• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finding Dory Makes 9.2M on Thursday, On Way to Record Breaking Opening Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I have no interest in a sequel to Finding Nemo but I'm not surprised this is going to make a bunch of money since Finding Nemo was a huge success.

The usual tracking still hasn't been reported anywhere, as far as I know.

There's been numbers posted in the actual Box Office thread that don't have it looking too good.

Which is surprising me, as well, but we're also a week out from it landing and there hasn't been that burst I was expecting. The marketing is like a very large sneeze that gets stifled at the last second.

Shrek was the Deadpool of furry CGI films. Sometimes when tropes are so heavily embedded counter programming is just what the doctor ordered.

3N16MA

Banned
Finding Nemo is the best selling DVD of all time. I bet it's still on constant rotation in many households.

Almost none of that makes any sense to me.

Also why are you wearing a santa hat still. It's June.

Shrek cracked jokes about stuff and so does Deadpool. I feel that I'm 87% on point with my translation.

FoneBone

There's been numbers posted in the actual Box Office thread that don't have it looking too good.

Which is surprising me, as well, but we're also a week out from it landing and there hasn't been that burst I was expecting. The marketing is like a very large sneeze that gets stifled at the last second.

Where? The only thing I've seen is Boxoffice.com's projections based on social media metrics. The trades haven't run anything with the usual tracking sources (as in audience polling) for whatever reason, unless I've missed something.

I dunno. I usually get hyped about Pixar movies, but this one seems kinda whatever from the marketing (95% from RT, so I guess it's probably alright).

At this point, I'm way more excited about Moana or other Disney Animation stuff then Pixar.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
with any luck a few years from now people will gain this kind of self-awareness when it comes to marvel movies

You're going to have a hard next 100 years if you think this is going to happen, dude. Might as well go back to 1981 and hope people are finally about to get over this "Star Wars" thing.

Shrek 2 was the only good one.

And for one reason only:

fd5548e507c158750141244bbdc71001.jpg

Shrek 1 was a good movie
Shrek 2 was a good comedy (haven't seen it in a long time, wonder if it still holds up)
Shrek 3 was horrible, horrible shit
Shrek 4 was the very definition of mediocre (didn't push anything to make it good, but wasn't even close to being as horrendous as 3)

But anyway back on topic, I'll probably to see this movie soon. Sounds like it's a meh movie from some people I know who saw it already. I didn't even know that it had released this weekend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Disney not get bored of all that money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom