• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flight Simulator on XBOX Series S without GamePass

angelgs90

I'm not interested in GamePass, just want to get the cheapest platform to run FS 2020 (I don't own a cappable PC nor XBOX console).

If I buy a Series S, and then buy the game, will I get all the features? Or is GamePass essential to get all the content?

Thanks!

Resenge

I'm not interested in GamePass, just want to get the cheapest platform to run FS 2020 (I don't own a cappable PC nor XBOX console).

If I buy a Series S, and then buy the game, will I get all the features? Or is GamePass essential to get all the content?

Thanks!
If you are wanting the cheapest way to play, have you thought about cloud gaming?

Last edited:

Chukhopops

You will get all the features but I doubt you can fit all the world updates at once on the XSS hard drive, so you may have to choose.

Also it would make sense to wait for the new version (2024) before purchasing but that’s up to you.

angelgs90

As the other guy said, You might need to get the 1or 2 TB card upgrade to download the whole thing onto the system.
Ok... there is the option of the 1TB Series S in that case (the black color one).

Yes, 512GB nowadays it's literally nothing unfortunately.

DaGwaphics

The full game is supported natively on XSS. Maybe look for a used one to get the best value. You have about 300GB available on the base model, which should be enough for the FS base game (150GB max) and some expansion beyond that.

StereoVsn

Hummm, having the possibility of buying FS 2020 (or 2024) physically is tempting.
Yeah, that’s by far better option. Get used or refurb from eBay, Amazon, they are going a lot lower vs $500 retail MSRP.

You will get a lot better graphics, physical games and movies capability, double the storage and more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Thanks!

Yes.

If you buy the full retail game, you will get the full retail game.

You do not need GamePass to play owned games.

You have 3 versions to buy so if its the cheapest version, that is the same as the one on the gamepass. Premium just gives you more aircrafts. I play regularly on my XsX and runs great but XsS is a totally different story. Just the free world updates with the base game are like 300GB...it does struggle and stutter, you can read about it online. Unless you cant play it on XsX or the PC, just forget it otherwise you are just going to be annoyed. The map distance loads much slower than on the X, kills the immersion.

In november a new FS is coming out so you can either wait for that (lots of new cool stuff added) or get this one which is on sale quite often nowadays.

Last edited:

angelgs90

You have 3 versions to buy so if its the cheapest version, that is the same as the one on the gamepass. Premium just gives you more aircrafts. I play regularly on my XsX and runs great but XsS is a totally different story. Just the free world updates with the base game are like 300GB...it does struggle and stutter, you can read about it online. Unless you cant play it on XsX or the PC, just forget it otherwise you are just going to be annoyed. The map distance loads much slower than on the X, kills the immersion.

In november a new FS is coming out so you can either wait for that (lots of new cool stuff added) or get this one which is on sale quite often nowadays.
Ok... Series S discarded then. Thanks!

Game pass is not essential to anything, it's just a subscription for retail games, there's no game exclusive features or content behind game pass; you buy the game you get the exact same thing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The fact this question is being asked shows how confusing console gaming is getting.

Resenge

I might be wrong but I thought the game was designed to have world assets streamed in from the cloud as you play.
Its basically netflix, streaming a video that you control. You dont download any game.

You do need a good connection to take advantage of it, or its unplayable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom