• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem out in Europe? Any good?

bionic77

Deg said:
I cant tell if you are serious.

I am totally serious. When I got this game I literally played it non stop for an entire weekend. It was so addicitive that it was impossible to put down. If you are into Japanese rpgs, you will love this game.

bionic77 said:
Ban please.

Uh.....

FE is a formidable game though. I recently picked it up, and I'm in my first play through. It's a much better title than FFTA or any other TRPGs on the GBA.

I enjoy Advance Wars more on a sheer strategy level, but it's story and characters are very silly. Especially since many hundreds of soldiers die in the ridiculous story.

Fire Emblem is a Strategy RPG and in addition to some of the best strategy I have ever played in a SRPG, it has great story and characters.

It is somewhat frustrating, since all characters who die are gone for good, but it adds a nice level of challenge missing in many SRPGs (Vandal Hearts 1,2, Kartia, FF Tactics Advance, Front Mission 3, Tactics Ogre Gaiden, Arc the Lad, Shining Force).

It is easily my favorite game of last year, even though it took me well into this year to win it.

Volt

I'm in Belgium, but imported Fire Emblem because I just had to have it, a couple of months ago. Now I see that it's finally arrived in Europe and I'm inclined to buy it AGAIN (I won't of course, it's the exact same game), that's how good it is ! In a year filled with Metroid : Zero Mission, Mario & Luigi, Wario Ware etc.. Fire Emblem was still the GBA GOTY !!

Volt

Deg said:
You guys have me abit excited :p

Well that was kinda the point of this thread, wasn't it ? :)
As to how it plays, compared to AW2 : it has no bases, and you don't have to manage any resources (e.g. money to buy new units with), instead your army consists of an ever growing legion of heroes; all with their own specialities and statistics. It's more obviously compared with Shining Force (another recommended GBA game) and FF : TA.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fire Emblem is fantastic. And that review was surprisingly cohesive and spot on. They really nailed down a lot of the unique elements of FE that I love so much.

bionic77

neptunes said:
how's the story in the game?

Suprisingly good. I expected the normal crap from Nintendo in the story department, but you will actually like some of the characters, hate some of them, and definitely be interested in the story. The game is extremely addicting though, buyers beware.

Top Bottom