• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Hopefully that shuts up some of the pessimistic blerts amongst the Liverpool fanbase (not necessarily on here, in general). So much for 4-4-2 being instant loss, Barkley running amok, etc.

Liverpool in general were very disciplined, with a clear shape in defence and a constant runner on the left tracking back, whether it was Cout, Sturridge or Suarez. What was particularly nice was how those 3 swapped positions but still maintained the defensive shape. Liverpool let Everton have most of the possession but they did nothing with it whilst Liverpool were lethal on the break every time.

Shame for Lukaku, though I can't say I have much sympathy for Everton since he was a ridiculous gift they should never have had.

We aren't playing a 4-4-2. It's essentially a 4-3-3. Suarez and Sturridge rotate going left. We look much balanced compared to when we have tried to play with just two up front. I'm impressed by our shape. Could it be that this 2nd string defence is finally use to playing with one another?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So we add Cardiff to the list of teams who can outplay our midfield, a shockingly long list it is too.

sohois

We aren't playing a 4-4-2. It's essentially a 4-3-3. Suarez and Sturridge rotate going left. We look much balanced compared to when we have tried to play with just two up front. I'm impressed by our shape. Could it be that this 2nd string defence is finally use to playing with one another?

Aye, but the personnel is very much 4-4-2, seems like everyone was insisting there was no chance with Gerrard and Hendo at CM

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If this last another 5 minutes im turning this off, this is every game this season, we have a huge fucking sign above our heads which reads "PLEASE SCORE, TRY AND SCORE PLEASE"

subtles

The team is more compact and pressing well + the passing is more fluid compared to recent games.

Everton aren't doing themselves any favors up front but Sturridge is a beast.

Feorax

BfGEhiiIUAEuNSm.jpg

Love it.

Marc

BT doesn't even bother talking about that amazing Sturridge finish, fucking disgrace!

Saints have been off the boil lately, top 4 went to their heads, start thinking they can get away with 1-0 wins or something. Arsenal were bound to score despite playing poorly. Saints show their resolve though. Hope saints win to keep this all interesting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom