• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First photo from the set of 'WARCRAFT'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookje

warcraftset1.jpg

The latest issue of Empire (via BuzzHub) has given us our very first look at the set for the upcoming Warcraft movie, which is currently filming in Vancouver. Featuring director Duncan Jones watching his actors work, you can check it out below!

Set to star Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Toby Kebbell, Rob Kazinsky, Dominic Cooper, Daniel Wu, Clancy Brown, Warcraft will open in 2D and 3D theaters on March 11, 2016.

Source

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Oh god! This is actually being made?

Did they ever release the Asteroids movie based on the game?

Loxley

I have to admit...it's pretty cool seeing the Alliance crest in a live-action setting. Even if it's just a tiny blip in the background. Also, given the blue and silver armor of the guards, plus the apparently circular architecture of the set and the distinctly Alliance crests in the background - it's very likely that's the Stormwind throne room.

R3umswu.jpg

YDJQy2a.jpg

Ridli

Ugh, I did not think I'd care but just that tiny peek at the throne room is making me nostalgic. That looks like it *might* be a SW guard in the left monitor but I'm not used to their armor being, you know, metal.

Edit, haha there is a bigger close up of the guard amour in the left side of the pic. I was focused on the monitors.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm worried that by being so true to the source material, it'll come off as corny.

But then, isn't that the complaint for most adaptations, it diverts too much from it's original medium?

Maybe dudes in giant pauldrons in a cartoon-like fantasy world won't make such a good movie.

Knox

They need to rethink the costumes. Where are their giant shoulder pads?

edit: So many shoulder armor jokes

Arozay

I was hoping the movie would just be people acting in front of green-screened screenshots of the game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is going to be so cringeworthy. Seriously, D&D movie all over.

I'm assuming the plot is (WARCRAFT III/FROZEN THRONE spolier)
Arthas becoming the Lich King and destroying his homeland
because that's the most gripping plot thread in all of Blizzard?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. First contact with orcs, Anduin Lothar vs Blackhand.

It's the first war between humans and Orcs. I don't know anything about WoW lore though so someone else can be more specific. There's a reason they're just calling this just "Warcraft" as opposed to "World of Warcraft".

EDIT: Beaten

One word: Cloaks.

Edit:

I can see them so the events of Warcraft 1 and 2 and keep Arthas as the juicy sequel.

They can do the lead up to Arthas' trip to Northrend as the first film, and end it on a cliffhanger.

In fact, the most logical thing to do would be to do WCIII as a trilogy, but I'm pretty sure they're going to focus on humans and elves because audiences are too inept to watch Orcs that aren't dumb do cool shit.

Thrall/Doomhammer/Lord of the Clans movie plox.

Wasn't Sam Raimi supposed to direct?

And now he isn't, thank god.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm expecting this movie to retcon a whole bunch of lore so Blizzard can advertise Pandarens some more

Hur hur dur duh hur, did you just come up with that just right now? They already made a warcraft movie it's called Kung-Fu Panda amirite?

=|

If anything it's a giant ad for the new orc focused expansion coming later this year that will probably be current when the movie releases.

They can do the lead up to Arthas' trip to Northrend as the first film, and end it on a cliffhanger.

In fact, the most logical thing to do would be to do WCIII as a trilogy, but I'm pretty sure they're going to focus on humans and elves because audiences are too inept to watch Orcs that aren't dumb do cool shit.

Thrall/Doomhammer/Lord of the Clans movie plox.

They talked about it at the last blizzcon, its the first war.

Have faith in this because Duncan Jones. Moon and Source Code were two of my favourite movies the past few years. Even though Source Code falls apart when actually start thinking about how everything in that movie works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom