• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes should have hijacked Chelsea's signings. Let Mou keep Mata and use the money on Matic, Zouma and Salah instead.

That's more than just the Mata money right there. At least a good portion of the KDB money too, not to mention considering the wages.

Wilbur

Banned
Moyes should have hijacked Chelsea's signings. Let Mou keep Mata and use the money on Matic, Zouma and Salah instead.

Yeah, this actually makes sense. 10m more on two extra players and in positions that needed more attention.

Meier

City youth teams are on fucking fire lately. Love it! Just had our 2nd derby win in the past week (U-21 and now U-18). Thierry Ambrose is a future star and the U-18s have won 13 in a row. :O

Ashes

Banned
pls stay away from Martinez.

I shudder when I remember the days of Walter Smith and Howard Kendell.

Had he phrased it as such, I would not pick Martinez my self.

And please for the love god, Utd players need to stop getting injured, Every game somebody goes off.

subtracting that sum, it still totals around £75m, a far cry from the original figure

plus, if reports are true, Barca might even need to pony up more dough to the tax authorities for cooking the books!

a crazy deal

Still a better deal than Bale :p

Er then you should had said one of the candidates. Maybe Martinez perhaps.
Who wouldn't take Fergie? It's not like we were asking for his retirement lol.

I just think it would be weird to go back to a manager who retired 8 months after said retirement.

Does the dismantling of Dortmund make Klopp more or less likely to leave in the summer? Would hate for him to move to Man Utd

CozMick

Banned
Right just got in from wolves

Rubs result but not as bad as I feared.

Motd worth watching tomorrow?

Goal of the day has been exceptionally giffed for your convenience just a page back, now you can avoid jug ears for a full week,

Thank me later ;)

Yeah, this actually makes sense. 10m more on two extra players and in positions that needed more attention.

Also consider Zouma pretty much said he wanted to join Chelsea already 2 years ago, he was set on Chelsea especially after Mou told him he wanted him.

Scum

That's more than just the Mata money right there. At least a good portion of the KDB money too, not to mention considering the wages.
That's true. But it would have been well worth it too, especially if Rooney was put in his place and that extra wages he wants was shared among these three.

Moyes needs to be fucking careful too and just change up the style of play. You don't want Fulham turning up thinking they deserve a result. D:

Ashes

Banned
I just think it would be weird to go back to a manager who retired 8 months after said retirement.

Does the dismantling of Dortmund make Klopp more or less likely to leave in the summer? Would hate for him to move to Man Utd

Utd board won't fire Moyes; it's just not the done thing. Especially not if they consider Moyes to be a better manager than Martinez, Brendan Rogers and Sherwood. They're all good managers but they'd all crumble with the pressure of old Trafford post Ferguson.

Moyeezus said:
"I don't know what we have to do to win."

Agreed.

Moyeezus said:
"But we should have been out of sight with the amount of opportunities we had today and we only have ourselves to blame."

Four shots on target.

Panic buying Fellaini really fucked us over. Our blinders are up on quality players that maybe don't quite have "top" name value yet, especially in midfield.

Barzul

City youth teams are on fucking fire lately. Love it! Just had our 2nd derby win in the past week (U-21 and now U-18). Thierry Ambrose is a future star and the U-18s have won 13 in a row. :O

Who was the last youth player at City to get a consistent run in? Micah Richards?

Ashes

Banned
Panic buying Fellaini really fucked us over. Our blinders are up on quality players that maybe don't quite have "top" name value yet, especially in midfield.

I wish Moyes would stop doing this. Rooney being put in midfield probably cost us a second goal.

One off these days we're going to be level going into the 90th minute.,

pulga

Banned
wooden

what is this sorcery

kimmedicah3jh0.gif

lolololololol

edit: this deserves a spot in the OP

Scum

and it's Visceral those talentless fools, at least it will be easy to skip lol

They'll have a fancy looking trailer accompanied by some popular song with millions of views on Youtube. 'GAF will be brought to it's knees as console warriors, .gif makers and pixel counters salivate all over it, only for it to be a 6hr waste of everyone's time when it launches in Nov.

Fry

Tomorrow is such a big day for Liverpool.

If we win, it'll be a breakthrough, because we usually fuck up when we MUST not.

faridmon

I kept saying this and kept getting abuse for it.

Maybe not for you, but Clubs who don't have the chance to compete in the CL, Europeean games is quite fancy.

Too bad, shit clubs such as Swansea are showing the PL why its better not to compete in it.

Meier

Who was the last youth player at City to get a consistent run in? Micah Richards?

Micah is the only one at City who you would say is a consistent first team option but he's injured all the damn time these days. Boyata is the only other player in the first team to come through the ranks now that Guidetti has been loaned out.

Some other academy players with international caps since Micah: Abdul Razak, Daniel Sturridge, Kasper Schmeichel, Ryan McGivern, Gregg Cunningham, Vladimir Weiss, Ched Evans. Steven Ireland came in at the same time as Micah and obviously is a full international as well.

Blablurn

BAYERN-GAF. What do you think Götze needs to do to reach Ronaldo/Messi level? He can dribble and he can score goals.

I guess the problem is Ronaldo and Messi are playing with scrubs which makes it easier to stand out. But I think Götze has the potential to be one of the greatest.

Scum

BAYERN-GAF. What do you think Götze needs to do to reach Ronaldo/Messi level? He can dribble and he can score goals.

I guess the problem is Ronaldo and Messi are playing with scrubs which makes it easier to stand out. But I think Götze has the potential to be one of the greatest.

"Playing with scrubs." Go back to bed, Bla. You're drunk.

faridmon

Now I have seen it all!

Utd board won't fire Moyes; it's just not the done thing. Especially not if they consider Moyes to be a better manager than Martinez, Brendan Rogers and Sherwood. They're all good managers but they'd all crumble with the pressure of old Trafford post Ferguson.

There's crumbling, and then there's crumbling

I don't think any manager could have won the league with Man Utd this year, but Moyes is distinctly creeping into Hodgson-at-Liverpool territory. Given time and money I think he'd turn you into a team that comfortably qualifies for the CL, but is that enough?

Splatt

He needs to be focal point of every attack, which is never going to happen at Bayern.

pulga

Banned

pls someone update my favorite messi gif with pep's face

Feorax

Tomorrow is such a big day for Liverpool.

If we win, it'll be a breakthrough, because we usually fuck up when we MUST not.

I'm trying not to focus on individual games, or current league position. I'll drive myself mad if I do that.

All I care about right now is getting over the 75pt mark. We need 10 wins from 15 games to do that, which is more than doable based on our current form.

Barzul

He needs to score or assist goals, a shit ton of them.

Barzul

Micah is the only one at City who you would say is a consistent first team option but he's injured all the damn time these days. Boyata is the only other player in the first team to come through the ranks now that Guidetti has been loaned out.

Some other academy players with international caps since Micah: Abdul Razak, Daniel Sturridge, Kasper Schmeichel, Ryan McGivern, Gregg Cunningham, Vladimir Weiss, Ched Evans. Steven Ireland came in at the same time as Micah and obviously is a full international as well.

How did you guys lose Sturridge? He could have been even better in this City team.

Maybe not for you, but Clubs who don't have the chance to compete in the CL, Europeean games is quite fancy.

Too bad, shit clubs such as Swansea are showing the PL why its better not to compete in it.

You absolutely need a fair sized squad to make the EL a competition worth being in, if you have aspirations of battling for fourth. Then you have to get lucky with the fixtures. If being in it screws your season up elsewhere, it goes to the bottom of the list of priorites quick as a flash

How did you guys lose Sturridge? He could have been even better in this City team.

Think him and Hughes had a remarkably poor relationship. Sturridge was smashing it game after game for the reserves, and doing well off the bench, but Hughes kept playing overpriced shite ahead of him iirc

jesalr

I thought Bentaleb and Ade were the only good players, only those two moved the ball quickly. Everyone else played like slugs, from the performance and post-match comments you'd think Moyes was the manager.

I've always defended Lennon but I have no idea what the fuck he was doing today. Our lack of quality on the wings is a serious issue and we need Townsend and Lamela back ASAP.

Bentaleb was statistically good, but a lot of sideways passing, a lot of letting runners through, and a lot of slowing our play down. He wasn't particularly creative nor particularly destructive, just seemed a bit of a passenger to me.

faridmon

You absolutely need a fair sized squad to make the EL a competition worth being in, if you have aspirations of battling for fourth. Then you have to get lucky with the fixtures. If being in it screws your season up elsewhere, it goes to the bottom of the list of priorites quick as a flash

I agree wholeheartedly, and I do think we wouldn't survive in that tournament. But dismissing it entirely while people fawning on CL is pissing me off. You will need the same squad depth for EL as if you are playing for CL.

I just wish playing in EL would net the clubs more money than it actually does, but Fucking UEFA wouldn't do a thing to promote such tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom