• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

"Liverpool have won just 4 of the 15 tackles they've gone in for so far today"

wtzgU.gif

Unacceptably sloppy, seem to have a 'just have to turn up to win' mindset. Gerrard or Allen off for Lucas or Sterling wouldn't be a bad move. Or both.

Johnson the only one to play well so far I think

pulsemyne

Swansea ended the first half very much on top of everton. They do look ropey at the back and Routledge is having a field day. We will probably see Shelvey on for canas in the second half. Maybe a bit of michu later as well.

bjaelke

Unacceptably sloppy, seem to have a 'just have to turn up to win' mindset. Gerrard or Allen off for Lucas or Sterling wouldn't be a bad move. Or both.

Think Henderson have been our best player. Looks comfortable on the ball and doesn't give away possession.

LTWheels

Well we're still in this and have a good chance of winning IMO. Flanagan is having a mare out there, he needs help on that side.

I think the problem is his lack of pace.

Against United, as they had no pacey players on the system works.

In the diamond he can become isolated in defence. Allen's not that quick to get across.

Would rather we go to 4-3-3 and put Sterling in front of Flanagan to protect him; or play Cissoko who is quick and can defend well.

GorillaJu

Just seen that Norwich volley. Goodness me. Beauty.

I don't think taking Allen off is quite necessary yet. He's done well winning possession and creating attacks. I think Rodgers just needs to have a word, tell him Flanagan needs his cover and that he should occupy space more on the left. Sterling to come on at 65'

Barzul

Embarrassing times to be an Arsenal fan. We deserve all the hits we're getting. At least we can still dream about the FA Cup.

My mate at uni is in love with Callum Wilson.

I remember watching him breaking into the first team thinking that he was going to be a really good player for us. I didn't think however that he would score as many goals as he has in his first proper season. If he didn't had 2 months out due to a shoulder injury he would probably be the League 1 top scorer. I think he is currently 5th in terms of all time Coventry league goal scorers in a season although we are playing in the weaker league nowadays.

danwarb

Coutinho has been poor this first half. Allen and Gerrard are at least doing their jobs well enough. They're not getting through the middle.

Liverpool are just not setup for Cardiff, they have some serious pace on the wings.

GorillaJu

Coutinho has been poor this first half. Allen and Gerrard are at least doing their jobs well enough. They're not getting through the middle.

Liverpool are just not setup for Cardiff, they have some serious pace on the wings.

Coutinho has been really good since he calmed down and played more patiently. His delivery for Skrtel's goal was drool-worthy

LTWheels

Yeah, I don't see how the diamond works for us against pacey teams.

I think Coutinho has been fine.

Cardiff seem to be weak out wide. We are getting in behind them. Makes sense to see Sterling come on now for probably Allen, and change formation.

I would also contemplate brining on Lucas and pushing Gerrard further forward.

Plasma

Banned
Embarrassing times to be an Arsenal fan. We deserve all the hits we're getting. At least we can still dream about the FA Cup.

If we win the FA cup and finish in the top four I'll be really happy. It's just completely frustrating when games like this happen though and you can see how far ahead some of the other teams are from us.

I think Gerrard is one silly foul away from a red though, and he plays in a position now where that is not a comfortable position for him to be in. And his strengths as a DM don't exactly lie on the defensive side, so I can easily see it happening.

Allen could come off just to get someone on who'll be quicker and more alert to the threat of Cardiff getting easy runs at and past Flanagan. Plus, gimme all dat pace.

Barzul

I know anything can happen in cup games and all, but it'd be an embarassment if they didn't, considering the opposition.

It would be and I think we'll win it, we've generally been solid against weaker teams bar Man United. It's only the top teams that have given us trouble. Out of the top four we've only beaten Liverpool and drawn against Chelsea this season. Hope we manage to get something out of the City game, at least Ramsey will be back for that one.

GorillaJu

I am very afraid of a Gerrard red card. But I think even if we went down to 10 we could scrape a win. Allen and Lucas both are good holding midfielders, we'd just have to sacrifice an attacker and Suarez/Studge are always dangerous.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Barzul

We could do with a player like Matic. Any suggestions footyGAF? Arteta is past it, can't keep the pace with bigger teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom