• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Walshy

Clearly Suarez gets judged on his reputation rather than the incident itself.

Sums up the refereeing standard in this country tbh.

Splatt

Wow, this ref. Allowing Hull to thug their way to goal.

--e--

which is what will happen, since cou and hendo can't score from clear chances...

Giroud's hold-up play is vital for Arsenal.
Watching Saints and it's the area where J Rod really lacks. Struggles to bring balls in and hold it up from what I've seen.

Good game this, probably should have been goals for both teams. Draw a fair result right now.

Expect Chelsea to use their squad in the second half and get the win, though. Hazard gonna do something crucial soon enough, guy is too good.

Sam has to drop him as captain. Fuck Nolan, what a pathetic, childish cunt. Ruined any chance of us getting 3 points out of this.

It wasn't even a serious tackle, it was just fucking petulance. Sure, you're frustrated, but you're helping fucking no one by lashing out like a moron.

Plasma

Banned
Poor first half, wonder how fit Rosicky is, think he could really turn things around if we put him in the middle instead of Flamini or Arteta.

Aspas has been horrendous outside of that pass to Henderson
Henderson has a lot of work to do on his finishing, as does Coutinho
Bruce should be off
Suarez is frustrated, needs to calma
Skrtel has been faultless

Fergie

Banned
Watching Saints and it's the area where J Rod really lacks. Struggles to bring balls in and hold it up from what I've seen.

Good game this, probably should have been goals for both teams. Draw a fair result right now.

Expect Chelsea to use their squad in the second half and get the win, though. Hazard gonna do something crucial soon enough, guy is too good.
Eden is very dangerous. Mata is also playing but he hasn't had much play time this season. Criminal.

Saints are having good chances though, could be a surprise.

Barzul

And this is why we always play Giroud as striker. Podolski is kinda useless up there. I don't know if it's the pressure that gets to him.

Walshy

Aspas has been horrendous outside of that pass to Henderson
Henderson has a lot of work to do on his finishing, as does Coutinho
Bruce should be off
Suarez is frustrated, needs to calma
Skrtel has been faultless
Aspas passing has been poor when he's been on the right, he needs to get into the game. He's playing so much better centrally.
Henderson should of buried that chance and Coutinho does as well, but it comes with experience. Henderson and Coutinho are still under 23.
Suarez has every right to be frustrated. He is getting hacked by Hull, refereeing has been abysmal again.
Skrtel has been okay, not much to actually deal with, Hull have offered nothing going forward.

Poor first half, wonder how fit Rosicky is, think he could really turn things around if we put him in the middle instead of Flamini or Arteta.

Dunno. He ran himself into the ground v Newcastle, and isn't that incisive anyway.

This is a game Gnabry really could've started tbh, with Wilshere deep. It's bad enough Ozil and Ramsey are out, but with an Arteta-Flamini pivot, we're lacking the guile to create something clear cut.

sohois

Sounds like a right bunch of crap matches today, maybe things will liven up in the second halves? Probably a few too many hungover players or something.

Not sure what you're talking about re:Aspas, Hitcher, he's not done anything wrong. Been fine for me. It's like you're just looking to fault him.

Fergie

Banned
Sounds like a right bunch of crap matches today, maybe things will liven up in the second halves? Probably a few too many hungover players or something.

Not sure what you're talking about re:Aspas, Hitcher, he's not done anything wrong. Been fine for me. It's like you're just looking to fault him.
United vs Spurs will be a feast.

in united's favour. Pls

Aspas passing has been poor when he's been on the right, he needs to get into the game. He's playing so much better centrally.
Henderson should of buried that chance and Coutinho does as well, but it comes with experience. Henderson and Coutinho are still under 23.
Suarez has every right to be frustrated. He is getting hacked by Hull, refereeing has been abysmal again.
Skrtel has been okay, not much to actually deal with, Hull have offered nothing going forward.

He's right to be frustrated, but he risks getting sent off when he's on a booking and still gesturing at the ref constantly. Need someone to draw another foul from Bruce's twatty son, get him sent off before he gets a chance to injure Suarez

Skrtel just looks more solid than anyone else in defense. The ball goes near him, it ends up out of play or at a teammates feet. With the other 3, it seems like there's always a strong chance of losing the battle and the ball bouncing off of Agger's back or something.

Cissokho needs to learn when to pass, when to hoof and when to carry the ball

GorillaJu

Aspas's first touch is good when he's behind the defensive line, he tends to always put the ball about a leg's distance in front but he turns a little slowly and can't seem to catch the ball when he's not already facing forward.

Disagree completely, but will need stats to back it up :p

Up until the goal this match had 0-0 written all over it, need to impose ourselves some more and get the second before the 65th minute

Fry

I see real talent in Aspas. I just don't see his mentality ready yet. He needs to score a few and start more games to get into good form, but I don't know if he'll have the chances.

Draconian

Not much to say after that first half outside of meh. It's hard to say who's playing well or poor outside of Ramires. Torres is making some good runs and Hazard looks excellent, but the monsoon they're playing in is surely having quite an impact.

slider

Fat Fucking Sam.

Nolan, you complete fucking dolt.

Ugh. I'm prepping myself now for life in the Championship.

And the Arsenal Cardiff game is poor viewing too.

Sane_Man

He's misplaced almost every pass he's tried to make. He's lost us possession in the last third more times than I can remember. Shocking half. I hope he proves me wrong but right now he doesn't look anywhere close to good enough for the Prem.

Splatt

Of the 10? odd touches that Aspas has had so far seems like most have them have been fine, I've not seen him lose the ball or be tackled really.

Majority of them have sent the ball right into Hull players feet.

And he hasn't been tackled because he can't keep possesion of the ball without it bouncing of him like he's a rubber wall.

Fry

Man that bite on Ivanovic was so fucking funny.

What the hell was he thinking :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ugh. I'm prepping myself now for life in the Championship.

Same here. At least the odds are we'll have a different manager in charge. Can't see Sam sticking around in the Championship and nor do I particularly want him to. I was fine with his brand of football when it was getting us consistent results that, while not setting the world on fire, at least saw us stable. But this season? Everything since the start of the transfer window has been an utter, unmitigated disaster (two tasty and entirely unexpected victories at Shite Hart Lane, aside).

I wonder if Sam will quit ahead of the end of the season so he can keep his precious "never been relegated" stat alive.

Top Bottom