• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
We're lucky to go in with a draw at half time, we've hardly had any possession and apart from the goal no real meaningful attacks.

Sloppy stuff in this first half but Liverpool should be up by a couple goals. Arsenal is surprisingly poor after last week, their midfield is just not there.

I'd be tempted to bring on Diaby at half time our midfield just can't keep hold of the ball. Such a gamble though because his probably not fit or could just get injured again.

I'd do with at least another player into the midfield because I can't remember the last time our midfield made any advances towards the Liverpool half, its been characteristic of us all season and its frankly unacceptable and tiring; we're playing like a lower league team away from home

sohois

yes and so is gervinho.

however, i don't understand why benayoun, on the other hand, is on the pitch.

Maybe he figured he'd be hyped up against his former club. Plus perhaps he is rested from not playing in the international break(?)

I continue to be flabergasted by the atrocious finishing that Liverpool has shown this season. All these chances and they have to rely on an own goal, is there no one in the team that can poke the damn ball in with regularity?

GorillaJu

I continue to be flabergasted by the atrocious finishing that Liverpool has shown this season. All these chances and they have to rely on an own goal, is there no one in the team that can poke the damn ball in with regularity?

It is truly flabergasting. It's not like Kuyt and Suàrez have had trouble being in scoring positions. They've been there. They just can't finish. It's unbelievable.

Arnie

As much as I think Henderson has talent and will become a really good player, if he's going to play as reserved as this I'd rather have Maxi on. Maxi is probably the best finisher we have in the team, and he can play an incisive pass. He links well with Suarez too.

GorillaJu

Bellamy is the best finisher in the team. And I know it's crazy talk to you all but Carroll is a better finisher than Maxi.

But I wouldn't mind a 70' appearance by the Argentine.

Arnie

Bellamy is the best finisher in the team. And I know it's crazy talk to you all but Carroll is a better finisher than Maxi.

But I wouldn't mind a 70' appearance by the Argentine.

Don't agree with the bolded.

Bellamy is probably the best finisher though, you're right. Shame our good finishers are on the bench and we have Kuyt flapping around the goal.

Mastadon

Banned
Don't agree with the bolded.

Bellamy is probably the best finisher though, you're right. Shame our good finishers are on the bench and we have Kuyt flapping around the goal.
Maxi has been pretty garbage when given chances this season. He's a good poacher but again, he's a bit of a passenger.

Clegg

Jamie Redknapp is such a bellend.

I enjoyed it when G.Neville made him look like a tool a few weeks ago.

Hilarious first half by the way.

Liverpool are doing all they can to not score and Arsenal are doing all they can to let Liverpool score. FFS Arsenal have been doing Liverpools job for them.

confuziz

Banned
Liverpool just needs to buy a striker from the Bundesliga or Primera Divison that has at least 15-20 goals behind his name at the end of the season..

GorillaJu

Liverpool just needs to buy a striker from the Bundesliga or Primera Divison that has at least 15-20 goals behind his name at the end of the season..

Radamel Falcao, Roberto Soldado, Llorentre, Cavani... There are names, but we won't buy them.

I know the joke this year was our ridiculous over-abundance of midfielders but I'd like a Javi Martinez in the team.

Splatt

Radamel Falcao, Roberto Soldado, Llorentre, Cavani... There are names, but we won't buy them.

I know the joke this year was our ridiculous over-abundance of midfielders but I'd like a Javi Martinez in the team.

Why would you need Javi when you have Lucas?

offshore

On the one hand, this looks awful for Arteta.

On the other, it means the Ox can come on.

Oh okay, Diaby works I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom