• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

I uh...

Is there no way to click off Royal Road now?

I feel like I should have realized this sooner, but hm.

Also lol Piety Materia is yellow. Piety is now the Parry icon. neat.
No, they removed the ability to discard cards by deleting the buff. If you want to get rid of a bad RR or Spread gotta use a card.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and press R2, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.

Qvoth

unable to obtain character data due to server congestion
wtzgU.gif

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to make the text box during cutscenes larger.

EDIT: Figured it out finally. Pulled out my mouse, connected to to ps4 and right clicked the text box while it was up. No idea how to do that on controller though.

Ok, there is absolutely NO FPS improvement for PS4 Pro user.
What a huge disappointment. The only Pro feature is 4k IF you have a 4K TV.

There is better fps now (but still far from perfect) but it's for everyone no matter if Pro or not.
I'm a little bit pissed off​ now. :/

Ok, there is absolutely NO FPS improvement for PS4 Pro user.
What a huge disappointment. The only Pro feature is 4k IF you have a 4K TV.

There is better fps now (but still far from perfect) but it's for everyone no matter if Pro or not.
I'm a little bit pissed off​ now. :/

I thought it was 60fps on Pro anyway?

rezn0r

I guess I level SAM first but I'm interested in red mage, bard, and drg as well. May have to jump the bard, too lazy to level from level 15. I hope one of those classes is complex enough to not put me to sleep. Retiring my monk as it seems DOA. I really don't want to play a slower easier monk then what's already there.

So in my effort to completely avoid spoilers and basically all info besides that first trailer months ago, there's an option to jump a low level job up higher? If it's in the patch notes I apologize, I skimmed them but was semi-going in blind (which I know makes me annoying)

I have literally no idea how to BLM right now.

Almost all of the jobs I haven't touched since hitting 50 on them in 2.0 (I have 1 60, BRD) - I always felt clueless and now it seems funny that the general public are in the same boat. I actually wanted to get back into some different jobs, so this is probably the perfect time...

Have fun everyone!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The PS4 UI is god damn awful now. And even if you can kinda fix it by setting the UI scale to 150% and then manually adjusting things that are too big down to 80-90%, the text for player names and such is still huge and you can't change that.

Fuck.

Qvoth

I have literally no idea how to BLM right now.

i can't do the job quest because of some error
logged out and now waiting on queue again but doesn't show my character because of server congestion it said

anyway gameplay for blm 60 is still the same, personally i start with sharpcast fire 1 start
some people start with fire 3, some with blizzard 3
sharpcast fire 1 > enochian > leylines > firestarter > fire 4 > etc should still work
until you have umbral heart there's no point in using blizzard 4

First thing I did, after watching the couple opening cutscenes, was exchange my old currency and then buy the rest of the singing crystals I needed for anima (yeah, I know, late, but I'm going to finish it for glamour if nothing else). Feels good.

Hope they figure out that Duty Finder problem quickly though.

Foxxsoxx

Damn if the areas aren't stupid crowded the 1080p option for Pro is so smooth now.

But the higher resolution looks great...

1080p for now...

Turning on Boost Mode improved framerate quite a bit. Are you saying that it now runs worse than with boost mode?

No, it's actually good playable, like I said they improved the fps for everyone now but that the Pro has absolute no improvement in comparison to the normal PS4 is a joke, it could run in rock solid 60fps but it runs in PS4 standard mode and you still see huge framerate drops. There are no improvements specially for the pro.

Foxxsoxx

No, it's actually good playable, like I said they improved the fps for everyone now but that the Pro has absolute no improvement in comparison to the normal PS4 is a joke, it could run in rock solid 60fps but it runs in PS4 standard mode and you still see huge framerate drops. There are no improvements specially for the pro.

What? I immediately noticed an improvement in framerate in 1080p mode.

It still has dips in crowds but this is better than before.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RDM AoE being Scatter spam is kind of boring. I can't believe they missed the obvious solution of having Scatter proc AoE on Verfire/aero/thunder/stone.

