• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

omgkitty

Ozil's gonna beast tonight, I can feel it.

Should I go straight in with Manual on FIFA or start off with the default settings and move up as I get better?

I would just go straight into manual. I just play on normal settings and when I go to my friends house he has fucking manual crossing on, so I can never fucking score from crosses. Might as well just get used to it.

Randdalf

1469924_678193035547615_1413153050_n.jpg

Given how dire we were on Saturday, not really surprised.

Hixx

Ozil's gonna beast tonight, I can feel it.

Should I go straight in with Manual on FIFA or start off with the default settings and move up as I get better?

If you are going to play primarily online, which you should, don't bother with manual. Nobody uses it online you will just be handicapping yourself.

If you are going to play primarily online, which you should, don't bother with manual. Nobody uses it online you will just be handicapping yourself.

Oh, I thought most people used manual online and you could set a filter to only play against other people using manual. Does it still have the problem of Madrid and Barca (and probably Munich now) being far too popular in random matches?

Barzul

---------------------------Szczesny---------------------
Sagna-------Mertesacker-Vermaelen-----Gibbs
---------------------Flamini-----Ramsey---------------
Walcott--------------------Ozil-----------------Cazorla
-----------------------------Giroud---------------------------

pray for Arsenal

Where did you get that team selection? I'd have Arteta in for Flamini. Especially with Vermaelen starting.

Hixx

Oh, I thought most people used manual online and you could set a filter to only play against other people using manual. Does it still have the problem of Madrid and Barca (and probably Munich now) being far too popular in random matches?

It matches you with similarly rated teams. If you pick 5* teams, yeah, you're going to get Madrid and Bayern all the time. But 4 star and MAYBE 4.5 star are quite varied.

Manual players are in a tiny minority.

--

For the derby up at the Wongadome you are only allowed a ticket if you use official travel. All because THEY smashed up their own town again. If you don't use the official travel, they are saying you will be banned from away games in future.

Football supporters get treated like absolute shit.

ReRixo

Banned
Freak goals galore.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea lost. Arsenal are a different beast this season.

Arsenal are exactly what they were during the second half of last season. Consistently good, but never anything special. Chelsea should win this, but they might not because Mourinho is trash.
EPL
Bundesliga

so basically bundesliga is best liga

Fergie

Banned
December 23 – UEFA has enforced its Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules with sanctions of fines and exclusion from European competitions for five clubs and a reprimand for a sixth. The sanctions all relate to overdue payments and were handed down by the UEFA Club Financial Control Body's adjudicatory chamber.

The clubs hardest hit are Skonto FC, FC Petrolul Ploieşti and FC Metalurh Donetsk.

Latvia's Skonto FC is excluded from the next UEFA club competition it qualifies for within the next three seasons. The sanction will be suspended if the club is able to prove by 31 January 2014 that it has paid the amounts due on 30 September 2013. The club has also been fined €40,000.

FC Petrolul Ploieşti froim Romania is also is excluded from participating in the next excluded from the next UEFA club competition it qualifies for within the next three seasons.unless it can prove by 31 January 2014 that it has settled outstanding amounts due on 30 September 2013. The club has been fined €50,000.

Ukraine's FC Metalurh Donetsk has received exactly the same sanction but a higher fine of €80,000.

The decisions of the CFCB adjudicatory chamber are as follows:

Poland's WKS Śląsk Wrocław has been fined €20,000, CS Pandurii Târgu Jiu from Romania has been fined €40,000 while Portugal's Vitória SC has been given a reprimand.

The UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) adjudicatory chamber, is chaired by José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, and took these decisions following the cases being referred to it by the CFCB chief investigator.

L1NETT

James Tomkins acting like a top essex "lad" I see.

Muppet.

I won some fancy olives in a Christmas raffle last week. I've just ate them all in one sitting and now I feel a bit weird.

Am I going to die?

Ah the old one more Olive fiasco. Addictive little buggers.

Just fart it out.

Mastadon

Banned
I won some fancy olives in a Christmas raffle last week. I've just ate them all in one sitting and now I feel a bit weird.

Am I going to die?

Mastadon

Banned
Yep, don't dare stepping into them. Found dabbling in Starcraft 2 bad enough.

Gonna stick to Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, much safer bets :)

Super Competitive gaming frightens me.

Yeah it's crazy. Don't mind solo stuff like SC too much, but hate letting a team down :p

Kop Kids video was cute. Suarez seems nice.

Now that his English is good enough, prepare for a PR offensive the likes of which have never been seen before. Everyone at the club has always gone on about how nice he is off the pitch, and now that subtitles aren't needed, there will bea flood of interviews as we try to consign the cuntitude to the past.

His behaviour has been pretty much immaculate this season. Annoying really, as it implies that he could have suppressed it from the start, and it has come with an improvement in form.

Yen

From the looks of that map it has Northern Ireland as a soccer country. Only people I hear call football soccer are the most hardcore of Gaelic fans.

P.S. Gaelic is shite ;)

I've only ever heard it be called Football in Northern Ireland.

Don't know why we are blue.

I'd say they are just being lazy and including NI in Ireland. That being said, I probably call it soccer half the time, but I live in a gaelic-mad West.

His form lately is a strange one.

Is he a one season wonder or just a bad bit of form?

Thought he was gonna have another great season considering how he started this one.

You mean those two penalties?

:p

One season wonder I think. Seems to have a pretty bad attitudr judging from reports of his Villa performances since mid-September. Think he'll go on to be a solid striker ala Remy

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have no idea who to root for other than football, GO PREMIER LEAGUE

Walshy

You mean those two penalties?

:p

One season wonder I think. Seems to have a pretty bad attitudr judging from reports of his Villa performances since mid-September. Think he'll go on to be a solid striker ala Remy
He seems to have had injury problems, I've got a mate who supports Villa and he's said he's struggled to get full fitness this season.

5 in 14 is his record this season, not a bad return considering the problems he's had.

dalVlatko

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc
Team to face Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Torres. #CFC

Ramires on the wing, counter attacks all day

Top Bottom