• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

shaowebb

In honor of E3 I got a triple question for everyone this week to bust out their lists for.

ZHbgGdV.jpg

...because this is a week where things can happen.

Piccoro

if we see SC6 today I'm buying a PS4 this summer

Hey, Oneida! What are your thoughts about that Virtua Fighter homage in Smash? I thought it was pretty cool of Sakurai to represent one of the best FG franchises in his game.

I'll also drop this image here, just because:

14_sf2smash01.jpg

shaowebb

In honor of E3 I got a triple question for everyone this week to bust out their lists for.

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1.New SFV character and a look at KI's next season and first character for that season
2.A new Tag fighter being announced from someone
3.Microsoft paying to get either Marvel 4 or Marvel 3 Ultra edition made

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. Cammy and Birdie in SF5.
2. Soul Calibur 6.
3. Tekken 7 console. Virtua Fighter 6. Dengeki Bunko FC western release date. Karin in SF5. An actually new SF5 character.

Bonus #4. Didn't expect but did get already: Nitroplus Blasters localization and release window.

Zissou

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. Footage of two new SFV characters (Cammy and Birdie if the rumors are to be believed). Ono dressed as Birdie. Random KI info. Tekken 7 console release info.
2. Nothing.
3. Marvel patch or Capcom All-stars.
Not actually hoping- the dream is dead.

ILoveBish

1 - VF6, SC6, KI for PC, SF5 characters

2 - More fighters on steam?

3 - Way of the Warrior remake by naughty dog. Bring white zombie back for OST.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hey, Oneida! What are your thoughts about that Virtua Fighter homage in Smash? I thought it was pretty cool of Sakurai to represent one of the best FG franchises in his game.

14_sf2smash01.jpg
I think it's pretty great

Sayad

1- KI PC
2- Soul Calibure
3- A new King of Fighters game ( .__.)

2- Tekken 7 release date, maybe?
1. Footage of two new SFV characters (Cammy and Birdie if the rumors are to be believed). Ono dressed as Birdie. Random KI info. Tekken 7 console release info.
This kinda got de-confirmed by Harada. Which make SC's chance much higher.

Riposte

14_sf2smash01.jpg

Wii Fit Trainer looks real yandere gazing down on Ryu's bod.

Expecting: Street Fighter V character trailers.

Hope that could happen: Soul Calibur 6

Hope that probably won't happen: Killer Instinct on PC.

For me, the thing that will sting the most is KI not being announced for PC.

I assume SF5 will be at Sony's conference.

It's at.. 3am my time though ~.~

Still trying to decide if i'm retarded enough to stay up for it.

Horseress

is there going to be anything today? i saw the schedule just now and it says that they're only going to show sf5 on tues, wed and thurs.

They'll announce the new characters tonight @ Sony's conference, like Tizoc said

I think so at least. Or will they release the trailers earlier and talk about something else...?

What Aris said about Tekken in the last Excellent Adventures episode is true. Its not about the characters, frame data etc etc. but learning the game itself. Forcing yourself to learn all that information is silly and doesn't really help if you don't know how to play the game fundamentally. The game has enough generic things throughout the cast that you can utilize the cast mostly the same way you would other characters.

The problem is that the game presents you with 200 moves per character and leaves you to figure out which are remotely useful. 3d games would be much easier if they actually had move lists separated into "Core" and "Extras" - you can always update the classifications while patching if competitive play turns up something interesting. A small core moveset would get beginners more focused on that than sifting through 200 moves.

having only ever played Third Strike for fun, it’s easy to call it my favorite. The art and animations are still really impressive, it has a good pace, and it’s always interesting to watch. Almost always. Not Chun-li mirrors.

What do you mean? This looks completely sane Keepo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKxgNLfJbOQ

(cr.mk is a good move)

Might have been a year or two ago, but things are a bit better for anime stuff now. KOF, Persona and Xrd deserve a lot of credit.

twitch

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1: Smash/SFV stuff

2: Smash/SFV stuff

3: SFV retroactively scrapped, KOF13 reskinned into a Street Fighter game, watch the world play it because of the name.

NEO0MJ

Don't be silly, of course it's not worth it, especially when you consider how long Sony's conferences tend to be. Best just wait for the summary the next day.

Don't be silly, of course it's not worth it, especially when you consider how long Sony's conferences tend to be. Best just wait for the summary the next day.

E3 conferences are best used as comedy or sleep medicine. Depends on company and year which.

U SURE U DON'T WANNA SIT THROUGH 30 MINS OF SONY MUSIC AND MULTIMEDIA SERVICES TO CATCH A FLEETING GLIPSE OF BIRDIE?

Kimosabae

Banned
How is Mario not in that portrait?? Did the artist just forget about him??

He should have been where Zero Suit is at the very least.

BadWolf

Getting destroyed online in VF5FS, my defense is so bad.

The fact that a lot of Jean's moves are linear and don't track well doesn't help.

Sayad

It's will probably start at least 30 minutes late too. You're better off just watching everything the next day or using that spoiler free thread(lol). That being said, I'd totally stay up to 3am for some of those SFV events. >__>

Sony's conference is at 5am over here, it's easier to wake up for it than to stay up.

Skikkiks

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. Street Fighter characters lolololo
2. KI Season 3 + PC announcement
3. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2
Kappa

El Sabroso

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1- SFV gameplay of the 2 new characters to be announced
2- KI S3, Pokken for WiiU announcement
3- USF4 WiiU port, MvC4

Top Bottom