• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Hey guys how are we doi-

rtIRPUS.gif

Absolutely dreadful between Skrtel and Eto'o goal. Offered nothing. Feels like Suarez has given the ball away more today than he did in the 5 games before

Really don't like having Agger at LB, for someone with such a great long pass, his crossing is unbelievably bad.

Midfield just isn't in the game. Pressing isn't working properly, and we're failing dismally to deal with it when we are pressed ourselves

GorillaJu

A very poor first half performance and a lucky goal don't give me much faith for the second half.

Think we're just gonna have to suck it up and admit defeat here. Hazard and Willian running us ragged. The difference in freshness between the two teams is staggering.

sohois

Chelsea just a bit too fit, too strong in the first half. Liverpool had began to reassert control after the first goal but then the second came along and knocked them back. Really just seeing the thin squad and the injuries here - again, with Enrique in the squad the second is never getting to Oscar, let alone Eto'o, and of course Sturridge would give a completely different outlet.

Still, chances are certainly there against this defence. Also can't help but feel that Chelsea overdid the pressing in the first half and will tire badly, even with their subs (of which they now only have 2 having lost Ivanovic). But it will be very tricky to turn this into a win.

Marc

Webb given some right soft FKs to Chelsea

Rodgers called out the refs for being the biased shits they are, so can expect some retribution from the reffing mafia.

Although I would say the ref is doing alright but the linesman are calling things poorly.

With all the evidence of ref bribes, do people think there are any premier league ref's that have been bought? Would be pretty arrogant to believe our country was beyond what has affected so many other countries.

arkon

This first half has already been far more entertaining than the entire Newcastle vs Arsenal game. Chelsea have been really good after that poor start. Liverpool have been overpowered but they still look like they can carve out chances. Shame I'll be missing parts of the second half. Fuck work :(

Also beating Yeovil 5-1. Good lord. Ward scoring two goals in three minutes. Is this real life?

L1NETT

Lee Novak got a couple as well no Arkon?

The shitbag. Rumours you want to buy Nahki Wells

Evidently you don't need him

FT 1-1 I'll take a point, but we should be beating Swindon. Sigh.

Marc

We're playing like its our 50th game of the season.

It's our 21st.

Plus they are all pretty young players, with some of these players having played very little (Allen/Sterling/Agger/Johnson/Suarez etc.) against a Chelsea team with a very old spine.

Don't think it is a valid excuse, I just think Chelsea are physically controlling the game better and Liverpool aren't responding with their passing. Just sloppy passing means you are chasing the game at all times.

Wow, Roman talked on TV! Seemed like a cool little program.

L1NETT

If we don't beat Notts County I'm gonna start a Kickstarter for a new midfielder.

Or just fucking loan somebody, how hard is it. Open--> Arsenal/Liverpool reserves---> Can we have him?--->done

Top Bottom