• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Exactly. Welbeck for Rooney. We'll never see it because Moyes is his fucking bitch.

Fucking cock.

Rooney is undroppable since he's bent us over twice.

Bin RVP off in the summer and play with Rooney up top Mata as a 10 and bring in a world class winger. Seeing Mata on the right is painful, when Rafa goes on a run he has no one in front of him and gets lost.

GorillaJu

Also agree with Collymore that either play Mata at 10 or don't play him at all.

Adnan right and Rooney left should be from the get go personally.

Rooney far more defensively capable

Yep, Neville called it within the first 10 minutes or so, huge problems with the space in between Januzaj / Mata and midfielders that Allen and Henderson are abusing. Should put Roony out wide and Mata central for that reason.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney is undroppable since he's bent us over twice.

Bin RVP off in the summer and play with Rooney up top Mata as a 10 and bring in a world class winger. Seeing Mata on the right is painful, when Rafa goes on a run he has no one in front of him and gets lost.

Adnan working much better on the right than Mata, yeah.

Just fucking frustrating me. Yeah RVP's been quiet but he has Rooney in the space he operates in all the fucking time, and Rooney just keeps on giving the ball away.

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 1m
Wayne Rooney completed just 65% of his passes in the first half. pic.twitter.com/qb4udgrZrQ

EZwh49Z.gif

Ashes

Banned
Funny thing is it's still 0-1, which in the past meant we were still in it. I say past but of course I don't mean the recent past.

Marc

I'd take Sterling off and throw on Coutinho and make Henderson press higher up.

Coutinho could really open United's defense from a deeper role.

You can play on the counter attack now, Sterling is boss in those situations, should just switch to a 4-3-3 and have Sterling out wide. With Suarez and Sturridge rotating on the left.

No, Rooney should be the first to come off because all he's done is give the ball away all game and encroach in positions where there are players that are better in those positions.

Truth. RVP is the easy scapegoat because he's super-isolated and barely getting a touch on the ball. He's not out of form: he's out of the game.

Arnie

Funny thing is it's still 0-1, which in the past meant we were still in it. I say past but of course I don't mean the recent past.
You're definitely still in it.

People saying Mig's save was ordinary aren't wrong, but in the past it's the sort of chance that would beat Reina.

phaze

Milanlol

No way Balo stays after this season, i just do not see it, yet who would want such a moody player? Someone i am sure...

Mourinho maybe ? He can't be satisfied with his current crop of strikers and Cavani, Costa asking prices may turn out to be too steep.

Tc91

Adnan working much better on the right than Mata, yeah.

Just fucking frustrating me. Yeah RVP's been quiet but he has Rooney in the space he operates in all the fucking time, and Rooney just keeps on giving the ball away.

Truth. RVP is the easy scapegoat because he's super-isolated and barely getting a touch on the ball. He's not out of form: he's out of the game.

True, true.

Unfortunate for RVP since we are now Rooney's biatch. Man up Moyes and try something different.

Ashes

Banned
You're definitely still in it.

People saying Mig's save was ordinary aren't wrong, but in the past it's the sort of chance that would beat Reina.

It's not really a Liverpool thing, when we go behind, we don't tend to come back and win anymore.

danwarb

Ah yes logical points totally proving me wrong there.........

The difference is where Liverpool are winning possession back versus United, United's back line and Fellaini doing all the work. Also the quality of chances created. 1 shot on target to 3. 0 goals to 1.

PaulLFC

Clattenburg himself says he'd have booked Rafael if the handball was in the middle of the pitch. That's a shit excuse for "I bottled it". A deliberate handball is a deliberate handball.

doicare

It's gonna be a slow game.

Just fine. Are you gonna stir up the thread this afternoon?
Just telling it like it is, nothing much between the two teams but people with agendas want to pretend otherwise. With all the bad luck going against United and all the good luck going for Liverpool this season i expect not a lot to change in the second half.

Into

Mourinho maybe ? He can't be satisfied with his current crop of strikers and Cavani, Costa asking prices may turn out to be too steep.

Yeah i was thinking a English team, i dont see any of the two Spanish giants to bother, they are covered there. Maybe Mou can control him

He is not going to achieve anything in Milan, that club is not going anywhere unless some drastic happens

LEGIT EDIT: LOL PELANTEY

subtles

To think how genius Brendan's formation would have been if Rafael was sent off.

It would force a tactical change from Moyes and allow us to play our more expansive game.

I do feel that Coutinho would have a strong impact in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom