• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man Says His Galaxy Note 7 Exploded and Set His Jeep on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't returned mine yet because I'm waiting to be able to swap because I want to be able to get a non blowing up Note 7. It is however turned off and I'm using an old LG G4 until I find out I can do so.

I like how people continue to use this phone, even after stories and incidents that keep coming to light. I'm not going to take that chance, but you know, phone wars. And yes, people are stupid and do commit insurance fraud, but people also hold onto phones that have been recalled for exploding batteries.

And when I think about it, some of you people holding onto these phones and saying "mine has been fine" are also putting others at risk, like with public transportation or air travel.

it was already plugged in and charging, so if he was going to get back in the car and drive somewhere... why would he forget the phone in his car and go back for it?

All right, fair enough. I just don't get people questioning the man? Maybe he just forgot it or isn't as obsessed with checking his phone as often as other people then? There's nothing 'suspicious' about his behavior.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Sung people just want to watch the world burn.

7B5vYcQ.gif

AlphaDump

Gold Member
All right, fair enough. I just don't get people questioning the man? Maybe he just forgot it or isn't as obsessed with checking his phone as often as other people then? There's nothing 'suspicious' about his behavior.

If i leave my car parked with it running, phone charging inside, with the intent to drive off once I get back to it, I am not going back for my phone in the car. I am going back to the car to drive off.

It reads funny. You even said fair enough, so wouldn't that validate my questions?

If i leave my car parked with it running, phone charging inside, with the intent to drive off once I get back to it, I am not going back for my phone in the car. I am going back to the car to drive off.

It reads funny. You even said fair enough, so wouldn't that validate my questions?

Human gonna human is my point. I don't even question half of the crazy threads here on GAF with odd behaviours; dude wanks in the same room as his sis, couple name their kid Kale Brecken and people eating pineapple pizza. There's always someone out there that strays from the norm.

Starviper

Human gonna human is my point. I don't even question half of the crazy threads here on GAF with odd behaviours; dude wanks in the same room as his sis, couple name their kid Kale Brecken and people eating pineapple pizza. There's always someone out there that strays from the norm.

Wait what's wrong with pineapple pizza?

Do we know if this is legit? That seems like a massive fire for a phone.

Granted, I'm no expert on fires, cars, or lithium batteries...

doesn't take a whole lot honestly.

True story, I was driving in a late 90s geo metro once, and noticed the cigarette lighter was out and rolling around. I stuck it back in to fix it. (pushing it in of course, activates the lighter, heating it up).

I hit a bump a mile or so down the road, the lighter pops out and rolls under the passenger seat.

5 minutes later the entire car is a towering inferno, exactly like in the OP. The insurance adjuster was amazed I survived.

neoemonk

My wife and I went in to do the recall at the Verizon store on Tuesday and the rep there said the battery problem only occurred within the first few days and since it hadn't happened to the phone yet we didn't have anything to worry about.

This was after he had to check to see if we could even do the recall since we threw the box away already.

He explained that it's not even an official recall, but rather a voluntary one and there was nothing to worry about.

Recalled Samsung Note 7 possible cause of Horry County house fire

Samsung finally explained why Galaxy Note 7 batteries are exploding
And people say Texans are nuts. Why wouldn't you return it ASAP?
It's voluntary recall and it just started, the guy's post is also three days old and the recall was only just announced a few days before that wasn't it? Possible he didn't get the news yet.

EDIT: Yeah, he says in the FB comments in his post that he didn't know because they don't have TV (or well cable) and didn't see the news on the internet. Hell, if it wasn't for seeing the topic about the recall I wouldn't know about it either.
Do we know if this is legit? That seems like a massive fire for a phone.

Granted, I'm no expert on fires, cars, or lithium batteries...
People making batteries explode because it's fun (it gets views) I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMy2_qNO2Y0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMupt_sTf0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebU6ZKA9oI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcpANRFrI4
There's a lot of them...
Leaves phone in car on a sunny day while charging. What could go wrong?

His AC was on and we don't know if the phone was in direct sunlight.

numble

He was taking a desk inside so he left his phone to charge in the car..........hmmmm.

What is suspicious about dropping off a purchase and leaving the car running?

We go to a garage sale to grab a desk for Bonnie get back to the house unload the car leave it running AC on to keep the car cool we were planning on grabbing the dog and Bonnie and heading to Petco

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Surprise twist - he stole the jeep and didn't notice that the meth shadow people had set it on fire because he was too busy sexting his sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom