumi gets their stuff up and rolling for DFC please let me know as well seeing that it is an awesome resource for a lot of the games I care so dearly for.

If I'm correct you upload some Akatsuki Blitzkampf footage. That makes you the coolest "bot" in the world. Even Blitztanks have feelings.

I'm that bot. You'll be getting your next fix for that and En Eins Perfektwelt soon enough. Keep enjoying them because I do what I do for you too!

Malice215

Strong Style isn't even stream right?

I have no clue what the fuck the Tekken community is doing. They are seriously turning into a cult, and will be excluded from all other FGC events.

I don't see how they're turning into a cult by choosing one tournament over another when they are both in the same month. People have been waiting on Strongstyle for years while WCW was officially announced not that long ago. Of course Tekken players are going to choose the event that's primarily for Tekken.

You'll see some dropoff as people wait for T7 to come out, but if it is excluded at events, it will be at the ones that traditionally don't have a scene for Tekken. Cult status would be a game like Skullgirls which has a following but 0 tournaments.

Zissou

What's up with fools mispronouncing "perfect" when it's used as a verb? There is the normal pronunciation when you're talking about a project or something being worked on in a effort to make it free of flaws- here, the emphasis is on the latter half of the word. Then, there is the one where you pronounce it as you do when it's a noun when you bop somebody at a fighting game. In this case, the emphasis should be on the first part of the word. It's like when you use "gun" as a verb and say someone was "gunned down." I blame flash metroid for fucking it up for everybody.

Silky

Banned
I'm gonna get ready to put up the KOF 20th Anniversary thread. I know there're some fans here, so if you wanna share some stuff/add thoughts or whatever, feel free to post it for me.

KISS is releasing #Reload on Steam.

lol.

They sure took their sweet time putting it on Steam - they had all the GG ports pulled off of GOG a while back.

Nice, I was starting to worry that the delays would push the alpha and beta back into next year.

In other news, there's going to be an invitational tourney for Virtua Fighter 3 Team Battle in September.
I know mid-September is still a ways off, but after reading toddhunter's spotlight, I thought it'd be funny to mention that it's a single player tourney - pretty sure that means it's 1v1, but the game lets you pick characters in triplicate, so they could just run it that way as well.

No knocks against the game itself, though - I've always heard good things about the arcade version, and it held up in Japan until VF4 came out. VF hasn't had a team-centric update since then, though, so maybe toddhunter's onto something.

I'm gonna get ready to put up the KOF 20th Anniversary thread. I know there're some fans here, so if you wanna share some stuff/add thoughts or whatever, feel free to post it for me.

you already know Tizoc is making that shit as we speak

he's got a calendar of all the anniversaries coming up and has A-cho videos ready and waiting

It kept this 2012'er playing fighting games instead of quitting the genre.

Sayah

1) Worst thread title choice.
2) I agree with Toddhunter that Tekken-style team play is a bad fit.
3) Toddhunter needs to explain his Pam obsession, and how big his picture collection of her is.
Have you even played TTT2? Lol. Stop making such comments on games that you know next to nothing about.

Top Bottom