• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flight Sim 2024: The Many Enhancements That Make This the Most Ambitious Flight Sim Ever

Lux77

Oh wow at this Steam prices..

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Standard Edition - Pre-Order
79,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Deluxe Edition - Pre-Order
109,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Premium Deluxe Edition - Pre-Order
139,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Aviator Edition - Pre-Order
219,99€

calistan

Oh wow at this Steam prices..

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Standard Edition - Pre-Order
79,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Deluxe Edition - Pre-Order
109,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Premium Deluxe Edition - Pre-Order
139,99€

Pre-Purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Aviator Edition - Pre-Order
219,99€
It's not that bad for a flight sim. Basically on a par with the last version, except for the Aviator editon which includes a load of payware aircraft from last time. The most I paid for a single aircraft was about $60, but I'd imagine this will just be a bunch of cheap ones.

Considering how much was in the 2020 version and how much they kept adding for free over the years, I don't think there's any point getting any of the enhanced editions this time. Assuming it works the same way...

StereoVsn

It's not that bad for a flight sim. Basically on a par with the last version, except for the Aviator editon which includes a load of payware aircraft from last time. The most I paid for a single aircraft was about $60, but I'd imagine this will just be a bunch of cheap ones.

Considering how much was in the 2020 version and how much they kept adding for free over the years, I don't think there's any point getting any of the enhanced editions this time. Assuming it works the same way...
IMO, it’s still too much but considering a lot of their audience has multi-thousand $/€/£ setups for controls/cockpit I don’t think MS cares.

And you don’t really need the super Uber expensive editions in any case.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
IMO, it’s still too much but considering a lot of their audience has multi-thousand $/€/£ setups for controls/cockpit I don’t think MS cares.

Standard edition comes with almost everything you need anyway

DCS plane and map modules laugh at these prices (they're fucking crazy though, not a suggestion for MS to folllow)

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

calistan

Flight sims are a money pit. Compare it to Prepar3d, which is currently $60 for the Personal version, $350 for the Professional version, and $2,750 for Professional Plus.

The Personal version used to be called Academic, and to buy it you had to agree that you were using it for study purposes. Then you'd have to put up with red text saying Academic License in the corner of the screen. Don't know if the cheapest version still does this, I haven't bought it in a while.

Top Bottom