• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 2 Review Hits Newsstands - Official Xbox Magazine Am Crying

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mr_Furious said:
Sure it can.

Example:
Mega_Man.jpg

A look closer:
1s.jpg

See. That's bad art now matter how you slice it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LIKE THAT A LOT

novery

Text of the (spoiler-free) Famitsu Xbox review:

The battles in this game are really hot. It’s been a long time since I’ve played a game that’s made me forget to do important things like eating and sleeping. The maps are great, the weapons are great, the pacing is great and the overall design is top-notch. The single player mode, which has been surrounded in mystery up until now, really does live up to the hype. Buy this game and you’ll love it. Trust me. TEN OUT OF TEN.

I’m terrible at pretty much every first-person shooter out there, but I really enjoy the ones that I’m able to play well. The game’s opening grabs you and doesn’t let go as it swelters you in the world of Halo. Even when you die there’s an urgent sense of aspiration that keeps you playing until the end. I was also able to play eight-player multiplayer which was really cool. If you can, I recommend playing Halo 2 on the biggest screen you can find. NINE OUT OF TEN.

The overall composition of this game is excellent. So much is stuffed into this game and there are so many play mechanics that pull in the player. The NPCs that battle and converse with you on the battlefield really add an element of realism and the inclusion of more weapons and vehicles opens up the game even more than before. Multiplayer is also awesome. NINE OUT OF TEN.

The battle feels so natural you’ll often times forget you’re playing a video game. For gamers who don’t need to play like spectators and simply go from one goal to the next, you will find Halo 2 really enjoyable. For those who became FPS fans thanks to the original Halo, you’ll find much to like with this sequel. And isn’t vehicular multiplayer not the most fun thing that’s never existed?! (Ed: He really says something to this effect.) NINE OUT OF TEN.

I like the enthusiasm of those translated reviews!

About a week to go...*Kerry's President-elect, and **Halo 2 in the 'BOX!

*Damn, I hope so.
**No fucking doubt here.

Chipopo

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
I like the enthusiasm of those translated reviews!

About a week to go...*Kerry's President-elect, and **Halo 2 in the 'BOX!

*Damn, I hope so.
**No fucking doubt here.

and The Inc-fuckin-Credibles comes out.

Top Bottom