• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Onemic

The only arcades left are corporate unfortunately. The Dave & Busters, Round 1, etc. A small business like Super Arcade never had a chance.

Super Arcade would have an easier time saying it was a bowling alley that had some arcades.

I dont even consider Dave and Busters to be a real arcade really. Same with Playdium.

CurlyW

Honestly, all tweeting at the official City of Azusa account is gonna do is probably just annoy some unpaid intern with frequent inbox alerts.

Patrick Miller ‏@pattheflip 14m14 minutes ago
dear azusa: empirically, white people have proven themselves to be far more dangerous than arcades

Don't get this tweet. What do white people have to do with it? Pretty sure azusa is majority Hispanic anyways....

"hoodlum" is generally a white codeword for "black people"

Nyoro SF

I agree that Watson could've done better, but how the hell do you argue against arguments like THAT? It was like straight out of a c-tier movie about evil, dumb politicians. The counters they had were so inane there was nothing to fight against.

Kumubou

Markman always getting that work.

The only arcades left are corporate unfortunately. The Dave & Busters, Round 1, etc. A small business like Super Arcade never had a chance.

Super Arcade would have an easier time saying it was a bowling alley that had some arcades.

Yeah, at least a bowling alley would have been another revenue source and something that old white people actually understand.

(That actually would have been an interesting idea, but I don't think Watson has the capital for something like that.)

You guys hype for some scrabble?
Competetive Scrabble is Some Shit. It's less of a game of vocabulary (although it matters -- I hope you have every two letter word memorized, along with words that use Q that don't start with it) and more of a competitive logic puzzle.

mbpm1

I agree that Watson could've done better, but how the hell do you argue against arguments like THAT? It was like straight out of a c-tier movie about evil, dumb politicians. The counters they had were so inane there was nothing to fight against.

The Gandhi of Citizens
Kappa

Tripon

James Chen going in.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 28m28 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa The businesses around Super Arcade's original location welcomed the business that we brought there. They were friends with us.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 15m15 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa To reiterate, you can see already my messages to your council have received hundreds of Retweets between them.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 14m14 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa This is not a Southern California issue, it is a world concern. We've had people from other continents visit for this arcade.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 12m12 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa It's a landmark for our subculture. And our family would take it VERY seriously to uphold safety and quality of people there.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 9m9 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa Without question, this arcade would severely raise the quality of the surrounding area due to its patronage.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 7m7 minutes ago
•@cityofazusa We are asking for the chance to prove ourselves. Again, please reconsider. None of this has been hyperbole in the slightest.

James Chen ‏@jchensor 37s38 seconds ago
•@cityofazusa I wish I could've been at the hearing to express all this, but I am a college educated working citizen that couldn't make it.

https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/613919331601117184

Kumubou

Does Scrabble have X-Factor
Hitting a triple word score with your whole rack can be pretty damn close to popping Dark Vergil at times. And just like UMvC3, that can get ruined by good setups.

What da fuck happened in the last couple of pages...?
The realest Wednesday Night Fights you'll ever see. We were this close to seeing a sneak preview of Street Fighter 6, too.

What actually happened: Super Arcade had their permits denied by the city of Asuza's planning commission, and IEBattlegrounds had a livestream of the meeting going.

Dahbomb

Looks like I missed some shit.

Sucks having permits denied for arcades. This is definitely a concern in good ol' USA. I know many arcade owners got shutdown here because of permit denials or complaints to city councils. Arcades just don't have a good enough reputation.

kirblar

Getting a lot of angry tweets is not harassment.
Sucks having permits denied for arcades. This is definitely a concern in good ol' USA. I know many arcade owners got shutdown here because of permit denials or complaints to city councils. Arcades just don't have a good enough reputation.
No amount of reputation could have gotten past the implicit racism.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Looks like I missed some shit.

Those darn kids and their video games! They'll end up robbing in the future!

mbpm1

They made up their minds before it began lol.

It wasn't even a 9-1 matchup, it was like Watson was fighting with 0% handicap

joe2187

Banned
Watson is going to get a run back in 3 weeks.

What's strange is that the shopping center in question has been basically deserted for like a decade. I used to shop there when they had like twenty mexican meat markets, used clothing stores and swap meets.

I might show up to voice my support, it's only 10 mins away.

Dahbomb

Getting a lot of angry tweets is not harassment.

No amount of reputation could have gotten past the implicit racism.
Yeah well that's the problem, arcades have a "reputation" of attracting a certain type of crowd that certain people don't want in their area. And by certain crowd I mean certain race if you didn't get the memo the first time.

The only arcades in my areas have been converted into LAN centers which doesn't make sense to me as it's essentially the same thing. Actually it does if you approach it from a race angle...

So I went to my weekly today and just couldn't get in to it. The only fun I had was playing Starmie G in her first solo tournament
and sandbagging hard so that she'd have some fun too while giving me a chance to play Makoto on stream

I'm just not loving USF4 now. I think I might be down, outside of playing at like EVO and probably Canada Cup =\

watching the archive..

don't make it so obvious breh

Onemic

Yeah well that's the problem, arcades have a "reputation" of attracting a certain type of crowd that certain people don't want in their area. And by certain crowd I mean certain race if you didn't get the memo the first time.

The only arcades in my areas have been converted into LAN centers which doesn't make sense to me as it's essentially the same thing. Actually it does if you approach it from a race angle...

Ya, it was pretty clear what 3 of those council members were referring to.

Dai101

Banned

ZwEOzq4.jpg

What you impliyin' ese

J/K

Top Bottom