• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Mata is barely a part of Uniteds play, bought him just to stick him on the wing and extend Rooney contract so he can be shit in the middle.

Wilbur

Banned
Observations:

- Quite enjoyed the game, there's a nice pace and energy to it even if not too many chances. Some good blood and thunder tackles going in.

- Liverpool have way too much pace for us. Sturridge finding so much space and Henderson and Allen untroubled all game apart from when Fellaini pushes onto them.

- We should move Rooney out wide and Mata infield to protect the full backs and midfield but Moyes is too scared of bruising Rooney's ego.

- Jones, Fellaini and (besides the stupid fucking handball which he might be lucky to still be on the pitch for) Rafael our best players, probably in that order.

- Rooney's passing has been awful. Genuinely, the fucking balls and accuracy Moyes would show in getting him off for Welbeck would delight me but it isn't going to happen.

Linius

Loool, I love Fox Sports. They use a clip to advertise for the Arsenal - Chelsea game with voice clips of Mou going on about Wenger being a failure :p

jesalr

I get what Van Persie was saying about people 'in his zone.' Nobody seems to be showing for the ball a little further back, nobody behind the box trying to carve. Everyone for United is already in the box waiting for the ball.

pappe

Has Carrick done anything at all?

I mean Fellaini is having to do all the work in the midfield. Closing players. Making runs. Stopping attacks.

Walshy

I'd take Sterling off and throw on Coutinho and make Henderson press higher up.

Coutinho could really open United's defense from a deeper role.

GorillaJu

Suarez not getting in dangerous areas yet. Playing as a false nine at the moment. Would like to see us put Coutinho in for Allen around the hour mark and play 4-1-4-1.

Fergie

Banned
Wish Rooney wasn't playing in the middle. He just isn't capable there.

Rooney and RVP worked last season. Moyes destroying everything he touches.

Performance overall: Good
Decision not to send Rafael off: Rubbish
Decision to book Gerrard for winning a headed duel: Rubbish
Flanagan's intelligence in when to tackle, when to hold and when to foul: Needs work
Performance since goal: Needs work
Skrtel: Great so far
Composure on the ball: Could do with keeping it simple more. Intricately passing our way into trouble too often

Yen

Sterling at RB and Johnson at LB could be an option. Would get Coutinho (or Lucas) on the pitch without sacrificing one of our midfield players.

doicare

Are people even watching the same game? There's been nothing in it, 51% United possession to Liverpool's 49% and 7 United shots to Liverpool's 6, yet surprise, surprise United are behind.

Ashes

Banned
Has Carrick done anything at all?

I mean Fellaini is having to do all the work in the midfield. Closing players. Making runs. Stopping attacks.

It's actually the opposite. Most of the off the ball work is done by Carrick. It's the wide men that are the problem. Not close enough to their central midfielders.

sohois

I think Liverpool need to get Stirling left to pin back Rafael, who is the main danger. Switch to the defensive 4-4-2 which Liverpool have deployed in the past

GorillaJu

I think Liverpool need to get Stirling left to pin back Rafael, who is the main danger. Switch to the defensive 4-4-2 which Liverpool have deployed in the past

Yep, Agreed. I prefer to put Sturridge on the other wing and play 4-1-4-1 for the extra body in midfield, though.

Wilbur

Banned
No, Rooney should be the first to come off because all he's done is give the ball away all game and encroach in positions where there are players that are better in those positions.

Tc91

Fuck bringing Kagawa on. We have enough penetration with Rooney/Adnan/Mata and overlaps from our full backs.

Game needs Welbz.

Gnev notices the problem 5mins into the game.

half time and Moyes hasn't done anything to correct it other than swapping mata and januzaj

Take off RvP put Rooney on the Left, Wellbeck upfront with Mata behind.

Or even take Carrick off for Valencia.

L1NETT

Suppose you always take that risk with Adnan and Mata that you aren't the most defensively compact.

With that forward line you would expect Mig to be tested a helluva lot more.

Are people even watching the same game? There's been nothing in it, 51% United possession to Liverpool's 49% and 7 United shots to Liverpool's 6, yet surprise, surprise United are behind.

Neither of those stats matter. Liverpool had the better opportunities and the better play overall.

Wilbur

Banned
Rafael is so so lucky to be on the pitch. shame because he's actually been very good and had no options out wide to help him.

Slizz

Another record broken;

Thats considered a 'record'?

Januzaj looks so much better on the right, which is basically what everyone was saying during the WBA game.

Rafa is a moron, Fergie would be able to reign him in. Don't think Moyes can.

tri_willy

Performance overall: Good
Decision not to send Rafael off: Rubbish
Decision to book Gerrard for winning a headed duel: Rubbish
Flanagan's intelligence in when to tackle, when to hold and when to foul: Needs work
Performance since goal: Needs work
Skrtel: Great so far
Composure on the ball: Could do with keeping it simple more. Intricately passing our way into trouble too often

job half done thus far...will need to continue to put in the effort next half and make it impossible for united to come back into the game

Into

Milanlol

No way Balo stays after this season, i just do not see it, yet who would want such a moody player? Someone i am sure...

L1NETT

Also agree with Collymore that either play Mata at 10 or don't play him at all.

Adnan right and Rooney left should be from the get go personally.

Rooney far more defensively capable

Wilbur

Banned
Dreams

Welbeck for Rooney
Mata infield

Reality

Welbeck for anyone else, he'd bring De Gea off and put Welbz in goal before he took the fat cunt off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom