• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flint official blames water crisis on f*cking n*****s’ who ‘don’t pay their bills’

Spladam

An official with a publicly funded land bank in Flint, Michigan, blamed the city’s water crisis on “f*cking n*****s” who fail to pay their bills. RawStory article.

Phil Stair Full Excerpt Youtube.

Audio recordings made by an environmental activist appear to show Phil Stair, sales manager for the Genesee County Land Bank, using racial slurs and blaming poor residents for rising water costs, reported Truth Against The Machine.

“Flint has the same problems as Detroit — f*cking n*****s don’t pay their bills,” Stair says on the recording, which was made May 26 during a conversation with environmental activist and independent journalist Chelsea Lyons.

Stair was driving to a restaurant with Lyons and another person when the recordings were made, according to the blog.

“I don’t want to call them n*****s, sh*t I just went to Myrtle Beach (with) 24 guys, and I was the only white guy,” Stair said. “I got friends — I mean, there’s trash and there’s people that do this sh*t. They just don’t pay their bills. Well, Detroit, didn’t collect on their bills, so they charged everybody else, but Flint, Flint had to pay their bill to Detroit.”

Stair is a government employee through the land bank, which is described on its website as a “non-profit government organization.”

He claimed the city, which is 56 percent black, was forced to begin using contaminated water from the Flint River after Detroit raised prices to account for its own unpaid water bills.

Emails show Detroit offered significant price reductions to Flint in hopes of keeping its largest water customer, after an emergency manager appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder decided to switch Flint over to its own water supply.

Flint officials also pulled millions of dollars from the city’s water and sewage fund to its insolvent general fund.

Stair told the activist and reporter that he was the land bank’s first employee, and he claimed he was personally hired by now-Rep. Dan Kildee (D-MI), who was then Genesee County treasurer.

Kildee responded to the report about Stair’s recorded statements by calling for his immediate removal.

"I don’t want to call them n*****s, sh*t I just went to Myrtle Beach (with) 24 guys, and I was the only white guy,” Stair said

I don't know what the bragging about a massive gangbang has anything to do with this.

Magwik

Banned
Here's reminder #246 that Flint has been allowed to suffer because it's majority black. I mean sure the dude probably won't have his job tomorrow, but really, the government in charge doesn't give a shit. Hell most of the public seems to have stopped giving a shit a long time ago.

McLovin

Why would anyone pay for poison? They are lucky every government employee involved, and the water companies management/owners arent in jail.

NeonBlack

You can't say you don't wanna call them niggas and then proceed to call them niggas. Then add the black friends modifier for safe measure.

Parshias7

Dude, it's fine. He said he really didn't want to use the N word. They forced his hand! If anything, this is racism against white people.

/s

Tripolygon

Banned
You can't say you don't wanna call them nigg(ers) and then proceed to call them nigg(ers). Then add the black friends modifier four safe measure.
Umm, there is a difference between the as word and its use and er version.

On topic, its par for the course to blame the black guy for anything that is wrong in America. SMH

You know, for some reason, I'm not inclined to believe that this guy just went on a vacation with 24 of his closest friends, all of whom are Black.

Valhelm

contribute something
Commentary like this should be prosecutable for civil servants. If you hold your own constituents with this contempt, you're a threat to their well-being.

Koomaster

Maybe stop looking where to place blame and figure out how to fix this. Can't believe these people have been without drinkable water for over 3 years now. Like is anything being done to resolve this?

If you read the OP, they have brown water because they didn't want to pay to use Detroit's clean water (according to this guy).
Which is 100% bullshit because the decision to switch away from Detroit city water was made my the emergency manager Rick Snyder's administration strong-armed onto Flint and not at all a decision the people of Flint made for themselves or had any choice in whatsoever.

Dude deserves a sledge to the crotch before proceeding to any other necessary action.

Wildman addressed the county Board of Commissioners Monday morning, saying she accepted Stair's resignation and apologized for his remarks.

"I am deeply troubled by (the statements)," she said. "The citizens of Flint deserve to have trust in their public officials."

How about people stop apologizing and regretting and just build that city's legislature from scratch with actual progressives so that the citizens can go back to living like humans instead of fucking animals who have to journey to find fresh water. All this goddamn story has been since it started is people in positions of authority passing the buck, veiled and overt racism and bullshit statements about doing better while Flint residents continue to have to struggle. This should a shame, a fucking rotten gross blight on the face of the United States, yet it's now an issue that has continued for years that still has individuals like this involved.

WedgeX

Banned
Thread title should read "Michigan official" since he's an employee of the state and not of the city.

But goes to show how some in the state, and those in charge in recent history, feel about the cities.

Leatherface

I know it shouldn't surprise me at this point, but WTF is wrong with people where they think this is okay enough to just let the racist slurs glide off the tongue like it's everyday speech? Did this guy honestly think this wouldn't catch up to him eventually? Damn.

Also, the whole Flint situation is a fucking embarrassment of epic proportions. To knowingly use contaminated water to keep costs down should mean serious fucking prison sentences.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I know it shouldn't surprise me at this point, but WTF is wrong with people where they think this is okay enough where the racist slurs just glide off the tongue like it's everyday speech? Did this guy honestly think this wouldn't catch up to him eventually? Damn.

Trump and his ilk have emboldened racists to not feel fear of consequences

Tripolygon

Banned
Yea, but a white guy using it in either manner didn't excuse what he says.
While that may be true, i'm just pointing out that he most certainly did not use niggas but niggers. I'm not here to debate the merit of white people using the word in either context, i'm just pointing out that when ever a white person has used the word to describe black people, it most certainly meant to denigrate hence “I don’t want to call them niggers" and "fucking niggers don’t pay their bills”.

Damn, wasted no time to going to "my black friends." Gotta be a record.

The best part is he did that AND then in the same sentence said black people are trash and then in Flint they are worst than trash. Like, the "some of my friends" defense is usually to try and prove you arent X (racist, homophobic, sexist, whatever) and you dont like exponential down on X.

Madness

He's not racist. He just came from Myrtle Beach with his black friends and was the only white guy there, why don't 'you people' understand...

Somnid

Finally, someone tells it like it really is, I'm glad we can stop beating around the bush:
Michigan officials have bias issues with black people.

“I don’t want to call them n*****s, sh*t I just went to Myrtle Beach (with) 24 guys, and I was the only white guy,"

Ah, the good old "I have black friends" excuse.

FUCK YOU, IGNORANT FUCK.

Top Bottom