• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally! The ESPN NFL 2K5 update I've been waiting for...online play/leagues!

DMczaf

Yes, no more of this cribs and first person football bullshit!

http://www.espnvideogames.com/nfl2k5/

Videos:

http://www.espnvideogames.com/_img/videos/nfl2005/nfl2k5_ff7_GoingOnline.mpg

http://www.espnvideogames.com/_img/videos/nfl2005/nfl2k5_ff7_DualScreenOnline.mpg

http://www.espnvideogames.com/_img/videos/nfl2005/nfl2k5_ff7_CreatingOnlineGames.mpg

nfl2k5_ff7_1.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_2.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_3.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_4.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_5.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_6.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_7.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_8.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_9.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_10.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_11.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_12.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_13.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_14.jpg
nfl2k5_ff7_15.jpg

Mrbob

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT!!!

That looks so sexAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaay.

Really, it does.

OMGHI2UESPNNEXTWEDNESDAY!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
It has begun!!!! July 20th is going to be great. FMT you will not repeat as ESPN champ this year, mark my words!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
SWEET! *SPLOOGES ALL OVER HIS NCAA FOOTBALL BOX AND WONDERS IF EB WILL TAKE IT BACK*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Cant we get like $50 store credit?

Since its been opened no :( I think we can get 30 tops.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
nfl2k5_ff7_12.jpg

LOL! Check out under Injuries

Warren Sapp - Heart Attack

OWNED!

HAHA wtf thats a first and to think he was cover boy last year

Fifty

Man oh man this looks HOT!!!

Online trades! Amazing presentation. The GA league will be amazing! Now everyone just needs to sign up in time :)

Edit: He's "day by day" after a freaking heart attack!! lol

The Ravens are coming next week. Watch out.

Vgamer

Wow just wow. This game just is getting better and better the more I hear about it. And only $20. Best game deal Ever!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, since Im the Lions.. anyone want to trade for their backup QB? Gotta be better than my starter.

StoOgE

IGN has their review up: 9.4

They dont have many gameplay complaints honestly.. they dont like the kicking game, they wish the combine/draft in franchise would be changed, and the game is way too easy on the easiest setting.

what konex didn't tell you is that the above picture he posted isn't laughing, but rather a picture saying "geeeeeeeeeee what a dreamboat..." about brian griese. he will accept the trade DM.

p.s. looks like Jgar has returned home to the niners! now if only i can get jerry rice traded back... who picked the raiders anyways

jedimike

Who would not buy this game for $20? It's an amzing value!

Is there a commish for the league? I want someone to regulate these trades... a vote by the league to approve or not approve trades would be nice.

Is there a commish for the league? I want someone to regulate these trades... a vote by the league to approve or not approve trades would be nice.

i'm the commish. i'm pretty sure trades have to be approved by the commissioner, but if you notice in the league screenshots there is a "Poll question" section that can be setup on the left. the way i would do it is say "Should Manning for Griese be approved?" and everyone could vote on it. I would never approve that trade though :D

Drek

damn cool shit. Gonna have to grab this and get into some ESPN NFL practice, then when I go back to school I'll sign up for XBL and kick some GAF Football league ass. :)

Oh, and Broncos RULE!

hgplayer1

can we take an official count of how many people are "excited" about this game coming out with all the new cool league features and then compare it to how many people actually show up when the league is created?

Drek

Go for it, I'll at least buy the game, can't play in any leagues until I join XBL though. :p

One feature that'd be cool is if they let you check ESPN's real website when you're online, they're using the same web design style and it'd make an awesome little extra. Be able to read up on the latest sports news and scores while waiting for a buddy to come on and play. :)

hgplayer1

Drek said:
Go for it, I'll at least buy the game, can't play in any leagues until I join XBL though. :p

One feature that'd be cool is if they let you check ESPN's real website when you're online, they're using the same web design style and it'd make an awesome little extra. Be able to read up on the latest sports news and scores while waiting for a buddy to come on and play. :)

I hope they dont do anything like this at all. keep everything related to the games leagues and events itself.

I wouldnt mind being able to view the league hompage from your Xbox though.

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
can we take an official count of how many people are "excited" about this game coming out with all the new cool league features and then compare it to how many people actually show up when the league is created?

So far we have 32.......If just one person doesn't enter the league, then we'll need a backup. I know that people haven't been as dedicated as they said they'd be with NCAA. Sure they signed up for it without saying when they'd actually sign into the tourny.....but so far we've really been let down by that.

Gunstar77

Hey FMT, maybe you should list the back ups in order that they posted. I am sure someone will not show, it will be great to have all these back ups listed in order so no one gets screwed.

Galaron

EA guy that we like
hgplayer1 said:

Exactly! I signed up for web-based leagues in ESPN last year and while ESPN did a great job, the leagues (I joined three) were a disaster. As soon as someone goes 0 - 3 or 1 - 4 they stop playing their games, or even if someone is in the playoff hunt they'll just forget to show up. And with no email or in-game messaging, it was hard to tell when the other guy was online.

I know the straight ballers here and at OS will have some solid leagues, but I don't think too many people remember that Sega shut down the leagues last year after three months because the abandon rater was something like 95%. It sucks, but most people just don't respect each other enough to show up and play their games, IMO.

As long as all of the GA leagues are completed I'm happy. I don't have time to be in more than one at a time anyway. Hopefully we complete a bunch of them.

Gunstar77

Galaron said:
Exactly! I signed up for web-based leagues in ESPN last year and while ESPN did a great job, the leagues (I joined three) were a disaster. As soon as someone goes 0 - 3 or 1 - 4 they stop playing their games, or even if someone is in the playoff hunt they'll just forget to show up. And with no email or in-game messaging, it was hard to tell when the other guy was online.

I know the straight ballers here and at OS will have some solid leagues, but I don't think too many people remember that Sega shut down the leagues last year after three months because the abandon rater was something like 95%. It sucks, but most people just don't respect each other enough to show up and play their games, IMO.

Well, last year we did 16 player Season to the end. We did have few bumps on the way with people quiting because they are 0-4 but what can you do. I say this year if anybody quits in Season 1, then can't join again for Season 2. No excuses!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I wrote in the official thread that I would be a backup if all the spots were taken... I dont care if I go 0-16, Its lonely on the outside, I just want to play....

tn_dsc00140_jpg.gif

Put me in Coach

first off sega didn't shut the leagues down after 3 months, they shut the leagues down on march 31, 2004. the leagues were up from september 12th 2003 - march 31, 2004. that's about 7 months they were up, not bad.

bottom line is sega didn't give the commissioner ENOUGH control over the leagues to make them work. this year it looks like they have given us control. we can set the number of playoff teams we want to allow in, we can do trades, injuries, etc. AND because the game will have a big userbase on xbox live, people will have incentive to play even if their team is out of the race because it will move them up in the rankings.

you're right, most people talk big about joining leagues and this and that, but when it comes down to it you have to play with people you trust and who aren't going to flake out. we pretty much had that last year, and i doubt we would have run into any problems if the servers were stable. there were guys who were out of the race but still playing late in the season.

Holy Cow. I'm sorry but EA is just owned so hard this year by VC.

Of course much like we see in other areas of the console world. The better games and / or hardware don't always outsell their competition ;).

Ok that is toooooooooo fucking sweet. Finally!

I was not up to getting ESPN NFL 2k5 this year until this feature was revealed/confirmed.

Sold Jerry, sold.

Bog

Junior Ace
Since I'm the Fins in our season, I'm gonna be needing a QB... anyone want to start talking trades? :)

bob, i will give you brandon doman OR cody pickett for chris chambers, david boston and patrick surtain.

i know i'm kind of getting ripped off on the deal there, but i figure i have to TRY to give you guys a little bit of an advantage since i'm the defending champ and all. right dm??

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Since I'm stuck with the Jets, Santana Moss is up for trade. I'm looking for draft picks!

StoOgE

Damn, if you could continue this over multiple seasons with a draft, that would be fly as hell :D

Whoever is Tampa Bay, I would like Chris Simms. I want to stack the roster with as many UT players as possible.. I would also like a Texas running back, but I dont think anyone is gonna trade me one of the two in the leauge :p

I'll put Tai Streets on the trading block if anyone wants him, the Lions are overloaded at the WR position.. I should prolly trade for defense, but thats not fun :p

Top Bottom