All y'all got Stormblood and i'm stuck here fetching gil scattered around the city on a lvl 5 quest, delivering pretzels and figuring out what's the most popular color.

Well, okay, I was, but then I had to lie down because of food poisoning

Zidy

I'm torn between maining SAM or RDM for the xpac. I was set on SAM at first but RDM is just so damn fun when you get the rotation down.

What? I immediately noticed an improvement in framerate in 1080p mode.

It still has dips in crowds but this is better than before.

Yes, but for everyone, no matter if pro or not, that's what I mean. It could be better with the pro but in runs in the same fps mode as on the normal PS4. This is what's disappointing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes, but for everyone, no matter if pro or not, that's what I mean. It could be better with the pro but in runs in the same fps mode as on the normal PS4. This is what's disappointing.
I might be misunderstanding you, but this is how it was until now:

Without Boost Mode:
Regular PS4: "OK" framerate
PS4 Pro: "OK" framerate

With Boost Mode:
PS4 Pro: Good framerate

Are you saying that with this patch it became like this?
Regular PS4: Good framerate

iammeiam

MSQ-blocked by a solo instance

Decide to switch to MCH to see the damage at 60

Of the 16 buttons on my primary crossbar, 4 are no longer accessible; I'm missing a bunch on alt bars or expanded, but it's weird to see a quarter of my most frequently used buttons gone.

I have gained 0 pre-60 skills

Building heat is horrible because you get no heat management stuff at 60, heated shot trait is 64, so it's slowwwwly building a meter you have no control over to enter overheat and then start over.

It might become an actual job at 64? And like we knew this all before but actually trying to do anything on a dummy...

I don't understand how they're going to incentivize people to level MCH. It's really bad pre-SB now.

MSQ-blocked by a solo instance

Decide to switch to MCH to see the damage at 60

Of the 16 buttons on my primary crossbar, 4 are no longer accessible; I'm missing a bunch on alt bars or expanded, but it's weird to see a quarter of my most frequently used buttons gone.

I have gained 0 pre-60 skills

Building heat is horrible because you get no heat management stuff at 60

It might become an actual job at 64? And like we knew this all before but actually trying to do anything on a dummy...

I don't understand how they're going to incentivize people to level MCH. It's really bad pre-SB now.
The fuck? You don't actually get Cooldown alongside Gauss? lol

I might be misunderstanding you, but this is how it was until now:

Without Boost Mode:
PS4 Pro: "OK" framerate

With Boost Mode:

Are you saying that with this patch it became like this?
Regular PS4: Good framerate

Exactly.

IvorB

i can't do the job quest because of some error
logged out and now waiting on queue again but doesn't show my character because of server congestion it said

anyway gameplay for blm 60 is still the same, personally i start with sharpcast fire 1 start
some people start with fire 3, some with blizzard 3
sharpcast fire 1 > enochian > leylines > firestarter > fire 4 > etc should still work
until you have umbral heart there's no point in using blizzard 4

Yeah it was mostly shock of trying to figure out this job gauge thing. Getting the hang of things now. Umbral Heart does do something though. When you do Blizzard IV you get three spokes on the gauge and each on reduces mana cost of fire spell. So three Fire IVs uses it up. Need to figure out how this should be factored in. Also there is a typo on the Blizzard IV tool tip *eye roll*.

iammeiam

The fuck? You don't actually get Cooldown alongside Gauss? lol

Nope. I went in to remap skills to figure out what to replace, like, Lead Shot with

and there is nothing new accessible.

The best comparison is playing an ARR class pre-30, where it's super slow and sparse because they're easing you into it? It feel super incomplete sixty levels in.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I entered the pre-purchase CD key into Mogstation first (for early access) instead of my CE Key.

Now my mogstation account doesn't have the bubble highlighted for the CE tickbox and it gives me errors for invalid code if I try to enter the CE code. Am I somehow screwed out of the CE contents?

I am very pissed if so.

Top Bottom