• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Killzone review?

COCKLES

being watched
Deepthroat said:
OPM UK gave it 10/10 IIRC.

Does Nam 67 use the same engine? Because Nam is one of the worst games of the year and the engine is pathetic. Daytona Saturn level pop up....on trees?!?

B E N K E

I don't think it's the first, but very early nonetheless. Two months until th egame releases. I have a hard time believing they've had their hands on finished code for several weeks (allowing for the printing). However, the latest beta build is pretty much a complete game when it comes to the single player part.

Forsete

B E N K E said:
I don't think it's the first, but very early nonetheless. Two months until th egame releases. I have a hard time believing they've had their hands on finished code for several weeks (allowing for the printing). However, the latest beta build is pretty much a complete game when it comes to the single player part.

You wrote that glowing Gamereactor preview? :)
Is the game really that good? ;)

Falch

B E N K E said:
Petter wrote the preview. The game is really good and any doubts created by Shellshock can be put away.

That's encouraging to hear, because the more I see of this game, the more I'm getting a been-there-done-that vibe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
COCKLES said:
Does Nam 67 use the same engine? Because Nam is one of the worst games of the year and the engine is pathetic. Daytona Saturn level pop up....on trees?!?

Different engine, different teams.

By the wayy...Looked in this week's Circuit City ad, and they're giving away a free Killzone demo if you pre-order the game. Has this been known for a while or what? When does the offer start?

Deg

Banned
Littleberu said:
Ya official magazine = OVERHYPING!! Killzone can't be good OF COURSE. No it can't. !!!111!!!one!

You havent played their other game evidently. Ofcourse it could be good as Killzone looks a million times better. Just that its looking tough.

Deg said:
You havent played their other game evidently. Ofcourse it could be good as Killzone looks a million times better. Just that its looking tough.

Ok. Oni was shit, Halo was shit at E3. Halo ended up being the best game ever for some people.

Shellshock is shit, Killzone was shit at E3. ...

Deg

Banned
Littleberu said:
Ok. Oni was shit, Halo was shit at E3. Halo ended up being the best game ever for some people.

Shellshock is shit, Killzone was shit at E3. ...

ok. You win. Killzone will be the best fps this year. Never mind Half Life 2 or other big name fps games this year.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Hmm. Actually read the review, and it's largely content-free. As is the mag in its entirity, in fact. It's a vile piece of trash, and is now sitting in my bin.

Worth every penny for the Ratchet & Clank 3 demo, though. :)

Burger

Don't believe the hype.

Killzone is dissapointing. Maybe not dissapointing to somebody who only has a PS2 and lives in a box, but thats not me.

There are far better FPS's out there for other consoles *cough*

iapetus said:
Hmm. Actually read the review, and it's largely content-free. As is the mag in its entirity, in fact. It's a vile piece of trash, and is now sitting in my bin.

Worth every penny for the Ratchet & Clank 3 demo, though. :)

Although only one level, the demo has restored my faith in R&C after the inspiration-free sequel to the wonderful original.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Killzone is an excellent game.

I had some considerable time with the E3 build in a non-show floor environment.

To me, it plays like a more compact Call of Duty, with the multiple routes reserved for individual characters. The guns are pretty meaty and the visuals are just fucking stunning.

I only played through a few levels, but I did very much enjoy the game. Not a Halo beater though, but you lot probably gathered that a while back...

Vashu

Gek54 said:
No halo killer but is it the best PS2 FPS?

Witout a doubt... Been playing the beta for a while, even looked at the SinglePlayer portion of it at a show here in Holland (yes, the country where Killzone is coming from! :p) and it's visuals are impressive to behold. No worries, this is the best FPS for the PS2, and it's controls are rather good too (though the movement speed in the betabuild, which is and old build could use some tweaks, but I am sure they worked on that by now).

Do NOT compare it to other FPS games, well, you can, to a certain degree. I mean, nothing can come close to the feeling I had when I kept playing Half-Life 1... :D

gmoran

I'm not convinced that multiformat mags will give it such a good score: OPM are pretty fair unless the game is viewed as "must have a good review"; but I think Killzone falls in that category. I'm hoping for a 7/10 score or higher in Edge.

However I'm expecting a solid game with impressive visuals, and which addresses some of the issues I have with FPS's making me feel disembodied (even the mighty Halo suffers from that).

Burger: have you played the final game? And if so har far did you get? I never thought Halo was that amazing until you meet the flood; after which it is amazing (IMO).

mashoutposse

Ante Up
COCKLES said:

I wonder if Halo uses the same engine as Oni...

Edit: Littleberu got to it first

Top Bottom