• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fluidity / Hydroventure |OT| It's Like Metroid But With Water

fabprems

Allan Holdsworth said:
Just finished with 89 drops and 58 jiggies. Great game.
But... doesn't this game have the decency to tell you in which area the missing puzzle pieces are? No way I'm going to find them otherwise.
Yep, same here, I've no idea where to find the 4 last puzzle pieces :/

The director of Curves Studio revealed on twitter :
Fluidiy has an average play time of *8hrs 54mins*, average play sessions of 1hr 36mins. Those are amazing stats!
http://twitter.com/#!/onebitbeyond/status/35303428125102080

On other news they released today Explodemon for PSN, check it out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4avuT6S9oQ&feature=youtu.be

Schlomo

Thanks for pulling this thread back up! I had completely missed this game. From what I'm reading here, it's right up my alley.

BARKSTAR

Banned
Ok going through the last chapter of this now and still visiting other chapters to collect rainbow drops that were previously unobtainable due to not having the necessary power ups to access them.

If anybody is still on the fence about getting this but is even in the slightest way interested in it then I strongly advise you go get this now. It has been absolutely superb and you get a huge amount of game for the asking price. One of Wiiware's finest for sure and I hate the thought of it going largely unnoticed. Go give it a try now Gaf, it really is superb!

The Hermit

I am in love with this game...seriously!

I only have one hability (gather) that makes plataforming much easier, I really can't wait to see the rest.

gblues

Banned
The game deserves all the high marks it's received. I agree with most of it.

IMO, though, the end game sort of falls apart as the goals require very precise control of your water and you start hitting the limits of the wii's tilt sensor precision. The game also doesn't always make it clear what areas are supposed to be done with what abilities, which led to a lot of frustration trying to do things the "wrong" way. Sequence breaking shouldn't happen unintentionally!

Just finished this game. Highly recommended. Great palate cleanser after sessions of more intense gaming. I do wish the music in the first few levels wasn't so sleep inducing though...

Hope Curve gets to make another one - would work great on 3DS.

Mr. Spinnington said:
i'm waiting for amirox to preach law on this game's fate so that i know what to do
Err, I don't think waiting for the impressions of a self-professed Wii hater is the best strategy. If you like physics-based platforming puzzles then you'll love it, it's simply one of the best games of its type.

Six drops in and I'm starting to get the hang of this and am really starting to like this game a lot -- especially figuring out how to solve the puzzles.

Man I'm addicted to this game. The music from level 1 keeps running through my mind.

36 Drops and 22 puzzle pieces in. On Chapter 3.

Bryan1321

Banned
So its worth the 1200 points.. i mean 300 more and ill have world of goo

But they look so diferent.....

PLayed both demos, liked both, cant decide

Bryan1321 said:

Definitely worth it. The controls take getting used to, but this game is really good and it has a lot of charm. I think for 1,200 Wii Points it's a steal.

Yuterald

I LOVED this game. It has the charm and feel of a first party Nintendo title. I downloaded it earlier this summer and collected everything at 100%. It was so much fun.

mclem

Bryan1321 said:

I'd regard that as a wash. Both are great. Hydroventure lasted me a little longer, World of Goo was a little more emotional.

If at all possible, find a way to get both!

Just unlocked Chapter 4 and got all the powers. Then went back and 100% Chapter 1. Loving this so much. I wonder if the game sold well. It deserves to.

Shiggy said:
http://puddle-game.com/
That feels like a prototype for Fluidity - try it ;)

The logo looks too similar to Fluidity's even though the gameplay may be different. Is it by Curve?

Shiggy

Mockingbird said:
J
The logo looks too similar to Fluidity's even though the gameplay may be different. Is it by Curve?

huh
When I put up that site it was a game from students at enjimin. I even still have it on my PC. The logo was made after Fluidity was released, probably for E3 2011.

Shiggy said:
huh
When I put up that site it was a game from students at enjimin. I even still have it on my PC. The logo was made after Fluidity was released, probably for E3 2011.

Blame marketing, I suppose.

Now I have 70 Rainbow Drops and 50 Puzzle Pieces. Chapters 1, 2, and 3 are 100% complete. One more chapter to go! Loving every moment of this. Total playtime is a bit over 12 hours now.

Just beat it 100% all 89 rainbow drops and all 60 puzzle pieces! Total playtime was 17 hours and 21 minutes. This is one of the best games on the Wii! Buy it if you haven't yet! It has lots of charm, addicting gameplay, just the right level of challenge and awesome music.

drspeedy

Antique thread resurrection, and it might already be discussed in the other thread, but anyone else download this from Club Nintendo? For 150 points it seems like a steal...

zigg

Antique thread resurrection, and it might already be discussed in the other thread, but anyone else download this from Club Nintendo? For 150 points it seems like a steal...
It is. Really good game, provided you don't have an aversion to tilt controls.

Shiggy

Finally downloaded this one in order to not having to return to Skyward Sword ;)
Just like in the initial demo, it seems like a fun concept. I wonder how much the title will offer.

Top Bottom