• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First game for the MBX mobile graphics chip. Play it on your PC today.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's the info for the game made to work on the Pocket PCs equipped with MBX chip (not that there are any at the moment). You can also download the demo that works on the PC and see how it's going to look like on future PPC handhelds.

I've tried it, and I must say it's very meh. The team making this is pretty unknown, though.

http://www.blacksmithstudios.com/solterra.html

System Requirements (Pocket PC):
400 mhz cpu
32mb graphic card (Intel 2700G Rec.)
15mb free RAM
30mb free disc space

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
[DM]Nice, a game requires 47MB to run, 32MB out of that being VRam!!!!!!!!!!!!%@#@!
And people expect PSP games to look comparable to consoles like DC with only 2MB VRam? Dream on :p :p :p[/DM]

Btw Marc, any idea when the HW to run this stuff will actually be available?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No idea. PPCs with such hardware are pretty much only in the rumored stage right now. Nothing has been announced, no date set. I'm guessing sometime in 2005 we will see them, maybe at the very end of 2004, but probably no sooner than that. Latest previewed models that are set to appear later this year, still don't have any trace of MBX.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Fafalada:
[DM]Nice, a game requires 47MB to run, 32MB out of that being VRam!!!!!!!!!!!!%@#@!
And people expect PSP games to look comparable to consoles like DC with only 2MB VRam? Dream on :p :p :p[/DM]
Between this and that one PSP discussion, it appears that the forum must not be formating correctly for you...

"Just the slightest bit touchy concerning PSP" was supposed to be listed as Marconelly's tag, not the topic's title.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Heheh, good point Lazy :p
To be honest, so far I have a nice love&hate relationship with PSP, so maybe I feel more comfortable jesting about it.

Anyway, what's more disconcerting about this game is that it looks like something that would fit on GBA (minus the texture filtering). Which is fine being an early title and all, just a bit sad given the memory requirements.

Top Bottom