• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Jack cw

I'm just tired of that whole shit and I don't really understand it. The guys writing that stuff must either be Bayern fans who are desperate for a rival or just out of touch with reality.

We are not competing with Bayern, the teams we are competing with are Schlacke and Leverkusen, this season also Gladbach and Wolfsburg. We can't spend as much money as Bayern does, just look at the big fucking squad that Bayern has. And then people are like "You just spent 50m on new players, stop acting like you have no money" while completely ignoring the fact that 37m of those 50m are coming from Bayern and we actually spent very little money (when you consider the money we got for Perisic, Santana, Bittencourt, etc).

The fact that we competed very well with Bayern in the last years (especially in 11/12) is all thanks to one of the best coach staffs today, great transfers in the past, amazing player developments and a bit of luck with injuries. That all resulted in Bayern building the most likely best squad in current football and over a whole Bundesliga season, we can't compete with that. Especially when we're so fucking unlucky with injuries.

You don't even have to look close, our complete defensive part of the team is/was fucked this season. Piszczek just came back and isn't in a good form, Hummels is out, Subotic is out for the rest of the season, Schmelzer is out and Gündogan has been out for the whole season. That's 5 of 11 players, all of them would play every single match if they could, that's how important they are. Sorry we can't keep up with Bayern, Germany, but what the hell do you expect from us?

And then people are saying our transfers has been shit. Sokratis is an amazing backup as CB, actually more than just backup. Aubameyang has already scored 10 goals for us and Micky has showed more than a few times that he can decide matches on his own. You can't expect them to blow everything away when they have to settle in a team which has trouble with replacing the whole defensive part and finding itself, even with players that have been at BVB for some time now.

I don't even know why I'm writing that but fuck you Germany, go suck on Löw's cock until he fucks it up again next year.
Great post!
Agree with everything you say. I admit that I'm still a bit hurt about the two years you were better than us but this is obvious fan culture. What the media here in Germany made out of it is really annoying as hell.

GQman2121

Banned
It's a shame Van Ginkel got injured because you'd think he'd be featuring a lot right now. Honestly, Lampard just isn't good enough to play the majority of a Premier League match at the moment. It's not that he has no uses, or he isn't an intelligent player, but he gets outmuscled and outpaced far too easily in the middle.

Oscar-NEW CM-Ramires
Hazard-Lukaku-Mata

looks good though

If we could just turn the clocks back on Essien's health, we'd be untouchable with that lineup!

TrueBlue

It's a shame Van Ginkel got injured because you'd think he'd be featuring a lot right now. Honestly, Lampard just isn't good enough to play the majority of a Premier League match at the moment. It's not that he has no uses, or he isn't an intelligent player, but he gets outmuscled and outpaced far too easily in the middle.

Oscar-NEW CM-Ramires
Hazard-Lukaku-Mata

looks good though

Agreed, a new CM is needed. Essien is past it and Lamps and MIkel aren't goond enough at the moment, nor do they give us what we need.

Triple sub. Wenger has adapted my fm tactic.

Fuck you wooden

Wj5WlpD.png

Top Bottom