• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

hitsugi

This guy is HELLA FGC, he just doesn't know yet

If he played at Pacman he definitely knows what's up. That place was lined from wall to wall with fighting games.

...a little scary outside, though. The Burger King nearby had bulletproof glass from the waist up.

CurlyW

A city not wanting an arcade means either the city knows nothing about video gaming communities, or it knows a whole lot about video gaming communities.

Horseress

An empty location with some criminality going on and for some reason putting SOMETHING there, something WITH SECURITY, is not a good idea?! God fucking dammit

mbpm1

Watson camped out in the area several nights his arcade was in to scout out the neighborhood before he bought it lol.

Dedication

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
boggles the mind. They'd rather have randoms hanging outside empty buildings drinking at night, lmao.

good lord.

i wonder if these people are even thinking correctly... fucking questionable judgement. lets have people drink outside and leave it like that.

we might as well let them grow some muscle so they look more threatening with the gym too. /s

Tripon

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry. But Azusa at best is a rough city, and you're not going to get better stores if you deny businesses from setting up.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I, for one, welcome our new overlords: the empty lots

we can always bring melee setups that can be powered through moving some muscle.

Edit:

Where is UltraDavid? I think he would have a been a great fit for discussing this... He's a lawyer who's been in the arcade scene for years.

CurlyW

Unrelated to the current topic, but I was looking at some of the other gaming threads because Iron Galaxy was in the news, and holy shit is the rest of NeoGaf really that insane?

OceanBlue

Unrelated to the current topic, but I was looking at some of the other gaming threads because Iron Galaxy was in the news, and holy shit is the rest of NeoGaf really that insane?

Did you see the thread on Skullgirls and how much it takes to make a game?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My guess is that they already knew their answer and had their minds made up despite all the arguments and what not.

Tripon

Are you talking about the PC port of the new Batman game?

And yes, they're that crazy. In general.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of people who don't consider why decisions are being made and would rather yell than find what they want to do.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

What happened? I tried looking for it and couldn't find it.

Tripon

So basically they didn't see money in arcades and would rather have a retail shop.

I'll be frank, no retail shops are not going to open that in that mall with the current conditions if they were accurately saying what a shit show is.

Top Bottom