• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First photo from the set of 'WARCRAFT'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I swear to god, i'm going to love this movie purely because anything that reminds me of the good times I had in WoW stimulates pleasure centers in my brain.

I'm hearing the Stormwind music in my head right now. I don't care if this movie is any good, I still desperately want to see it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
IIRC they wanted to go for a story that depicted The Alliance and The Horde as two combatting parties, not a good guy/bad guy scenario.
I like the sounds of that, particularly since the game is divided between players on both sides. All the factions have lots of history that would be great to explore.

xenist

I swear to god, i'm going to love this movie purely because anything that reminds me of the good times I had in WoW stimulates pleasure centers in my brain.

I'm hearing the Stormwind music in my head right now. I don't care if this movie is any good, I still desperately want to see it.

If the movie has a scene of you walking through the gates for the first time as the Stormwind music starts playing I'll be good.

bengraven

I have to admit...it's pretty cool seeing the Alliance crest in a live-action setting. Even if it's just a tiny blip in the background.

This had me excited too, seeing that little shield on the wall back in the blurry background.

That said, I'm still worried about this film.

What are the guys supposed to be dressed like? I've never played Warcraft.

InGSNBJ.jpg

jmood88

I really hope that this movie ends up being worth him skipping a sequel to Moon. I've never played WoW so I have no idea what the story is and I'm typically not interested in fantasy bullshit but I'll go see it since he's making it.

deleted

I'm interested if they manage to translate WarCrafts visual identity into a live action movie. The architecture and armor was awesome in WC3 and I like a lot of what WoW looks like (didn't play since the beta).

So this is just Orcs vs Humans? No dwarfs, no elvs, no tauren?

And the worst case scenario is something like Dungeon Siege - In the name of the King, which was almost as unintentionally hilarious as D&D.

I always tell friends when they say "did you here? X movie is being made!," that I won't believe it until I see pics of people on the actual damn set

…yeah, can't believe this is actually happening.

Obscura

It was supposed to be December 2015 but then Star Wars planted its flag there and I'm sure they want to make money off of this movie.

It doesn't need to be released almost half a year later in order to do that.

It's probably so they have the time to do re-shoots after it bombs at test screenings.

It doesn't need to be released almost half a year later in order to do that.

It's probably so they have the time to do re-shoots after it bombs at test screenings.

It's only 3 months and January and February are historically not a good time to release a big blockbuster unless you think it's crap and can take the loss. Stuff like The Lego Movie is an exception (and only cost 60 million).

Saucy_XL

Banned
My heart says yes but my body says no pls....

There are actually a lot of redeemable plots and stories within the games and books (that are marketable too). I really hope they respect the original works enough to stick to them.

Also really curious how they divide the story for each movie (assuming more get made) and what parts they focus on. I am anticipating some dumbing down of the story. Not sure how much the Burning Legion, Titans, Old Gods, etc will make it in. The deeper lore/history will likely be left out as was the case for the LOTR trilogy.

Also how are they going to make the transition from Orcs vs Humans to Arthas's storyline? If he only makes an appearance at the end of the first movie it seems hard for the general audience to get excited about a (seemingly) completely new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom