• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

cremino

Don't worry, Melissa is here

sure.gif

She is Elisabetta Canalis

rvy

Banned
Well, it sure as shit ain't Messi. I would know, I wasted 30 mins of my life trying to give the PS4 demo a chance.

Discussion point: we should be building our future around Sakho, Coutinho and Suarez. Come next summer, we must find a way of getting Coutinho a position in the middle, with Suarez and Sturridge ahead of him. Assuming Suarez's release clause isn't activated

3 main players if we hope to get anything from City: Sakho, Lucas and Suarez

Clegg

Neville says Arsenal are weak defending the wings so they've picked Walcott and Rosicky to counteract that problem. But Carragher thinks it may have left them a bit exposed through the middle.

Neville says Arsenal are weak defending the wings so they've picked Walcott and Rosicky to counteract that problem. But Carragher thinks it may have left them a bit exposed through the middle.

It was the middle where City absolutely reamed them. None of them even tried protecting the back 4.

L1NETT

Don't agree with Cara at all Re: that Clegg. Neville is bang on with Cazorla and Wilshere, both so poor defensively (but again, not that type of player).

And Ramires, Mikel and Lampard gonna dominate Ramsey, Arteta and Ozil? Do me a favour.

City have Yaya and Fernandinho. Both strong quick units. Mikel and Lampard? Please.

Sky build up highlighting some interesting matchups.

Yup, Neville Chamberlin and Cara best in the business.

Feorax

Discussion point: we should be building our future around Sakho, Coutinho and Suarez. Come next summer, we must find a way of getting Coutinho a position in the middle, with Suarez and Sturridge ahead of him. Assuming Suarez's release clause isn't activated

3 main players if we hope to get anything from City: Sakho, Lucas and Suarez

In theory, we should have Coutinho playing behind Sturridge/Suarez (maybe both), with Henderson as one of the two in centre midfield. Problem is, that means dropping one of Gerrard or Lucas, which Rodgers seems very reluctant to do when they are fit.

Clegg

He didn't say exposed.

Carragher said our midfield has struggled with physical players in the past few games.
I assumed he was intimating that Arsenal could find themselves exposed/overpowered by Chelsea's midfield. Not that I agree with him exactly.

Yen

In theory, we should have Coutinho playing behind Sturridge/Suarez (maybe both), with Henderson as one of the two in centre midfield. Problem is, that means dropping one of Gerrard or Lucas, which Rodgers seems very reluctant to do when they are fit.

I think an asymetrical 433 or 442 is the way to go. Our system is very fluid as it is, so whilst Coutinho starts out wide, often he's a centre mid, never mind the hole.
I think Rodgers' vision for 433 is very similar to Pep's Barca side circa 09 - the central striker withdrawn (Suarez/Messi), one wide player more advanced than that and cutting in centrally, almost acting as a striker (recently Sterling/Pedro). If we are going to continue with 433, Sturridge would have to take that Sterling role.

Top Bottom